Announcement from Pandora's Box

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1334380486' post='2952843']
So now that we've listened to you guys beat your chests for a month are we going to have to sit through a month of you guys making excuses?
[/quote]

Yes. The reasoning for this course of action is sound. Deal with it.

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was kinda worried when we stood for not getting pushed around, and being the piggy bank for every stronger alliance in CN. As this war started we were told of the FAMOUS goons meat grinder for nations under 10-15k, and again fear set in. As we entered this funhouse of a war, we looked all over for the meatgrinder, we only found a tickle machine. I don't know maybe fighting back broke some teeth in the grinder, as it appears the grinder only works, when more than the original 220 nation attack 20, and the added 20 in Kaskus caused it to short out. Now we are feeling the electrified funhouse, kinda shocking that aid to a friend with a new nation could cause all this. We need a ground fault breaker, or somebody might get killed, and I don't want to die!

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334370849' post='2952712']
That's how Dr.Beefstupid advertised Beefspari when he recruited her. Are you calling Dr. Beefstupid a liar?
[/quote]

Check your privilege

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1334378056' post='2952820']
[size="4"][b]A Public Letter to the Viridian Entente[/b][/size]

Dear Impero, [i]Lord of the Entente[/i]; Goldie, [i]Duke of the Entente[/i]; Shadow, [i]Secretary of Defense[/i]; Ging, [i]Secretary of the Interior[/i]; Deviousfarie, [i]Secretary of State[/i]; Asawyer, [i]Secretary of Economics[/i]; and the members of the Viridian Entente,

First of all, I hope you know that I respect and commend your decision to enter this war to help your allies in GOONS. That is what an ally do, to offer assistance to their friends who are in dire needs of help.

I understand that this decision was not easy for you to make and you must have given it a deep considerations before you come to this decision. The Viridian Entente has always been known as an alliance who adhere to the code of fair play and gentleman honor.

We at Kaskus and Mongols also agree with you that this war should have ended a month ago. Believe me, we wanted it to end more than anyone. After all, WE are the micros, not them. I am not so sure what you at the Viridian Entente really feels about this, but it just feel so wrong to let them get rewarded for bullying us. It is not stubborn on our part that drag this war longer than it should. And it sure isn't hate. In this war, we have met a lot of very cool GOONS members we know we can easily be friend with. It simply the conscience that make us stay, that urge us to keep doing the right thing. I am sure we should not throw our conscience away.

I wish we both can find a quick resolution to the conflict. I am sure you understand where we come from and can sympathize with us. We both know very well that punishing us with the reps term you know we don't deserve is not the only way to end this war. Asking your good ally in GOONS to come into their sense and to have a bigger heart may help us ended this conflict sooner.
[b]
If you were not allied to GOONS, I can say for sure whose side you will be in this conflict. I have zero doubt about that.[/b] You do what you have to do. And it is bad luck on our part to find ourselves in the conflict against you.

respectfully,
Tan of Kaskus
a.k.a. TAN[K]
[/quote]
Don't profess to know about VE when you clearly don't.

Ugh, curbstomp.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1334291771' post='2951851']
Kaskus continued the war because they thought they were having an effect, and maybe in some respects they were. This approach is meant to reinforce the notion that they cannot, as a matter of numbers and fact, possibly have any further effect. They cannot meet any more goals, or achieve any more 'victories'. Because this world we live in revolves entirely around numbers, being a 'warrior' or 'fighting hard' no longer matters whatsoever, and any reliance on spirit and resolve are hereafter moot. They can take a reasonable peace settlement amount, or, after we dampen any further means to actually cause damage, be used as academy training until they come to their senses. Those are their only options.
[/quote]

Their effect was not in the sense of doing stat damage, but PR damage. I thought this was a little deluded, since nobody really cares that much about how much a losing party cries over a war. MONGOLS/Kaskus would never have won that war. They would have done damage, but they'd take far more damage in return. No victory there, and they would've stopped the war for white peace.

But now, you've given them solid assurance that they have in fact, had an impact. If PB had curbstomped on MONGOLS/Kaskus earlier on when the war started, this would be arguable. But it's not, it's proven that Kaskus is actually having a real impact.

Umbrella going in is understandable and respectable, to deal with the upper tier mercenaries coming in to take shots at GOONS.

GOONS could have ended the war with white peace. Sure, we'd hear about some idiots trying to twist it into a victory, but nobody listens to them. Any PR GOONS might have lost for ending a war on white peace is lost further when you bring in a whole bloc to enforce that a losing alliance pay reparations. Now, this would still be understandable if there was a good reason for GOONS to start this war, but everyone knows that it started over a tech raid victim fighting back.

"Tactical defeat, strategic victory" is an overused term in Digiterra. But here, it applies perfectly well. Stats do not have all the impact on Digiterra. History and actions does too, and people will remember this for a few years to come.

You don't accomplish anything here. GOONS doesn't even save face. PB doesn't look good for curbstomping. All you get is maybe disbanding Kaskus/MONGOLS after this. But they can rest happy knowing that they were winning a war against some of the biggest alliances on Planet Bob.

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1334384046' post='2952872']
[/quote]

Trust me. I know or at least I believe I know.

Also I notice that you are a new member of the alliance.

Edited by suryanto tan

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1334384046' post='2952872']
[/quote]

I completely agree with you.

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1334378056' post='2952820']
The Viridian Entente has always been known as an alliance who adhere to the code of fair play and gentleman honor.
[/quote]

:lol1:

[quote name='Courland' timestamp='1334373714' post='2952751']
I got the impression Beefspari was a woman ruler of her nation when members of your alliance said s/he had no penis and that "you're right, she is a women," in the Bitburg Mercy debacle...not to mention the chatlog s/he posted referencing her beautiful visage and penchant for buggery.

I may have been missing some sarcasm of my own, of course.
[/quote]
Check your mercy thread, then have a look at 'spari's title, just underneath her name. You'll find the answer you're looking for there.

GOONS isn't the coolest kid on the bloc anymore. Getting beaten up by a girl (after an aggressive attack) and now calling in the big brother for help.

The smart way out would have been a white peace agreement two weeks after the war. But you were too stubborn for it. Also, let's face it: Methrage raises some good points and all you can do is saying that he's an idiot. Very convincing.

[quote name='NoMercy' timestamp='1334387366' post='2952902']
GOONS isn't the coolest kid on the bloc anymore. Getting beaten up by a girl (after an aggressive attack) and now calling in the big brother for help.

The smart way out would have been a white peace agreement two weeks after the war. But you were too stubborn for it. Also, let's face it: Methrage raises some good points and all you can do is saying that he's an idiot. Very convincing.
[/quote]
Just ... no. GOONS shouldn't lower their standards for Kaskus. GOONS has policies in place that have lasted the test of time, the test of being outnumbered. They lasted against all of NPO's allies, and they will last through Kaskus and MONGOLS here.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1334388801' post='2952934']
Just ... no. GOONS shouldn't lower their standards for Kaskus. GOONS has policies in place that have lasted the test of time, the test of being outnumbered. They lasted against all of NPO's allies, and they will last through Kaskus and MONGOLS here.
[/quote]

From being outnumbered? :facepalm:

GOONS has policies in place that have lasted the test of time, the test of being outnumbered.
[/quote]

Ah. So you're telling me we have you surrounded. Since you are in such an untenable position, I'll send you our onerous peace terms:

1)Stop hitting us.
2)Peace.

Seriously though, I can't wait to come back in two years and see the following...

[quote name='Caliph2014bot' timestamp='1334388801' post='2952934']
Just ... no. GOONS shouldn't lower their standards for Future Tiny Alliance. GOONS has policies in place that have lasted the test of time, the test of being outnumbered, the test of facing a woefully unprepared and much smaller foe who just wanted peace. They lasted against all of NPO's allies, and they will last through Future Tiny Alliance and Weak Sauce here.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, your ego is dangerous.

OOC: Then again it's cool for the game, so carry on.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1334395927' post='2953038']
Skilled? they limp from disaster to disaster. Their leaders are crap.
[/quote]
Even if you accept that as true, they are still an integral part of two blocs who make up the core of the current power structure.

Edited by WorldConqueror

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1334395927' post='2953038']
Skilled? they limp from disaster to disaster. Their leaders are crap.
[/quote]

Actually, I have utmost respect for their leaders. It's their membership that is crap.

That being said, Sardonic kind of stepped in it here. Too bad his [s]pride[/s] innate GOONS evilness won't allow him to quit.

[quote name='Courland' timestamp='1334396508' post='2953049']
Actually, I have utmost respect for their leaders. It's their membership that is crap.
[/quote]
Well that's just mean. After i broke one of your nations 3 million casualty cherry too. We were happy.
Now, i just don't know anymore.

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1334397033' post='2953053']
Well that's just mean. After i broke one of your nations 3 million casualty cherry too. We were happy.
Now, i just don't know anymore.
[/quote]

I take it back. Both GOONS leaders AND membership is crap. :smug:

Goons has officially dropped below 2 million NS. Good show everyone. Good show.

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/aZaaAKGwMZj76fIbVjV2Ms1PQxPEXl1ligopQB5A3oB7na2yA745C8n740-n5bQytjM1aTxF2XOPTLoZpLK6TLEjiG14v9ne/clapping.gif[/img]