Official United Equestria Policy Annoucement

Magicman657

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TBRaiders' timestamp='1330018322' post='2926772']
I do completely understand why Gremlins wouldn't want anyone on their AA. They did steal it fair and square.
[/quote]

We aren't debating regarding only Gremlins......

[quote name='Tick1' timestamp='1330018156' post='2926769']
However they are controlling what goes on in their alliance by declaring war on nations ghosting. Better yet they could go through their foreign aid and figure out every single nation which ghosted their alliance and declare war on them one by one with literally zero repercussions. Seeing as sending foreign aid offers also doesn't effect anyone's nation, but their own I hardly would call it funneling money.
[/quote]
If this is the case, then MK just ordered a bunch of their people to do something then threw them under the bus for doing it.

If this is not the case, they are protected the second they put the MK AA back up. The wars would be forced to stop under fear of retaliation.

Either way, MK has committed a crime, whether it be against the sovereignty of other alliances or against its own members. Considering the second case is the one which seems to be going on, I'd go with the sovereignty of other alliances. They're free to prove me wrong.

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1330017867' post='2926761']
I was astonished at the sheer diplomatical incompetence destilled in this information. Sorry to not cover up for someone who offends us.

We probably owe that to TOP, though. So my apologies goes to them for making them look bad by association (whether with me or MK is your decision).
[/quote]

Honesty is diplomatic incompetence? I'd say it was more incompetence in leadership than diplomacy. If anyone is being diplomatically incompetent it's the guy who just dumped logs of a private conversation where someone was apologising and owning up to making a really stupid move.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1330018235' post='2926771']
He could've easily lied about it and said "I don't know what those guys are doing" and absolved himself of all responsibility but instead he was honest with you when he had no real reason or vested interest to do so, in fact lying about it would've benefited him far more than being truthful. Instead of being the better and more mature person you decided to dump logs of a private conversation for the public to see. Clearly the best way to deal with you in the future is to lie through ones teeth because you're apparently incapable of actually taking the moral high ground which you so desperately seek and end up resorting to cheap underhanded tactics to essentially give the finger to the person who wronged you rather than be the bigger person.

I guess what I'm trying to say is; hey $%&@ you buddy
[/quote]

The funny thing is, this could of easily been avoided if someone had actually used productive thinking before giving such a order. Every action has a reaction, this was it.

If someone pissed in your cornflakes, then apologized. You wouldn't just accept and continue eating would you and I know for sure MK wouldn't of just sat back if the situation was reversed. So you can play that as much as you want, it won't suffice.

Interesting when you use "incapable of taking the moral high ground" and "Underhand tatics". You heard it here folks logdumping > Ghosting AA and OOC attacks

You tell me would you rather be tied to a alliance that logdumps on people who wronged them or a alliance that ghosts others and uses OOC attacks.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1330018875' post='2926780']
Honesty is diplomatic incompetence? I'd say it was more incompetence in leadership than diplomacy. If anyone is being diplomatically incompetent it's the guy who just dumped logs of a private conversation where someone was apologising and owning up to making a really stupid move.
[/quote]

Oh no i meant the gov. decision to send people to other AAs. And yeah, at least they owed up to it. Would it have made a difference if i didnt post the logs directly but just that information?

I dont think so. And i felt obligated to inform the public, so they can all check their AA if they have any ghosts.

Edited by HellAngel

[quote name='TBRaiders' timestamp='1330018322' post='2926772']
I do completely understand why Gremlins wouldn't want anyone on their AA. They did steal it fair and square.
[/quote]

Feel free to have Ram if you like :)

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1330018409' post='2926773']
Please refer to Johnny's last post.Thank you and have a nice day!
[/quote]

No nice day for me today :(

[quote name='Tick1' timestamp='1330018471' post='2926774']
We aren't debating regarding only Gremlins......
[/quote]

They are the most vocally upset AA regarding this harmless incident so I just wanted them to know I completely understand and support the sovereignty of their AA. It wasn't long ago they had to take it away from the original alliance, so they are probably still very sensitive about it.

[quote name='TBRaiders' timestamp='1330019328' post='2926790']
They are the most vocally upset AA regarding this harmless incident so I just wanted them to know I completely understand and support the sovereignty of their AA. It wasn't long ago they had to take it away from the original alliance, so they are probably still very sensitive about it.
[/quote]

Everyone's sovereignty can be taken away, just takes the appropriate amount of power. Without power the sovereignty wouldn't exist in the first place.

[quote name='TBRaiders' timestamp='1330019328' post='2926790']
[/quote]

Well, originally i didnt want to take the thread off track... so i wont.

I hope you're not actually trying to make a point here.

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1330019210' post='2926785']
Oh no i meant the gov. decision to send people to other AAs. And yeah, at least they owed up to it. Would it have made a difference if i didnt post the logs directly but just that information?

I dont think so. And i felt obligated to inform the public, so they can all check their AA if they have any ghosts.
[/quote]

That's a good point but I'm afraid I don't buy the line that you were doing it to inform the public so that they could "check for ghosts" but it's probably best to agree to disagree there.

He could've easily lied about it and said "I don't know what those guys are doing" and absolved himself of all responsibility but instead he was honest with you when he had no real reason or vested interest to do so, in fact lying about it would've benefited him far more than being truthful. Instead of being the better and more mature person you decided to dump logs of a private conversation for the public to see. Clearly the best way to deal with you in the future is to lie through ones teeth because you're apparently incapable of actually taking the moral high ground which you so desperately seek and end up resorting to cheap underhanded tactics to essentially give the finger to the person who wronged you rather than be the bigger person.

I guess what I'm trying to say is; hey $%&@ you buddy
[/quote]

Be moral and lie through your teeth :awesome:

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1330019682' post='2926797']
Well, originally i didnt want to take the thread off track... so i wont.

I hope you're not actually trying to make a point here.
[/quote]

You and nutkase have already taken this thread off track. I don't think I had a specific point, but I do find amusement in reminding others that their defecation doesn't smell like roses either.

[quote name='TBRaiders' timestamp='1330020670' post='2926810']
You and nutkase have already taken this thread off track. I don't think I had a specific point, but I do find amusement in reminding others that their defecation doesn't smell like roses either.
[/quote]

Sometimes it only matters on which side of the fence you are. But yeah, i guess you share that opinion with Matthew PK, Ramirus and Ertyy.

Edited by HellAngel

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1330021330' post='2926823']
Sometimes it only matters on which side of the fence you are. But yeah, i guess you share that opinion with Matthew PK, Ramirus and Ertyy.
[/quote]

Not really. I had no problem with you taking that AA away. I just wonder how easy it is to turn on and off that moral compass of yours.

He could've easily lied about it and said "I don't know what those guys are doing" and absolved himself of all responsibility but instead he was honest with you when he had no real reason or vested interest to do so, in fact lying about it would've benefited him far more than being truthful.

[/quote]

I do not think even Leet would agree with you here.

Lying or denying about it would have not benefited him.

[quote name='deth2munkies' timestamp='1330017765' post='2926759']
Acting as an agent of one alliance while wearing the AA of another is duplicitous at best, criminal at worst, and looked down upon universally.

It would be like a politician from one nation walking into mine, claiming that he was the leader of one of my states, then funneling all of the money and information from that state back to his old alliance. It's definitely violating my sovereign right to control what goes on in my own nation.
[/quote]

More like a citizen from a nation, under instructions from his government, crossing a border to buy cheap stuff from another nation that locked its markets to the original one with his own resources.

Edited by Centurius

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1330022026' post='2926843']
More like a citizen from a nation, under instructions from his government, crossing a border to buy cheap stuff from another nation that locked its markets to the original one with his own resources.
[/quote]

But is espionage when he is carrying a fake passport saying he is from that nation.

You forgot the important part of your theory.

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1330022307' post='2926847']
But is espionage when he is carrying a fake passport saying he is from that nation.

You forgot the important part of your theory.
[/quote]

What does one do to illegal immigrants buying merchandise they should not have? You deport them while striping them of their goods. You forget the important part in your theory.

[quote name='Tick1' timestamp='1330022469' post='2926850']
What does one do to illegal immigrants buying merchandise they should not have? You deport them while striping them of their goods. You forget the important part in your theory.
[/quote]

Not always.

OOC: Take Iran... for example...

[quote name='TBRaiders' timestamp='1330021481' post='2926825']
Not really. I had no problem with you taking that AA away. I just wonder how easy it is to turn on and off that moral compass of yours.
[/quote]

I dont see how this changed any of my principles. I still fight to retain soverignty over our AA.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1330022666' post='2926854']
Not always.

OOC: Take Iran... for example...
[/quote]

Is 'life' not considered a good? I'm pretty sure that can be taken away if deemed necessary for the punishment? Or freedom for that matter... these are all considered 'goods'

[quote name='Tick1' timestamp='1330022469' post='2926850']
[/quote]

Awww no?

usually prison!

Also there is a difference between a illegal immigrant and someone sent by a government. :unsure: (Well from where I am, there is)

Edited by nutkase