Incompetence Extravaganza Bets

TehChron

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1318080105' post='2820773']
I was going to post this in the other thread, but figured here would be more appropriate.

I know you guys aren't surrendering, but you should take me up on my bet on who will lose more NS percentage-wise between you guys and Legion, as I think the odds are percentage wise NSO will lose more NS than Legion (although I realize it could go either way, which is what makes a bet interesting). I'm sure you guys will hold out well regardless of damage, but it would be fun to bet on who's total NS goes down more percentage-wise regardless of who wins. I'll bet you 100 tech NSO loses a higher percentage of their beginning NS than Legion and will have no problem paying you if I lose, as I'm sure you would rather bet on yourself if you're going to do it.

If your side does make Legion lose a higher percentage of their starting NS than you guys I'll gladly pay.
[/quote]

Probably a stupid bet, they aren't using their larger nations which is easier to lose NS from..

EDIT: What I mean is that their small nations make it easier for them to maintain NS.

EDIT2: Not an insult, meant that as far.

EDIT3: fact, not far. Is it possible to still be drunk at 3:30 in the afternoon after a night of heavy drinking?

Edited by Unknown Smurf

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1318102537' post='2821015']
Probably a stupid bet, they aren't using their larger nations which is easier to lose NS from..

EDIT: What I mean is that their small nations make it easier for them to maintain NS.

EDIT2: Not an insult, meant that as far.

EDIT3: fact, not far. Is it possible to still be drunk at 3:30 in the afternoon after a night of heavy drinking?
[/quote]
Bets make things more interesting, so I don't mind sending the first one to take me up on the offer 100 tech even if I lose, as long as they are willing to do same if they somehow lose the bet.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1318104289' post='2821036']
Bets make things more interesting, so I don't mind sending the first one to take me up on the offer 100 tech even if I lose, as long as they are willing to do same if they somehow lose the bet.
[/quote]
No big deal for me, Ill certainly take you up on it.

[quote name='The Normandy' timestamp='1318099483' post='2820977']
Maybe I need to change it.
Nobody would be willing to pay me that much.

How about realistic odds and a lower bet.
[/quote]
I think you should lower it, not because nobody would take it at 200:1 odds (I'd still go with it, even for 400:1), but because this really is like free tech. Even if Legion wins, BTA isn't really doing much anyway and NSO, as well as NsO are both too stubborn to disband, even if all of them would get ZIed in the war. It's the very nature of their alliances that makes it impossible for them to disband just because of a lost war with Legion.

[quote name='The Normandy' timestamp='1318030181' post='2820222']
I bet 700 tech by the end of this war/GREAT war IAA, NsO, NSO, BTA, Tetris will all disband.
[/quote]

I'll bet against that

And also, methrage, I'll take both of your bets that Legion will lose a lower percentage of NS than NSO or Tetris separately.

Edited by shahman

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1318457944' post='2823636']
I think you should lower it, not because nobody would take it at 200:1 odds (I'd still go with it, even for 400:1), but because this really is like free tech. Even if Legion wins, BTA isn't really doing much anyway and NSO, as well as NsO are both too stubborn to disband, even if all of them would get ZIed in the war. It's the very nature of their alliances that makes it impossible for them to disband just because of a lost war with Legion.
[/quote]
To be fair, my intent is to use the pool to pay out the earnings to winners, and then whatever that doesnt cover id pay out myself once I get to an infra level capable of supporting that.

So yes, it's free tech. To the winners. I'll simply leave that bet as a standalone, and put a restriction on anyone betting against him... On the other hand, if you don't mind betting 200 tech just to get 1 back, then by all means. Send that tech.

Edited by TehChron

I am willing to bet that Legion will win this war as long as the following happens.

1) No more Alliances bandwagon on Tetris side (and Legion does not call in any of their allies), to make it simple as long as it stays Tetris, IAA, NSO, NsO, BTA (Vs.) Legion

If the above two happen and Legion fails to win, I will put 1k tech on the line.

But joking aside we all know GATO, TLR and RoK wont stop sending aid and we all know NSO, Tetris, IAA, NsO and BTA don't have the balls to stand alone Vs one alliance, but none the less the bet stands.

Edited by Timeline

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1318570268' post='2824691']
I am willing to bet that Legion will win this war as long as the following happens.

1) No more Alliances bandwagon on Tetris side (and Legion does not call in any of their allies), to make it simple as long as it stays Tetris, IAA, NSO, NsO, BTA (Vs.) Legion
2) As long as no more allies Aid Tetris, IAA, NSO, NsO and BTA (This means GATO, TLR and RoK would need to stop sending aid)

If the above two happen and Legion fails to win, I will put 1k tech on the line.

But joking aside we all know GATO, TLR and RoK wont stop sending aid and we all know NSO, Tetris, IAA, NsO and BTA don't have the balls to stand alone Vs one alliance, but none the less the bet stands.
[/quote]

I'll one up this bet and say that Legion will win this war even with external monetary aid on both sides, but no alliances jumping in. (basically remove stipulation 2 from Timeline's bet)

I will put 1k tech up.

Anyone want to take me up on it?

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1318570268' post='2824691']

[/quote]

I removed part two, simply due to the fact Legion is now getting aid and well it evens the fight up a little.

So 1k on the line Legion will win as long as no one else jumps in

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1318639457' post='2825292']
I removed part two, simply due to the fact Legion is now getting aid and well it evens the fight up a little.

So 1k on the line Legion will win as long as no one else jumps in
[/quote]Are you setting out conditions FOR betting, or the conditions of the bet itself?

Im not exactly clear on that.