NoR Reunion Day Announcement

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1337201907' post='2968206']
A scatalogical euphemism.
[/quote]

Many thanks for the clarification. Every day is a wonderful opportunity to learn new things, I find.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1337197793' post='2968186']
They have been here for years and even the drunk ones dont go on racist rants, just relax.
[/quote]

They have been explicit in their opposition of that crap but don't mislead the guy and imply that Nordreich has never had issues with authentic white supremacists and Nazis in their ranks.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1337203168' post='2968214']
They have been explicit in their opposition of that crap but don't mislead the guy and imply that Nordreich has never had issues with authentic white supremacists and Nazis in their ranks.
[/quote]

As long as you dont mislead people by implying that you couldnt say that about any alliance. I was always amused at how readily the rest of the world snapped up our rejects, and just how little the rest of the world cared about such opinions as long as the one expressing them wasnt in NoR. Those sorts seem to find a friendly welcome just about anywhere on the planet [b]except[/b] Nordreich, in fact.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1337203961' post='2968215']
As long as you dont mislead people by implying that you couldnt say that about any alliance. I was always amused at how readily the rest of the world snapped up our rejects, and just how little the rest of the world cared about such opinions as long as the one expressing them wasnt in NoR. Those sorts seem to find a friendly welcome just about anywhere on the planet [b]except[/b] Nordreich, in fact.
[/quote]
she does make a point^

[/quote]

[ooc] Thing is, most of those other alliances haven't had members who have acted out on those opinions and caused harm to people over them. Just sayin. Let's not pretend that Wartides and people like him never existed. [/ooc]

At any rate, I wish NoR the best in their future endeavors. Don't let the internal drama keep ya down. :D

Edited by Ayatollah Bromeini

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1337204291' post='2968219']
Thing is, most of those other alliances haven't had members who have acted out on those opinions [ooc] IRL [/ooc]. Just sayin'.
[/quote]

Oh really? How would you know?

[ooc] Thing is, most of those other alliances haven't had members who have acted out on those opinions and caused harm to people over them. Just sayin. Let's not pretend that people like Wartides never existed. [/ooc]

At any rate, I wish NoR the best in their future endeavors. Don't let the internal drama keep ya down. :D
[/quote]
this has nothing to do with rl, this is ic. so that argument is invalid

[quote name='Redneck' timestamp='1337204426' post='2968221']
this has nothing to do with rl, this is ic. so that argument is invalid
[/quote]

Oh, I know. Not trying to stir up problems or re open old wounds, just sort of debunking that tired old "why aren't these standards ever applied to anyone else" argument.

Carry one with ze reunion party. :v:

[ooc] Thing is, most of those other alliances haven't had members who have acted out on those opinions and caused harm to people over them. Just sayin. Let's not pretend that Wartides and people like him never existed. [/ooc]

[/quote]
I don't know what you're talking about in specific, but to suggest whatever he did had anything to do with him being a member of NoR or they condoned his [OOC] bad behavior sounds crazy to me.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1337205446' post='2968223']
I don't know what you're talking about in specific, but to suggest whatever he did had anything to do with him being a member of NoR or they condoned his [OOC] bad behavior sounds crazy to me.
[/quote]

That's... not what I said at all.

But I'll bow out now. I've spoken my piece.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1337205526' post='2968224']
That's... not what I said at all.

But I'll bow out now. I've spoken my piece.
[/quote]
If you're not suggesting there is any connection, I don't know why you bothered bringing it up in their announcement thread.

Edited by Methrage

I have had my issues with Nordreich and them with me. But no-one can dispute what Nordreich has managed to achieved in the time they returned to Planet Bob

When NoR came back to this planet, they did so knowing that things were stacked against them, yet acted with, and fought with honour. The proof of the pudding is that many of their present allies, were at one stage or another enemies on the field of battle, that in itself is a testimony to the strength of character that is this alliance

I was in NoR and learned a lot there, I have moved on. Yet despite differences, I would not be honest with myself if I did not acknowledge what this alliance has achieved in these three years. In what must be said, was against all odds

So despite the differences I raise my Stein, and wish you the best. Prost, ehemaligen Kameraden.

[/quote]

Are you really saying that every alliance tolerates or even welcomes racists, white supremacists etc and permits hate speech? In the case of my own alliance, that would be a ridiculous libel. I suspect many other alliances would find the accusation - a serious one - equally offensive. Are you being deliberately provocative or simply not thinking about what you say before you say it?

[quote name='Striderwanabe' timestamp='1337193166' post='2968158']
Just like Communist society. No class. :awesome:
[/quote]

What's worse? Being Kaiser and running away in the middle of a war or pointing out inconsistencies?

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1337207106' post='2968231']
Are you really saying that every alliance tolerates or even welcomes racists, white supremacists etc and permits hate speech? In the case of my own alliance, that would be a ridiculous libel. I suspect many other alliances would find the accusation - a serious one - equally offensive. Are you being deliberately provocative or simply not thinking about what you say before you say it?
[/quote]

The answer to the last question is no. And I would be happy to discuss the rest of it with you in the appropriate forum, if you wish, or take it to PMs, but I cannot in good conscience junk up this thread anymore discussing questions that dont belong in their announcement thread, or even in this forum.

Now would someone PLEASE pass me some mead? All this talking parches the throat...

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1337219125' post='2968314']
The only Finns I know well enough are Decker and Finnish Commie. They're good. I guess Lord Gobb too.
[/quote]

Be thankful. I still scrub with a solution of bleach and chlorine in an attempt to scrub away the stink of being in the same alliance as a certain couple.

[quote name='Redneck' timestamp='1337193195' post='2968159']
I never had any issue with you or bass. Hell ive been friends with bass for years, and tbh since you guys left there is no more arguing, no more name calling, no more petty drama within the alliance anymore.I have no idea what cancer you speak about because there is none left within the alliance. We are all working together, doing our tech deals, shooting the breeze with our allies. Things couldn't be smoother actually. So thanks for trying to cast us in a bad light, and to everyone who instantly believes him just because he was a former member: lol. thats like me joining your alliance and leaving then saying "omg they suck, big jerkheads, i hate them" and everyone agreeing with me just cuz i was a former member.Find yourselves another bandwagon, this one is full already........
[/quote]

The fact that none of that is happening makes perfect sense Redneck. Take a hard look at all that left and the positions they held and you can pretty much figure out that we were the ones who had the balls to actually stand up to a certain group of individuals and their constant idiocy. Fact remains is that we were not the ones who created the daily drama, sure there were many times we should have just let stuff go but after two plus years of that crap it gets hard to do. I would be more concerned for your alliance if the so called petty drama didn't come to a end for the exact reasons I stated. The cancer is alive and well in Nordreich Redneck it's just the people left are either steadfast supporters of their idiocy or too clueless to put two and two together. As for shooting the breeze with your allies that can certainly be a topic of debate from what I hear about communication with your allies but there is really no need to go into that. I am not here to rain on your parade, I actually congratulated you with my first post and I honestly meant it but I had to chime in on your response.

Once again congrats on your milestone