Confessions of an Alliance Hopper

Beauty

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1339029294' post='2978500']
They're a mass recruiting alliance. You also have to factor in people who don't care about the game other than when wartime shows up.

No doubt they have a few dedicated members, but I'd name quite a few alliances before NpO if I was going to point out a strong community.
[/quote]
Right, and you also have to factor in people who don't come out and make an ass of themselves on these forums or on IRC, and just stay inside. You don't get hit as hard and often as Polar and have a weak community. Do they have the strongest? I don't know. But it has to be strong, or else they wouldn't have survived.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1338906200' post='2977485']No matter where I go I just can't find a home. I like war, but at the right time. Id like to be a large nation who can account for its losses. I'd like to have a community where I can enjoy getting online and go to work with...I'm just so confused, How can I find a place to call home? How do you guys discover which communities you fit in the most?[/quote]

I've talked to a lot of people who have said similar things. It's not uncommon for people to be dissatisfied now and then, you're just more open about it.

I agree with the people who have said figure out what you want to "do" in CN now and look for alliances who seem to be headed in that direction. Also, since what an alliance leader wants to do can change, if the alliance you happen to be in sticks to it's old goals of course you're going to move on.

I really don't think there is anything wrong with changing alliances, even a lot if that's what a nation ruler wants to do. I get why some alliance recruiters and some leaders don't like it because overall alliance strength and numbers are a matter of alliance influence and safety, but the best ones IMO are those that prefer members who are in their alliance because it's a good match and, if that isn't the case, supports a move.

If you don't feel you belong to any community in CN, leave the game for a while. Stop thinking about grabbing all the attention to yourself, that is your problem. People want to make a name of themselves in this game, but you can't do it by alliance hopping or jumping ship whenever you [i]feel[/i] bad about a situation.

the only alliance you are going to 100% like is the one you start. and even then, other people will @#$% it up soon enough.

nowhere is perfect, you learn to live with it, get along with the people, and make it as good as you can.

Edited by Lyria

[quote name='lebubu' timestamp='1339140875' post='2979279']
you can apply to mk rotavele

a fair princess such as yourself will surely get a lot of vouches
[/quote]

I did apply. That one was serious though. I got rejected.

Since we were named: we do not hate you. The alliance, in itself, does not harbor any ill-will towards you as we cannot name any thing you'd have done against us.

However, you will assuredly be rejected should you apply. That's for TOP.

--

As for the rest, you like attention and like to feel important so I'd suggest that you stick to terrible alliances like CSN and MCXA where you can truly shine. The general lack of competence and charisma in their leaders mean that you will rapidly be able to rise through the ranks and occupy a position of prime importance.

In short: find yourself a kingdom of blind men and have them crown you as their cyclopean queen.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1338906200' post='2977485']
I left many of them (Zenith, TIO, [b]GGA[/b], Athens) at their disbandment.[/quote]

I must ask, what name were you using while in GGA at disbandment? I was in GGA since I joined this game in Nov 2006 until it disbanded in late July of 2010. I do not remember seeing your name at any point in the months leading up to our disbandment, much less when we disbanded. So just curious as to if you meant you were actually there during the time we disbanded or if you were there at an earlier date. And if there at disbandment, what nick?

As to your problem of alliances, I know I've had my fair share of doubts. Like I said I was in GGA from time I joined game till it disbanded with a couple months where I was in other places. After they disbanded I joined GOP and just quit paying attention to the game for a year, and when I came back I was faced with the dilemma. Where to go? I settled on Tetris because it was a small friendly community of close friends. At first I was alienated and felt like an outsider but eventually got accepted into the fold and now love it there. So my suggestion is to find a community of friends. Stick with it for a month or two, don't just leave after a couple weeks if things aren't going your way. It takes time in any community for a person to be fully accepted as one of their members. Well those are just my thoughts