"Arrogant" GATO completes elections

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330914987' post='2933588']
I'm kind of walking on a tight rope here for a reason, but the number of treaties C&G has to DH and PB outweigh the one treaty you have to SF/XX. Logic.
[/quote]

But you assume that if R&R was truly in need of our help that the rest of CnG would not back us, which I am 100% sure that they would.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scenarios can be manipulated to avoid something like that entirely, so it is an immaterial hypothetical you pose.

The true test would be if R&R declared on MK or something like that and you were asked to oA.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330915487' post='2933599']
The true test would be if R&R declared on MK or something like that and you were asked to oA.
[/quote]

This indeed would put us between a rock and a hard place. However, we would do whatever it takes to defend our allies as we always have. No matter what, or who they may be. That's all I'm gonna say on the matter.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1330910279' post='2933518']
There's still a lot of context missing and to be honest, I think posting from a private embassy is pretty poor etiquette, particularly when I cannot even access it anymore. In terms of debating a matter, it's a lot like boxing with a one armed man.
[/quote]
Someone from GATO requested you all be demasked, and the embassy closed. You can have masks and forums back if you wish. The forums were never discarded.

To address your reply, I don't think there's much to take out of context. GATO's performance in Sparta embassy looks much like GATO's performance in this thread. But yeah, poor etiquette.

Edited by Enamel32

Excellent. Another derailed thread.

GATO has quite a lovely line-up. Congress looks really good this term.

In other news:
Sparta still hates GATO.
Gibs has a hard-on for most of GATO.
Omni is just doing his thing, which I'm never sure what it is.
Roq is still dressed up as a Marty along with his prophet routine. However, he realized how bad off Sparta was and left as quick as he came even though he rose to Higher Gov near instantly.

I didn't leave Sparta. Details are in omni's blog. Putting me in higher gov after 20 days or so was a smart move. I did a lot during my time there.

I believe the currently elected government to be a tertiary set of flunkies of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Here is the chain of command:

MK >----> Umbrella >= GOONS--> NG >--- ODN/TLR--->GATO

1337 guy even gave you a pat on the back. Maybe you can join the ODN/TLR segment if you treaty them.

I know magicninja is fine with people that made fun of him for his RL appearance, but I don't take things like that lying down.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330915487' post='2933599']
The scenarios can be manipulated to avoid something like that entirely, so it is an immaterial hypothetical you pose.

[/quote]

Due to the unwritten gentlemans agreement between C&G members that we would.never hit each ofhers direct allies, such a request would be refused since two members are allied to MK.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330926027' post='2933721']
I am not a prophet, because the nominalization of the Mushroom Kingdom won't happen if people don't do anything out of either fear or cronyism.
[/quote]

Is there someone posting that no one else can see?

It was an additional reply to TimLee; sorry for not being clear about it, but you just needed to read the thread. Generally if someone says someone is casting themselves as martyr and prophet a response to that will usually include the word "prophet." I hope you weren't just being obtuse ala zoom. TimLee's post is even on this page.

Not only am I a better scholar and I am a better Silent, too. :P

Jgoods: such an agreement is constraining.

I'll post it as a different scenario: Say all of FOK's members broke their fingers in the last war and R&R requested help from Int, what would happen?

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1330914918' post='2933586']
And how do you know this?
[/quote]

Past precedent I am assuming. Treaties with CnG signatories ain't worth the pixels they are signed on if these treaties conflict somehow.

Edited by Charles Stuart

Pretty much. The majority of C&G's treaties will dictate where they go, so if your set doesn't mesh, it's just not going to work out. I've benefitted from it before, but at a certain point, it's your own fault if you stay in a bloc knowing this will happen unless you have no issues with it.

So even if GATO isn't treatied to DH, it's still where they're going to go. Laslo and Lanore can dance around it as much as possible, but the electorate should be aware.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote]: Say all of FOK's members broke their fingers in the last war and R&R requested help from Int, what would happen? [/quote]

They would have gotten it. R&R is one of our oldest and best allies, and I think I can safely speak for all of INT when I say that we would go to hell and back for them.

C&G always rolls together since we are an MDAP bloc, no doubt. C&G is always going to be a very high priority for us. However, to say that "treaties with C&G alliances aren't worth their pixels" just simply isn't true for us, and I'm pretty sure it isn't for the rest of C&G as well. If R&R, NEW, LSF, or any of our other non-C&G comrades were in trouble and really needed our help, there isn't a doubt in my mind that they would receive it.

You can believe it or not believe it, it doesn't really matter. We know where we stand, and if such a situation ever arises, so will everyone else I suppose.

The thing is, events can be manipulated by pre-war bloc policy and avoiding scenarios like that. ie. not countering those alliances or making sure their treaties aren't triggered before you get in.

R&R and the International have a VERY solid relationship. We talk a lot about the current situation, we understand their commitment to their allies in CnG, and they do the same about us and ours. Priorities are !@#$%*es, and we cannot be blood brothers as we used to be.
Nevertheless, when they tell us they will have our back when !@#$ hits the fan, we have NO REASON not to believe them.
Years of friendship have proven that already.

So, don't make guesses about R&R-Int relationship, because there are none to be made.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330923997' post='2933703']
I didn't leave Sparta. Details are in omni's blog. Putting me in higher gov after 20 days or so was a smart move. I did a lot during my time there.

I believe the currently elected government to be a tertiary set of flunkies of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Here is the chain of command:

MK >----> Umbrella >= GOONS--> NG >--- ODN/TLR--->GATO

1337 guy even gave you a pat on the back. Maybe you can join the ODN/TLR segment if you treaty them.

I know magicninja is fine with people that made fun of him for his RL appearance, but I don't take things like that lying down.
[/quote]

Conversely, coming back to a point made a while ago, I've actually spoken to 1337guy about how GATO is run, what it wants, and how it actually behaves. I'd hope it helped him to understand why we're like we are, and what I get up to. Whereas as far as I know, you've not bothered to have a single conversation about that with us. Yet you're the one who's dropping post after post about us, when as far as I know what you actually know or have attempted to address is next to nothing.

It's no wonder you're being treated like a leper.

Edited by Laslo Kenez

Would you actually be interested in that? I don't like talking to brick walls. Kind of the reason I don't bother with ODN because as long as OsRavan's in charge, nothing will happen.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330942177' post='2933823']
Great, but that doesn't answer anything I actually said. +1 on being diplomatic, though.
[/quote]

What do you want me to tell you, if not the truth? What did I exactly gain by being "diplomatic"?

I have no need to suck up to Trotsky and tell him how much we love them, and how good allies they are. I'm not that petty, and luckily we have an outspoken enough relationship to be able to question each other's decisions when we feel it's right to do so.

Do I wish the International was not on the other side of the web? Yes. With no doubt, particularly since C&G decided to be followers only.
Will we drop the treaty with them for this reason? No. With no doubt, because they mean a lot to us.

Matters could develop in a way that would put us or them in a bad position to intervene. Only time will see what will happen, and if we will be able to cover each other's ass in an effective way once again.

EDIT: added quote

Edited by Garion

That's cool and all. Don't get too defensive; you're not in the firing range. R&R was just an example. If Int was treatied to Sparta, I'd have used them.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330943000' post='2933827']
Would you actually be interested in that? I don't like talking to brick walls. Kind of the reason I don't bother with ODN because as long as OsRavan's in charge, nothing will happen.
[/quote]

I suspect you'd end up frustrated, but the chat about arrogance is pretty ridiculous and I'm happy to dispell that one.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330943220' post='2933829']
That's cool and all. Don't get too defensive; you're not in the firing range. R&R was just an example. If Int was treatied to Sparta, I'd have used them.
[/quote]

Yeah, you're probably right. It's just annoying to see people making ignorant guesses at relationships they don't know anything about. I guess it's the usual thing, though :)

EDIT: with this, back on topic, and sorry for stealing even a bit of attention from it.

Edited by Garion