a Kaskus Declaration

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1332131393' post='2940104']
We approached them in the same way we approached MONGOLS, with the same type of offer. NEW decided on diplomacy, MONGOLS did not.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL3.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I bet the logs of both conversations would show that the offers and tone were very different.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1332154585' post='2940172']
I bet the logs of both conversations would show that the offers and tone were very different.
[/quote]
They were given by different people, so obviously the tone is different. The aid to MONGOLS also included tech and soldiers so it was obvious and intentional war aid. So yes, the amounts were slightly different. But it was a difference of 2x and 1x. I'm sorry, you can nitpick on details all you want but this war is the result of MONGOLS not cooperating, not GOONs. During the mercy board phase the reps were still an offer. They let that offer expire. This war is a result of multiple instances of incompetence from MONGOLS.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL7.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1332161807' post='2940183']
They were given by different people, so obviously the tone is different. The aid to MONGOLS also included tech and soldiers so it was obvious and intentional war aid. So yes, the amounts were slightly different. But it was a difference of 2x and 1x. I'm sorry, you can nitpick on details all you want but this war is the result of MONGOLS not cooperating, not GOONs. During the mercy board phase the reps were still an offer. They let that offer expire. This war is a result of multiple instances of incompetence from MONGOLS.
[/quote]

If im sure, didnt Wukong send Sigelopisan soldiers to? how is it different then?

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1332163839' post='2940192']
If im sure, didnt Wukong send Sigelopisan soldiers to? how is it different then?
[/quote]
More things were sent after I had already spoken to NEW. So I think Sardonic is dealing with this at the moment.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL12.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1332161807' post='2940183']
[/quote]

I thought it was because Mongols are much more smaller than NEW. And you know that fighting NEW is suicide.
You knew it because you are fighting with 300K NS ex NEW nations. Can you imagine, fighting NEW with almost 5mill NS forces.

This is no joke my friend. And yes, diplomacy is the best solution.

[quote name='sigelopisan' timestamp='1332164162' post='2940194']
diplomacy is the best solution.[/quote]

They just want [b]money[/b], if they don't get it they cry and go to war if alliance is isolated, if not well thats when diplomacy is used and drop the issue with nothing gained or lost well apart from reps. :P

I thought it was because Mongols are much more smaller than NEW. And you know that fighting NEW is suicide.
You knew it because you are fighting with 300K NS ex NEW nations. Can you imagine, fighting NEW with almost 5mill NS forces.

This is no joke my friend. And yes, diplomacy is the best solution.
[/quote]

If NEW truly wanted into this war they would take the in, and activate Doomhouse. Which would end badly for them. NEW leadership knows this war is dumb and doesnt want any part of it.

The oppression by GOONs is a scurge on Planet BoB, in the last 2 years. nations have dropped from approximately 29,000 to the current 14,000. Some would theroize that this is partly because of the negligence and sadism practiced by certian alliances. Having 3 alliance nations attack a small unaligned nation of less than 100 day old, is not a tech raid, it is a morale defeating massacre, that strips all hope and fun from a young nation, causing them to feel defeated and lose interest. When any one stands up and tries to assist a small nation, they are then attacked, maligned, and otherwise beat down, by the bully. If all the nations that survived the goons early attacks, had the courage and fortitude to stand up and fight, the oppressors would become the opressed. My alliance "Mongols" have decided we will not pay FEAR homage to this scurge, WE will fight, and maybe die together, but we will do it with honor and courage, and welcome help from our friends in Kaskus and Sword alliance, who also seak to stop the opression of planet BoB, when new nations are ran out of town it upsets the ecology of the game. Tech raids are fine, fighting is fun, but 3 on 1 (GOON) style, with no hope allowed, an extended beat down, is counter productive for everyone.
GOONs have their rules about aiding a nation they are attacking, and they even enforce those rules when the situation suits GOONs. Goons are good fighters, but I think they have found that MONGOLS, Kaskus, and Swords are not their usual pushovers that pay homage and hide=GOON diplomacy. We have done as much damage as we have recieved and will continue.

[/quote]
Actually, that sounds like a bit of fun to me, because this war has been as interesting as watching paint dry.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Doctor Evil' timestamp='1332188837' post='2940307']
The oppression by GOONs is a scurge on Planet BoB, in the last 2 years. nations have dropped from approximately 29,000 to the current 14,000. Some would theroize that this is partly because of the negligence and sadism practiced by certian alliances. Having 3 alliance nations attack a small unaligned nation of less than 100 day old, is not a tech raid, it is a morale defeating massacre, that strips all hope and fun from a young nation, causing them to feel defeated and lose interest. When any one stands up and tries to assist a small nation, they are then attacked, maligned, and otherwise beat down, by the bully. If all the nations that survived the goons early attacks, had the courage and fortitude to stand up and fight, the oppressors would become the opressed. My alliance "Mongols" have decided we will not pay FEAR homage to this scurge, WE will fight, and maybe die together, but we will do it with honor and courage, and welcome help from our friends in Kaskus and Sword alliance, who also seak to stop the opression of planet BoB, when new nations are ran out of town it upsets the ecology of the game. Tech raids are fine, fighting is fun, but 3 on 1 (GOON) style, with no hope allowed, an extended beat down, is counter productive for everyone.
GOONs have their rules about aiding a nation they are attacking, and they even enforce those rules when the situation suits GOONs. Goons are good fighters, but I think they have found that MONGOLS, Kaskus, and Swords are not their usual pushovers that pay homage and hide=GOON diplomacy. We have done as much damage as we have recieved and will continue.
[/quote]
Timeline, is that you? Regardless, raiding has neither a demonstrably positive effect on the community at large or a negative one. Plenty of people are driven into alliances because of raiding, enhancing their experience.

If you compare the rate at which nations leave the world and the number of nations that GOONS actually raids, the percentage isn't particularly significant. And that's if you assume that every nation GOONS raids leaves the game because of it, which has been proven to not be the case. I ran the numbers a while back when GOONS was even larger and more prolific in their raiding, and it came out to be something under 3-5% when making all worst case assumptions.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1332199807' post='2940394']
If you compare the rate at which nations leave the world and the number of nations that GOONS actually raids, the percentage isn't particularly significant. And that's if you assume that every nation GOONS raids leaves the game because of it, which has been proven to not be the case. I ran the numbers a while back when GOONS was even larger and more prolific in their raiding, and it came out to be something under 3-5% when making all worst case assumptions.
[/quote]

It can't be Timeline, if it were him, it would have been even more poorly constructed. I can concur with raiding does not push that many people out, it does, however, push them into alliances and generally give them a healthy hatred of raiders. I have two guys joined due to raids, which suits me fine. What will be amusing is when this place falls short of raid targets, which will happen, then I guess raids will not be as widely used, I'm sure of the raiders in here, will cry their little hearts out at that prospect? Maybe it might encourage more actual warfare, which may benefit the few remaining rulers left on this plane of existence.

[ooc]Of coarse I'm taking Diazepam for sleep apnoea, so I may be gibbering !@#$.[ooc]

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1332200625' post='2940404']
It can't be Timeline, if it were him, it would have been even more poorly constructed. I can concur with raiding does not push that many people out, it does, however, push them into alliances and generally give them a healthy hatred of raiders. I have two guys joined due to raids, which suits me fine. What will be amusing is when this place falls short of raid targets, which will happen, then I guess raids will not be as widely used, I'm sure of the raiders in here, will cry their little hearts out at that prospect? Maybe it might encourage more actual warfare, which may benefit the few remaining rulers left on this plane of existence.
[/quote]
I agree, the syntax is strange but there aren't enough spelling mistakes to conclude that it's timeline.

And honestly it warms my heart to hear of raid targets joining up with alliances, especially if they cite the raid as a direct cause. After all the tech they take away, it's the least a raider can do to give back to the community in a positive way.

Also, I'd disagree about the prospect of a complete lack of raid targets. Yes the pool is growing ever smaller, but I feel that once the pool is small enough to cause a significant shortage, there will be far more pressing concerns than a lack of raids.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1332201190' post='2940413']
I agree, the syntax is strange but there aren't enough spelling mistakes to conclude that it's timeline.

And honestly it warms my heart to hear of raid targets joining up with alliances, especially if they cite the raid as a direct cause. After all the tech they take away, it's the least a raider can do to give back to the community in a positive way.

[b]Also, I'd disagree about the prospect of a complete lack of raid targets. Yes the pool is growing ever smaller, but I feel that once the pool is small enough to cause a significant shortage, there will be far more pressing concerns than a lack of raids.[/b]
[/quote]

Again, I agree, there will be many concerns raised at that point, but raiders do what they do, and I don't see it stopping. I just see larger raids happening on alliances with weak, or no political power. If the decline keeps happening, then more people will be fighting for the same slots, and as it dwindles even further, they will have to get there so-called "kicks" else where. This will benefit the community when it happens, more warfare usually means happier members. (depending on the circumstances of the war)

[quote name='Tir Nan Og' timestamp='1332171851' post='2940229']
If NEW truly wanted into this war they would take the in, and activate Doomhouse. Which would end badly for them. NEW leadership knows this war is dumb and doesnt want any part of it.
[/quote]

we not affraid being end badly. i just don't want NEW get into any conflict outside NEW and our allies business.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1332206558' post='2940441']
Lets get back on topic here.

After a discussion in #kaskus, i have a question for GOONs, other than Honour a treaty, what has Kaskus done wrong?
[/quote]

Nothing wrong, on the moral compass at least. I would say, signing a treaty with Mongols midway through our negotiations with them was a terrible strategic move. "Honoring" that treaty with a group of people you had just gotten done raiding...looks wrong. Now that the reality of where you're heading has set in, I would say getting NEW involved is wrong on many levels.

I don't mean to sound arrogant but you've been up against GOONS, and a few MK'ers that knocked a couple nations down to our size so far. Whatever light at the end of this tunnel that you're seeing is merely because GOONS is handling this on our own.

At this point the biggest thing you've done wrong is ruin your alliance for absolutely no reason.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1332214702' post='2940514']
Nothing wrong, on the moral compass at least. I would say, signing a treaty with Mongols midway through our negotiations with them was a terrible strategic move. "Honoring" that treaty with a group of people you had just gotten done raiding...looks wrong. Now that the reality of where you're heading has set in, I would say getting NEW involved is wrong on many levels.

I don't mean to sound arrogant but you've been up against GOONS, and a few MK'ers that knocked a couple nations down to our size so far. Whatever light at the end of this tunnel that you're seeing is merely because GOONS is handling this on our own.

At this point the biggest thing you've done wrong is ruin your alliance for absolutely no reason.
[/quote]

In all honesty as i've said before, the Treaty was signed before Mongols aided the nation that GOONs was raiding, we just never got around to announcing it, kinda like a few other treaties.

But we said we would defend an ally, we said nothing to get NEW to aid us, we just said this war is alot of fun, and some of us are low on money. Which is what i say to everyone to be honest. Some NEW members sent aid as they dont like seeing there friends fall down.

Anyway, we aren't trying to get NEW to join the war, i stated in a chat that this is OUR war and not theres, we will fight til we have had enough and hope to hell the people that try to help us arent idiots like the current one.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1332216442' post='2940521']
In all honesty as i've said before, the Treaty was signed before Mongols aided the nation that GOONs was raiding, we just never got around to announcing it, kinda like a few other treaties.
[/quote]

If we grant this as true, then cool. You have done nothing wrong.

But you did attack an alliance and knew if you lost that said alliance would demand reps for peace. Nothing personal, but that's how it goes with us and it's no secret.

Also Hiro stop being reasonable. It confuses us. :P

[quote name='denkimon' timestamp='1332219107' post='2940546']
If we grant this as true, then cool. You have done nothing wrong.

But you did attack an alliance and knew if you lost that said alliance would demand reps for peace. Nothing personal, but that's how it goes with us and it's no secret.

Also Hiro stop being reasonable. It confuses us. :P
[/quote]

I know man, you were the most fun to fight to! i just felt the original reason for this thread had been lost =]

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1332206558' post='2940441']
After a discussion in #kaskus, i have a question for GOONs, other than Honour a treaty, what has Kaskus done wrong?
[/quote]
These sound like the words of a man who desperately wants to end the war with white peace. Why else would you be asking? There's really no point in talking about it. Or going "Aww, what did we ever do to you?" You attacked us. Shhh. Let's all stop talking and resume fighting until you're ready to pay us reps.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1332221308' post='2940561']
These sound like the words of a man who desperately wants to end the war with white peace. Why else would you be asking? There's really no point in talking about it. Or going "Aww, what did we ever do to you?" You attacked us. Shhh. Let's all stop talking and resume fighting until you're ready to pay us reps.
[/quote]

Why would i want peace? this was just discussed in our channel so thought i would bring it here, we attacked, so if we have to pay reps we will right?

I just said it to get this back to the original meaning of the thread, its us Declaring War on GOONs, not other alliances saying stuff,