An Anniversary of Note

[center][img]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x204/Sigma_012/PolarisBird.png[/img]

[size="5"]An Anniversary of Note[/size][/center]

Six years ago, The New Pacific Order was high on victory. They had just defeated their nemesis a second time, the NAAC lay near ruined. They shrunk to less than half their size, and were quite demoralized. The Blue Team, the NAAC's domain, was ripe for the taking. Ivan Moldavi, Emperor of the NPO, launched an experiment to fill the power vacuum, and he called it The New Polar Order. Many abandoned the NAAC in its crippled state and joined the newly formed alliance. Quite a few left the NPO, either to help the fledgling alliance, and many joined simply out of curiosity and a sense of adventure. Most, however, called this new alliance "The Blue Colony", a mere puppet state controlled by the NPO in an attempt to destroy the NAAC. Said detractors weren't all that wrong really. With the same Emperor, a copy/pasted Charter, and permanent MADP, and facing a world that most certainly didn't want another "Order", they made a good point. However something happened, and fairly quickly too.

The New Polar Order, the Blue Colony, developed a spirit, soul, and character all of its own. Members joined, not to be a member of "NPO Lite", but because they saw potential. War was brought quickly to Polar's doorstep, by its own actions, and that war baptized it with fire. Lots and lots of fire... And what emerged was a community. A community that many of us rightly predicted was no longer a political insult, or a pawn in a Pacifican game. The colony became Polaris, and many of us knew it was destined for greatness.

Six years later, little Polar has been through a lot. At times it was one of the largest and most powerful alliances in the world. At times it was a political liability and destined for certain failure (at least according to the masses). But through it all, the community of Polaris remained, and only grew stronger. Its successes brought confidence, and its failures brought knowledge and wisdom. And they managed to have fun almost the entire time too.

I currently carry the title of Emperor of Polaris, but first and foremost I am a member of the Polar community, and the observances I have made above have been my own. I truly believe Polaris is an amazing alliance and community, and I am proud to have been a member of it for the last six years.

But that's enough sappiness out of me. It's time for partying, drinking, and state-sponsored debauchery! Polaris is having its 6th Birthday Party! Please stop by [url="http://polarorder.net/forum/index.php"]our forums[/url] and partake in contests, forum games, and perhaps get to know the membership of Polaris firsthand. Also feel free to stop by #Polaris as well, just be careful of the locals, as they are likely heavily intoxicated. Happy Birthday, Polaris!

RandomInterrupt
Emperor of Polaris

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1337912912' post='2971856']
Six years later and you have accomplished nothing except being a punching bag. You had so much potential!
[/quote]
This, so this.

Happy birthday anyway

Edited by Unkajo

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1337912861' post='2971854']
Congratulations on your birthday!

--Gopherbashi
Emperor of Polaris
[/quote]

i support this uprising and making gopher emperor of NpO.

lol

in all seriousness happy 6th anni.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1337912912' post='2971856']
Six years later and you have accomplished nothing except being a punching bag. You had so much potential!
[/quote]
Didn't we kill a few of your alliances, or am I mixing you up with someone else?

o/ Polaris, my home for over 5 years. I have never regretted the move, not ever. We have been at the dizzy heights, we have been at the harrowing depths, but through it all we have been true to ourselves and we have developed something that most will never experience.

Polaris Prevails.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1337913505' post='2971867']
I see you haven't relinquished your self-appointed role as the ghost of Pacifican past.

Regardless, congratulations Polaris, surviving 6 years is something to be proud of.
[/quote]
Not Pacifican past, really. We were never "Pacifican", simply a creation of it. In fact rejecting many of those "Pacifican ideals" is what forced us to adapt, learn, and become something unique and interesting. I recapped our founding, not to create ties to the NPO, but to illustrate how far we've come. From a political jab at a defeated foe to a community strong enough to stick together for 6 years.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1337914514' post='2971885']
You killed TOP? My other alliance was Alpha Omega and it is still alive.
[/quote]
I think I thought you were in the NAAC and something else. But who knows anymore, I probably am thinking of someone else.

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1337913906' post='2971876']
Not Pacifican past, really. We were never "Pacifican", simply a creation of it. In fact rejecting many of those "Pacifican ideals" is what forced us to adapt, learn, and become something unique and interesting. I recapped our founding, not to create ties to the NPO, but to illustrate how far we've come. From a political jab at a defeated foe to a community strong enough to stick together for 6 years.
[/quote]
Yeah, that was probably a really bad term to use, the pitfalls of posting while tired I guess. I couldn't remember how you have described it in the past either. Anyway, it just struck me as interesting that the first half of what is meant as a celebration of Polaris's history is so coloured by your opinion of the NPO. But I guess a certain view of the past is understandable given subsequent events.