"Arrogant" GATO completes elections

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330943000' post='2933827']
Would you actually be interested in that? I don't like talking to brick walls. Kind of the reason I don't bother with ODN because as long as OsRavan's in charge, nothing will happen.
[/quote]
This post alone shows you know nothing about myself or Laslo, let alone a vast majority of GATO, to think we aren't interested in seriously talking with parties that have grievances, misunderstandings, or complaints about us. Does that mean we will be swayed to your line of thought and admit we've been horrible people and MK lapdogs? No. Does that mean we learn nothing? (or you by extension )? No. You seem to have a very "all or nothing" outlook on things Roq.

Anyways I'm a very sociable person and on irc often. If you want to learn about GATO/our positions on things/our decisions/ect you can hit me up any time you want. GATO facilities are made up of 100% real people, not bricks, promise.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will then, and I'm done posting negatively in this thread unless someone wants to start it up again.

edit: Clarificatory note: I don't really need to sway GATO or anything. In fact, I expect none of the core to defect at all. It's not needed to win. The tanks could roll tomorrow so long as enough people outside of the core are willing to put their stuff on the line. It'd be more for a "EVERYONE'S CANCELLING ON NPO" feel than anything.

I already have all the match-ups planned out at minimal cost to the victors.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1330928297' post='2933736']
[u][b]Due to the unwritten gentlemans agreement between C&G members that we would.never hit each ofhers direct allies[/b][/u], such a request would be refused since two members are allied to MK.
[/quote]

Are you F#@#$ kidding? So GATO attacking MHA when International was allied to R&R and ODN to us was what?

ADDED: ODN attacked MHA as well.

Edited by King Louis the II

Do you really want to know? Jgoods? I've thought about doing all of the target lists and match-ups and posting them, but I don't think anyone will do anything until they're ready. The above poster is an alliance that would make a match for yours, with some others as well.

MK, ODN, NG, TLR, have all been accounted for at minimum. GATO is less concrete, but due to it being less connected, it's easier to plan against.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1330949830' post='2933858']
Are you F#@#$ kidding? So GATO attacking MHA when International was allied to R&R and ODN to us was what?
[/quote]

This does not extend to allies of allies. We will not hit each other's direct allies (meaning any alliance that holds a treaty with a C&G member). MHA did not hold a treaty with any C&G alliance.

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1330949830' post='2933858']
[/quote]
It's not a direct ally. You wonder why we didn't hit you? Or RnR when they slammed into LoSS? (Well there was a bit more behind the second one but still the same principle. )

Then again XX seemed to have no problem hitting our allies, or even preempting them. I don't blame RnR for hitting LoSS, and I don't blame Fark for hitting NPO. It was just business. When business came around to XX however you all seemed to take offense like it was unexpected. For what reason did you think with TLR already on the field that the rest of CnG wouldn't find it's way to XX eventually? RnR and Sparta had no reason to be afraid of CnG but if you expected us to stand by while your blocmates hit our allies you were crazy at least.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330949956' post='2933860']
Do you really want to know? Jgoods? I've thought about doing all of the target lists and match-ups and posting them, but I don't think anyone will do anything until they're ready. The above poster is an alliance that would make a match for yours, with some others as well.

MK, ODN, NG, TLR, have all been accounted for at minimum. GATO is less concrete, but due to it being less connected, it's easier to plan against.
[/quote]
Yes. It would be interesting to see. :>

Yeah, ally of ally doesn't work out in that scheme, so it is a weak argument, KLII. I think the concept isn't conducive in general, but when preempts on MHA happen mostly because people like Johnny are eager to please, then it's a different problem altogether.

For TLR, Jgoods, all of XX(excluding MHA, different plans for them) and SF would do quite nicely. It might even be overkill. Maybe VE? Though, VE would be good somewhere else. :)

Edited by Roquentin

Please... we all know that C&G position was set [u]before[/u] Fark attacked NPO (which by the way was triggered by the Declaration of Support, which in my opinion is basically a hidden DoW).

added: the ally of ally is technically right but it is a fallacy. Lines were drawn before Fark move. To choose an ODP over 2 MDoAP based on the "agression made by Fark" was only an excuse to do something that was planned beforehand.

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1330950462' post='2933866']
Please... we all know that C&G position was set [u]before[/u] Fark attacked NPO (which by the way was triggered by the Declaration of Support, which in my opinion is basically a hidden DoW).
[/quote]
Fark's hit on NPO secured the C&G position on that war. C&G acts as one in all conflicts.

[/quote]
NPO/crew declared support for people they already had treaties with. That would be like GATO saying it supports LoSS/Hooligans/ect. Obvious statement is obvious. It was a political ploy used to rouse, and it did, and Fark chomped at the bit. Fark did a preemptive strike, because NPO pointed out it had treaties and would, you know, burn for their allies if someone hit them. That is something assumed to begin with. Fark may as well have hit NPO for simply holding the treaties.

As for CnG I've done my best to look back on it and talk with people who were gov at the time and the consensus I've gotten is it wasn't planned or even wanted. It became clear once Fark hit NPO but before that it was unknown and GATO was unaware who they were going to roll with until shortly before we DoW'd.

If you have actual evidence stating CnG was planning on hitting XX hard pre Fark dec I'd love to see it.

added: the ally of ally is technically right but it is a fallacy. Lines were drawn before Fark move. To choose an ODP over 2 MDoAP based on the "agression made by Fark" was only an excuse to do something that was planned beforehand.
[/quote]

TLR worked hard for that treaty and had practically been daring people to give them the chance to honor it and the friendship's true worth is now shown as an MDoAP.

Edited by Lanore

NpO and allies on GOONS would be suitable whenever they have the warchests for it. Per chefjoe's request, sponge could post the DoW.

Let's not forget UE.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1330950775' post='2933869']
NPO/crew declared support for people they already had treaties with. That would be like GATO saying it supports LoSS/Hooligans/ect. Obvious statement is obvious. It was a political ploy used to rouse, and it did, and Fark chomped at the bit. Fark did a preemptive strike, because NPO pointed out it had treaties and would, you know, burn for their allies if someone hit them. That is something assumed to begin with. Fark may as well have hit NPO for simply holding the treaties.

As for CnG I've done my best to look back on it and talk with people who were gov at the time and the consensus I've gotten is it wasn't planned or even wanted. It became clear once Fark hit NPO but before that it was unknown and GATO was unaware who they were going to roll with until shortly before we DoW'd.

If you have actual evidence stating CnG was planning on hitting XX hard pre Fark dec I'd love to see it.
[/quote]

oh ok, so if Sparta was the one attacked C&G would have fought basically in the "same side" of SF? I am sorry.... but very, very hard to believe.

by the way, NPO had chains to both sides i.e. STA-TPF. If the DoS did not happen Fark wouldnt have any reason to attack NPO.

As this topic was originally meant to discuss the results of GATO's elections, I will now get back on topic and say congratulations to all the.victors!

And also to that dude from Sparta, TLR would never ignore an attack of that magnitude on any ally regardless of treaty level ever and they will be met with all available force just as we witnessed last war. :)

Edited by Jgoods45

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1330950661' post='2933868']
Fark's hit on NPO secured the C&G position on that war. C&G acts as one in all conflicts.
[/quote]

Maybe one day you guys will prove me wrong. But in my perception all treaties from C&G alliances (with exception of The International) should have a disclaimer: [i]"If alliance "X" found herself fighting a war in the opposite side of MK this treaty is null and void."[/i]

again, future will tell me if I am right or wrong.

added: Ok, I will not derail the thread anymore.

I'm not particularly worried about the end of the world or anything like that. I also find it weird that like, everyone in this thread is suddenly wanting to stop their arguments for being off topic as though that mattered pages ago. Like, did I miss something? Anyways I'm happy to see it get back on topic.

The only surprising election for the new gov is Armen for MoDA. He's new to the position but not the ministry and I'm really excited for him, since that is where I got my high gov start as well.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1330906911' post='2933459']
If only the world were so simple.[/quote]
The complete lack of dialogue and honest communication during the lead up to the war (particularly concerning the critically false information GATO acted on) certainly didn't make it seem like you gave much of a damn.

[quote]What the actual frack does this have to do with anything?
[/quote]
OsRavan is toady.

Any treaty with a C&G alliance may as well be a NAP if it's deemed inconvenient.