Vox v. GOONS et all

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1333948314' post='2950248']
do you dare defy the 6 year vet in anarchia ? His seniority shall over power all of us
[/quote]

Well seeing as he knows about Tetris who is apparently lead by "SRS Sardonic" and has black allegiances, he clearly knows a lot about this planet!

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1333954753' post='2950296']
I always hope a new Vox will rise, with intelligent, credible people under a just cause. They would have my blessing. Guess this isn't it.
[/quote]
That'd be nice, but intelligent, credible people are quite rare these days as there's more going out than coming in.

I'm no big fan of GOONS, but I'm less of a fan of stupid, though the two aren't always mutually exclusive. I mean if you're going to do something like this, at least copy someone who did it much better than you. That's how I learned the ropes, I read a lot and copied styles with my own spin.

Gentle Persons[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=49936"][color="#4e6a97"]
[/url][url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=49936"][color="#4e6a97"][/color][/url]
[/color]NOBODY expects the Anarchia Inquisition! Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

Please stop, go away for a few months and come back when you have a few people and the cash to actually do some damage.

This is just making you less and less efficient, it's probably counter-productive, it's negative efficiency, it's just.. a shame.

-_-

[quote name='Manis B' timestamp='1333993611' post='2950410']
A member from years gone by uses war tactics from years gone by. SUPER.

Watch your aid chains, GOONS
[/quote]

Hey I need a middle man for my tech deal. You down?

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1333996128' post='2950418']
Another one? With how popular one man AAs are becoming, at least band together and be 4-5 man AAs going eternally rogue!
[/quote]

Totally agree these people are idiots and depend to much on emotion. As a ruler of a nation you must not let your emotions get in the way. You must use your brain and slowly out smart you opposition. People are dumb.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1333911182' post='2950048']
[center][IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/TWiP/orly_icon.jpg[/IMG][/center]

Good evening, I'm your host Schattenmann, and this is This Week.

Tonight's top story: No.
[/quote]
[img]http://gifs.gifbin.com/reverse-1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif[/img]

I laughed.

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1334038598' post='2950632']
[img]http://gifs.gifbin.com/reverse-1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif[/img]

I laughed.
[/quote]

Shcatt wins the thread.

Also, OP, if you want to start a resistance movement, you can't piggyback on an older one. They're all in context to the larger conflict. Just as every new hegemony must create their own identity, so must their adversaries start from the ground up.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1334041433' post='2950640']
Shcatt wins the thread.

Also, OP, if you want to start a resistance movement, you can't piggyback on an older one. They're all in context to the larger conflict. Just as every new hegemony must create their own identity, so must their adversaries start from the ground up.
[/quote]
Not necessarily. Vox Populi was not merely an enemy of the NPO's hegemony, but any hegemony in general. Were a new threat to arise, Vox as a tool could be used again. As I said, it would require our blessing, but I'm sure we would approve were it needed.

Now, is GOONS bad enough to warrant a new Vox? That's a definite no.

The problem with the Vox parody is that the people that are now leading the Hegemony are the same ones that lead the charge in that conflict. If you really want to turn this into a movement that can gain momentum, look for another theme of rebellion. I'd suggest the Hunger Games (I don't know how that ends), Les Miserables, or any other distopian calling card, and then work your movement into that. Using Vox simply shows that the current regime has control your way of thinking.

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1334266221' post='2951604']
The problem with the Vox parody is that the people that are now leading the Hegemony are the same ones that lead the charge in that conflict. If you really want to turn this into a movement that can gain momentum, look for another theme of rebellion. I'd suggest the Hunger Games (I don't know how that ends), Les Miserables, or any other distopian calling card, and then work your movement into that. Using Vox simply shows that the current regime has control your way of thinking.
[/quote]
Not quite. While the current hegemony leaders were members of Karma, they were the same people who sat on the sidelines hiding with the enemy to stay alive, rather than actively opposing. They moved only once it was safe. Now, it was a smart move, I don't blame them. However the revolutionaries of Vox are certainly not affiliated with the current leadership at all, from what I've seen. Our name should not be affiliated with MK and co. We were only affiliated with FAN, of any large alliances.

Any popular and effective resistance-type thing is especially adapted to the circumstances surrounding it. Vox Populi grew in an NPO-dominated CN that would be characteristically different than any hegemony that might arise today. Even today's NPO is different enough that it wouldn't be appropriate. So no you can't really dust off Vox Populi and expect people to take it seriously, given everything that has changed.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1334282027' post='2951726']
Any popular and effective resistance-type thing is especially adapted to the circumstances surrounding it. Vox Populi grew in an NPO-dominated CN that would be characteristically different than any hegemony that might arise today. Even today's NPO is different enough that it wouldn't be appropriate. So no you can't really dust off Vox Populi and expect people to take it seriously, given everything that has changed.
[/quote]
It's harder to start a new alliance from scratch than resurrect one. Something Vox had going for it was that it had an enemy worth fighting, that many despised. The world does not really have that anymore. If there were to be a new revolutionary front, I couldn't even see them convincing anyone to join without a name brand. I dunno, but somebody needs to start playing the bad guy. Or GOONS needs to piss off more people than tiny alliances.

Resurrecting a dead alliance is counterproductive. GOONS struggled with the stigma for a long time, new \m/ never truly got over it, and a new Vox would suffer doubly because the implications of the name would lead most people to believe the founder is just trying to get cheap points by invoking the name. Sure its not easy but if fighting hegemonic powers was easy, then they wouldn't exist in the first place.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1334281706' post='2951723']
Not quite. While the current hegemony leaders were members of Karma, they were the same people who sat on the sidelines hiding with the enemy to stay alive, rather than actively opposing. They moved only once it was safe. Now, it was a smart move, I don't blame them. However the revolutionaries of Vox are certainly not affiliated with the current leadership at all, from what I've seen. Our name should not be affiliated with MK and co. We were only affiliated with FAN, of any large alliances.
[/quote]

I won't disagree, I'm sorry for my over generalization, but the point remains they should come up with their own calling card.