A Brief Announcement from Umbrella

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1332905325' post='2944032']
Foam? It's you guys trying to put words in my mouth. I was trying to be nice by not saying you guys look ridiculous DoWing a micro.
[/quote]
A pair of micros with a total pre-war strength in excess of 1.2 mil and a decent upper and middle tier, yeah, completely ridiculous :rolleyes:

Edit: As mentioned above, we have no nations in range to counter the 100k NS ex-NEW nation Umbrella are helping us with. I don't see how asking for help from our allies in this sort of situation is at all ridiculous.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1332905326' post='2944033']
MONGOLS has said no to 18m. There's really no lower we can go on reps than that. That can literally be accomplished by a single nation in one round of aid. That's less than 1m per nation MONGOLS has. We're not the ones being unreasonable/irrational.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL7.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
I would just like to point out that there are 18,000,000 whole numbers lower than 18m. So there [i]really[/i] are many places lower on reps you can go.

Or are GOONs going to be like Sparta and moan over a wiki entry?

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1332905353' post='2944034']
the reps are less than gantanx's warchest, what are you guys even talking about?
[/quote]

You have to consider our ability to rebuild back up. If paying you make us forever stay poor and cannot develop, why should we continue the war. That way, while we are poor at least we get some target to shoot at.

Also, as I said, you should also consider the attractiveness of the reps offer to the alternative scenario. If you truly and sincerely want to reach peace, we can negotiate and find an amount we can both agree on. Of course you can asked for hundred of millions, but if it is too much for us, we will reject it. I hope we can discuss in good faith and try to see from others perspective. You started this war by declaring an offensive war on our allies at Mongols. That much is a fact. We understand that the winner always has the right to ask reps. Otherwise, you know it is you that should have paid us reps, for attacking Mongols.

[quote name='jeff123' timestamp='1332905539' post='2944039']
I'm trying my best to use some english word here (in my country english is a non used language) so if you all feel offensed by my creativity in creating whatever sentence I like. Thats ur problem dude :P

Kaskus is a 19 nation member alliance, its a small range nation, n goons can't handle them with more than 100+ nation that currently stay in sanction alliances ??
N now they are cried to umbrella, begging "please help us ....."

anyway, enjoy the show .... There will be fireworks (beside what can we expect from 19 nations, it just some small fireworks)....
[/quote]
The nation in question is 100k NS. That's not exactly small range.

[quote name='jeff123' timestamp='1332905539' post='2944039']
I'm trying my best to use some english word here (in my country english is a non used language) so if you all feel offensed by my creativity in creating whatever sentence I like. Thats ur problem dude :P

Kaskus is a 19 nation member alliance, its a small range nation, n goons can't handle them with more than 100+ nation that currently stay in sanction alliances ??
N now they are cried to umbrella, begging "please help us ....."

anyway, enjoy the show .... There will be fireworks (beside what can we expect from 19 nations, it just some small fireworks)....
[/quote]

doesn't mean anything that it was 200 vs 20 if your 20 are bigger than our top 20. and it looks like maybe you dipped a little too deeply in the NEW pool this time.

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1332905886' post='2944050']
You have to consider our ability to rebuild back up. If paying you make us forever stay poor and cannot develop, why should we continue the war. That way, while we are poor at least we get some target to shoot at.

Also, as I said, you should also consider the attractiveness of the reps offer to the alternative scenario. If you truly and sincerely want to reach peace, we can negotiate and find an amount we can both agree on. Of course you can asked for hundred of millions, but if it is too much for us, we will reject it. I hope we can discuss in good faith and try to see from others perspective. You started this war by declaring an offensive war on our allies at Mongols. That much is a fact. We understand that the winner always has the right to ask reps. Otherwise, you know it is you that should have paid us reps, for attacking Mongols.
[/quote]

the problem here is that neither of us really care about the amount of damage being done, i think.

but you went into this conflict knowing the cost of losing, and that you would lose, and and here at the end (at least i hope we're getting near the end) it's the same old story. if the figure is $252 mil (i don't know if that's legit) there are twenty of you. i've seen your warchests. pay the $12 mil per person or whatever it comes out to, and call it a day.

you shouldn't have attacked us, and the MONGOLS shouldn't have provoked us.

For the record I will still deal directly with sardonic, if someone from umbrella would like to enter peace talks, feel free to query me..

As for those saying we arent entering peace talks, we are awaiting a counter offer from GOONS for the last 3 days.

As for those sarcastically saying that umbrella is "evil" for defending their allies, i remind you that Kaskus only entered this war defending our ally.

I also would like to urge kaskus members to not speak of things they dont know the details about. But feel free to !@#$ talk, its the only entertaining thing left :)

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1332906089' post='2944055']
So when is NEW gonna nut up and declare war themselves instead of ghosting Kaskus? I thought you were all tough as !@#$ warriors with no regard for politics...
[/quote]

well since it seems that 1 Kaskus nation equals one alliance, where will you find another 119 alliances?

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1332905870' post='2944049']
I would just like to point out that there are 18,000,000 whole numbers lower than 18m. So there [i]really[/i] are many places lower on reps you can go.

Or are GOONs going to be like Sparta and moan over a wiki entry?
[/quote]

Yep that is exactly it. It's totally not about receiving just compensation or upholding longstanding policy.

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1332905120' post='2944028']
We will make a counter offer though I am not sure if it will be well received at this point of the war.

I think we can both agree that the reparation amount should not only consider the amount of damage inflicted by the losing party.
It also has to consider the ability of the losing party to pay.
If paying reps means putting our alliance in 0 infra forever, well, might as well continue the fight.

At any point, when we consider the reparation, we compare its attractiveness to the alternative scenario, i.e. continuing the war.
If paying reps is more expensive than continue fighting the war, why would we even consider paying that?

I read your wording, you seem like a fair man, which is why I reply to you.

Welcome to the battle. And thank you for not attacking those in our AA who do not involve in active war with GOONS.
[/quote]
It should be noted that Umbrella is not pushing for any specific amount of reps, only that some terms be reached. I am willing to be a mediator between the two parties if it's necessary, but I don't think it should be.

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1332906089' post='2944055']
So when is NEW gonna nut up and declare war themselves instead of ghosting Kaskus? I thought you were all tough as !@#$ warriors with no regard for politics...
[/quote]
~So when is MK gonna nut up and declare war themselves instead of ghosting GOONS? I thought you were all tough as !@#$ warriors with no regard for politics...~

I especially liked the part of this post where it was written by a guy that has been ghosting GOONS for 20 days because Umbrella hadn't declared war.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1332906261' post='2944060']
well since it seems that 1 Kaskus nation equals one alliance, where will you find another 119 alliances?
[/quote]

What? No seriously. I have no idea what you are trying to imply.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1332906237' post='2944058']
but you went into this conflict knowing the cost of losing, and that you would lose, and and here at the end (at least i hope we're getting near the end) it's the same old story. if the figure is $252 mil (i don't know if that's legit) there are twenty of you. i've seen your warchests. pay the $12 mil per person or whatever it comes out to, and call it a day.
[/quote]

If you guys accepted the 252mill instead of stonewalling, saying you were working on a counter offer for the last 3+ days we wouldnt be in this position. But who cares, as the posts show, kaskus is happy with the developement of more war.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332906582' post='2944067']
I knew from day one GOONS would eventually seek help this war, as its been clear they can't win this on their own with how high reps they are trying to extort from Kaskus. They need their allies to help extract the reps.
[/quote]

This is exactly what i thought would happen to.

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1332906542' post='2944066']
What? No seriously. I have no idea what you are trying to imply.
[/quote]

So how long has Umbrella been planning this then? if 1 100k nation makes the attack us, do we need a 60k nation to get MK to declare to?

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1332906410' post='2944063']
An abritrator would make more sense: one that actually sets the terms.
[/quote]
You are right, and I am willing to do such a thing if it's asked or deemed necessary, but to be honest I don't think this particular war is a big enough deal that both alliances can't just be big boys and work it out on their own.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1332906681' post='2944069']
If you guys accepted the 252mill instead of stonewalling, saying you were working on a counter offer for the last 3+ days we wouldnt be in this position. But who cares, as the posts show, kaskus is happy with the developement of more war.
[/quote]

Since we were close to thinking of Yes, then rejected 2 hours later. :awesome:

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1332906681' post='2944069']
[/quote]

the posts show your members don't think they have enough money to pay the electric bill.