Incompetence Extravaganza Bets

TehChron

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1317954285' post='2819224']
I was under the impression it was going off of when they began their military buildup, to be honest, since that's a more accurate assessment of cumulative strength lost via the conflict. And...Im pretty sure the NSO declared their first rounds that same day, so itll be the day of the end of the same round of wars with Tetris.
[/quote]

Okay, I was just trying to make sure I had a clear set of parameters before I ventured a wager or took you up on yours. Also, I did forget when NSO went in because I somehow managed to forget that Legion declared 6 hours prior to update.

I will have to think this one over because, most likely Legion will lose 500k NS prior to the end of rounds, since they only need to lose another 237k at this point, unless more nations join Legion as that Sabcat(?) fellow did.

If I were you, I would put a time limit on accepting your bet though as you do not want people to wait until the last minute to take you up on your bet in case others do join Legion.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1317954790' post='2819242']
Okay, I was just trying to make sure I had a clear set of parameters before I ventured a wager or took you up on yours. Also, I did forget when NSO went in because I somehow managed to forget that Legion declared 6 hours prior to update.

I will have to think this one over because, most likely Legion will lose 500k NS prior to the end of rounds, since they only need to lose another 237k at this point, unless more nations join Legion as that Sabcat(?) fellow did.

If I were you, I would put a time limit on accepting your bet though as you do not want people to wait until the last minute to take you up on your bet in case others do join Legion.
[/quote]
Oh, I dont mind not having a set time limit, since this thread is going to keep going until the end of the war. But if others do join Legion, it may make things more interesting at least. Things really are pretty ugly for them except for the transplants at the rate this is going.

Edited by TehChron

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1317955071' post='2819248']
Oh, I dont mind not having a set time limit, since this thread is going to keep going until the end of the war. But if others do join Legion, it may make things more interesting at least. Things really are pretty ugly for them except for the transplants at the rate this is going.
[/quote]

I am tempted to wager on Tetris losing just as much NS as Legion but I will hold off until tomorrow before deciding. Would like to see if IAA/BTA can absorb some damage first as well as see if Legion truly does end up in bill lock.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1317955217' post='2819251']
I am tempted to wager on Tetris losing just as much NS as Legion but I will hold off until tomorrow before deciding. Would like to see if IAA/BTA can absorb some damage first as well as see if Legion truly does end up in bill lock.
[/quote]
Ill give you 3:1 odds on that bet if you decide to follow through with it. I dont think IAA/BTA will absorb much damage at all, since the Legion doesn't have a great counter-declaration rate going.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1317955382' post='2819253']
Ill give you 3:1 odds on that bet if you decide to follow through with it. I dont think IAA/BTA will absorb much damage at all, since the Legion doesn't have a great counter-declaration rate going.
[/quote]

Yeah, I was noticing that as I started looking through wars. Also, IAA/BTA have barely managed to declare any offensive wars themselves so they won't even absorb damage that way.

So basically I need to see if most of Legion will be bill locked by tomorrow.

Edited by Dochartaigh

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1317955500' post='2819258']
Yeah, I was noticing that as I started looking through wars. Also, IAA/BTA have barely managed to declare any offensive wars themselves so they won't even absorb damage that way.

So basically I need to see if most of Legion will be bill locked by tomorrow.
[/quote]

Don't worry we still have 2 days left :smug:

I don't like the name "Incompetence Extravaganza" because it hasn't any relation with anything specific about this war.

I'd like to bet 100 tech that no one of the current combatants (IIRC: The Legion, Tetris, NSO, NsO, IAA, BTA e OP) will have to pay any tech/monetary reparation to any of the other, because of this war.
Payments (one way or the other) will have to be compliant with any and every restriction due to the GPA laws on Foreign Aid.
Betting on this would close on 10/10 [i](date subject to be adjusted before the bet becomes "official": see below)[/i].

I am not sure how you intend this to function, TehChron: do you give me the odds and I then decide if I follow through, or do I state the odds and whoever wants just takes the bet with me?
I am also unfamiliar with the odds we're using. If it's set to 2:1, does it mean I am staking 100 for a return of 200, or is it 100 for a return of 50?

On the topic of people coming from different places and not always understanding each other, and on the beauty of talking with people from all over the clock:
[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1317946036' post='2819038']You shouldn't [insert forbidden verb here] a thread unless you're positively sure that your English won't sound like a five-year-old's.[/quote]
Surely gramm[i]e[/i]r nazis that chase non-native speakers are the only thing that saves this board from being [insert forbidden verb here], correct?

[quote name='Draztikus' timestamp='1317993566' post='2819646']
I'll bet 3 million 50 tech and 2000 soldiers[size="1"]*[/size] that this war will end up being called Great War 10 or Unjust War 4

[/quote]

People who name wars like that...

And the same people who post things like this:

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1317995599' post='2819664']
I don't like the name "Incompetence Extravaganza" because it hasn't any relation with anything specific about this war.

I'd like to bet 100 tech that no one of the current combatants (IIRC: The Legion, Tetris, NSO, NsO, IAA, BTA e OP) will have to pay any tech/monetary reparation to any of the other, because of this war.
Payments (one way or the other) will have to be compliant with any and every restriction due to the GPA laws on Foreign Aid.
Betting on this would close on 10/10 [i](date subject to be adjusted before the bet becomes "official": see below)[/i].

I am not sure how you intend this to function, TehChron: do you give me the odds and I then decide if I follow through, or do I state the odds and whoever wants just takes the bet with me?
I am also unfamiliar with the odds we're using. If it's set to 2:1, does it mean I am staking 100 for a return of 200, or is it 100 for a return of 50?

On the topic of people coming from different places and not always understanding each other, and on the beauty of talking with people from all over the clock:

Surely gramm[i]e[/i]r nazis that chase non-native speakers are the only thing that saves this board from being [insert forbidden verb here], correct?
[/quote]

You're as dry as a saltine cracker, Jerdge, but I'd let you write the whole Legion Vs. asl;fjaklnsx war any day. At least it would be even handed.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1317945558' post='2819026']
100 tech on the Legion losing over 500k NS before the end of this round.
[/quote]

That's a pretty safe bet you are making, considering all 101 of the Legions MP nations will lose 2040 ns just by launching 1 nuke daily for the course of the first round making for a 206k ns loss, not including nations who have HNMS as well as SDI blocks.

So basically I am calling that !@#$%^&* bet

I'll bet 50 tech on Tetris losing a higher percentage of their total NS compared to The Legion throughout this war, from beginning to end.

I'm also willing to bet 50 tech in NSO losing a higher percentage of their total NS compared to Legion throughout this war, from beginning to end.

So that's 2 separate bets I'm willing to do that people can take me up on. The numbers I'll base the starting NS on for each alliance would be, NSO had 2.785 Million NS (entered Oct 4th) at the start of their participation in the war, Legion had 6.115 Million NS (entered Oct 3rd), Tetris had 1.06 Million NS (started Oct 3rd for them).

[quote name='The Normandy' timestamp='1318030181' post='2820222']
I bet 700 tech by the end of this war/GREAT war IAA, NsO, NSO, BTA, Tetris will all disband.
[/quote]
I'll take that bet if it means just one of them not disbanding means me winning the bet and receiving 700 tech. While some might be more likely to disband than others, I think the chances of all of them disbanding is close to zero.

I bet 700 tech by the end of this war/GREAT war IAA, NsO, NSO, BTA, Tetris will all disband.
[/quote]

I'll take that bet on 5 to 1 odds. If you win that bet, I'll pay you 3500 tech.

I was going to post this in the other thread, but figured here would be more appropriate.
[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1318077652' post='2820755']
They've lost 217k since update, and over 1 point in score since Gopher updated. They've fallen off at a faster clip then they were previously, and it seems to be a free fall already(in week 1). It's too soon to say that one side is "winning", but stuff like that doesn't help their case when they claim to be winning.
[/quote]
I know you guys aren't surrendering, but you should take me up on my bet on who will lose more NS percentage-wise between you guys and Legion, as I think the odds are percentage wise NSO will lose more NS than Legion (although I realize it could go either way, which is what makes a bet interesting). I'm sure you guys will hold out well regardless of damage, but it would be fun to bet on who's total NS goes down more percentage-wise regardless of who wins. I'll bet you 100 tech NSO loses a higher percentage of their beginning NS than Legion and will have no problem paying you if I lose, as I'm sure you would rather bet on yourself if you're going to do it.

If your side does make Legion lose a higher percentage of their starting NS than you guys I'll gladly pay.

[/quote]

how generous of you to give away 700 tech :rolleyes: dont kid yourself. NSO will never die.

edit: and thats based solely on the fact that people have been trying to get rid of us forever and its never happened. what makes you think a war against legion will make us disband?

Edited by Dubsy

[quote name='Dubsy' timestamp='1318085497' post='2820819']
how generous of you to give away 700 tech :rolleyes: dont kid yourself. NSO will never die.

edit: and thats based solely on the fact that people have been trying to get rid of us forever and its never happened. what makes you think a war against legion will make us disband?
[/quote]

Seriously, that should go for like 200:1 odds to be a worthwhile bet.