A Treaty You Can't Refuse

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1336265353' post='2964225']
Now NG just needs to sign a treaty with GOD, then they'll be just one treaty chain away from just about everyone.
[/quote]

Post would make more sense if you had said RnR.

4/10

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1336267608' post='2964251']
Post would make more sense if you had said RnR.

4/10
[/quote]
Post would make more sense if you were talking about a really existing alliance instead of this "RnR". Everyone knows "&" > "n".

4/10

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1336209642' post='2963900']
Im not sure if anyone filled you in, but Your not really allied to them. Sure it is an optional treaty, but every treaty is optional for Pacifica :D
[/quote]
Nah, dude, no one tells me jack squat. Speak, my child, and enlighten me.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1336295607' post='2964416']
This treaty is unfortunate. But given circumstances, I can live with it.
[/quote]

Good to see an honest opinion, though I think people are expecting a lot out of things like this. Keep up the good work. No, seriously, get back to posting.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336296059' post='2964417']
Good to see an honest opinion, though I think people are expecting a lot out of things like this. Keep up the good work. No, seriously, get back to posting.
[/quote]

Hey man, some of us are actually starting to like HoT. Don't ruin that. :mad:

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1336296444' post='2964418']
Hey man, some of us are actually starting to like HoT. Don't ruin that. :mad:
[/quote]

Friendship when convenient mirite

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336296059' post='2964417']
[/quote]
I think with this treaty what comes to mind is, would you sign a treaty with the devil if it meant more power? With both NG and NPO, I don't think it is a big surprise they would say yes to that.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336356687' post='2964638']
In some cases, maybe. In others, no, especially when there's no real return guaranteed and the devil is liable to get in trouble.
[/quote]
Of course making a deal with the devil can only mean bad things, but in the short term it might seem like a good idea.

Yes, I'm arguing the short term appeal isn't even really there since as I said before, this doesn't really change anything significantly.

[quote name='Nikita Ilyich Lenin' timestamp='1336200404' post='2963843']
I'll be the first to say that over at NG, we pretty much expect our comeuppance to happen soon. We deserve it, and we're not even a year old yet! It'll be NG with the odds stacked against us way before it will be NPO again, and we fully expect our allies in NPO to back us up whenever it goes down. Mark my words, they can expect the same from us.
[/quote]

Also this.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336357141' post='2964644']
Yes, I'm arguing the short term appeal isn't even really there since as I said before, this doesn't really change anything significantly.
[/quote]
For them to sign this, they must of seen some short term benefit. Maybe NPO felt they would be better situated to prevent getting rolled in the future and NG felt it would expand upon how many allies they have to make sure they can always be on the winning side in any war.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1336357581' post='2964648']
For them to sign this, they must of seen some short term benefit. Maybe NPO felt they would be better situated to prevent getting rolled in the future and NG felt it would expand upon how many allies they have to make sure they can always be on the winning side in any war.
[/quote]

Perceived short-term benefit =/= actual short-term benefit.

I am not worried about getting rolled in the future, in fact there is no fear in the NPO of getting rolled. Been there done that, still kicking. That wont change. War, winning and losing is part of the world we live in. What I do know about this and what I have shared is the relations between NG and NPO have been in the works for almost a year. The treaty is here because of those relationships, an overall philosophical unity and a trust we will be there for one other. Mutual benefit without this silly fear that is plaguing this world about rolling or being rolled. War comes for us all and I like the ability to choose who I stand with. When I look at ALL of my allies, I know they will be there for me and I will be there for them.

Edited by Brehon

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1336357008' post='2964641']
Of course making a deal with the devil can only mean bad things, but in the short term it might seem like a good idea.
[/quote]

Depends who your devils are. And what you consider bad things to be. And what you consider a good idea to be. Other than that you are incredibly on the vein and not entirely vaporous.

This is a treaty between two alliances that like each other, and have delicious forum/IRC nonsense together. If we were snuggling up any CN 'devils' you'd think we'd be rocking around the Pandora's Box still. And I mean that purely for its sinful connotations.

SR.