An Announcement from the Imperial Assault Alliance

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1317953480' post='2819196']
Because Tetris didn't request help from them, right?
[/quote]
you tell me, youre one of their allies.

But honestly, its legion. why would tetris start !@#$ with an alliance they knew they couldnt take on themselves. Unless theyre just sorry like that. If Tetris is trying to throw around their allies weight then they are worse than i thought they were. Im trying to give them the benefit of the doubt here though.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Buzz Lightyear' timestamp='1317942849' post='2818984']
Heres a summary since none of you are getting it:

Yes, Legion still sucks and is still WAE.

Yes, Tetris sucks too.

No, NSO and Tetris dont need help

Yes, NSO/Tetris allies just want to get a piece of Legion and thats why they are jumping through hoops to join this war.
[/quote]
no amount of terrible posting by d34th or methrage will change how right this fellow is

[quote name='The Normandy' timestamp='1317930060' post='2818784']
Cry moar!
[/quote]

What? This doesn't even make sense, I find all of this is entirely amusing, and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1317930456' post='2818796']
Alright big guy. You wanna war so badly declare the war. Hell you guys got that fancy MDAP, may as well use it. oA with IAA on legion and pre-empt polar's entry then bring in CnG.

Stop trying to bait em in, you honestly think anyone in NpO cares that it'd make your day if they declared war?

It'd make my day to see someone actually do something instead of just baiting people. Declare the war and do it.
[/quote]

Right, maybe next time you should reread what I said to understand, which was clearly stated, that I didn't want them to declare war. I didn't bold something for nothing.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1317930694' post='2818802']
Greg, look who you're talking to. It's not worth the effort.
[/quote]

You've seemed to muster up enough effort to make a mindless comment. Then again, it's not too difficult to do.

At the end of the day, I'd rather Polar didn't declare war. It would show them for what they really are, but hey, who am I to judge? I am just some random Bobian taking a stroll around in this world.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1317954457' post='2819229']
no amount of terrible posting by d34th or methrage will change how right this fellow is
[/quote]

Tells the person who thinks that Legion doesn't have a solid CB. :laugh:

[quote name='Buzz Lightyear' timestamp='1317954311' post='2819227']
you tell me, youre one of their allies.

But honestly, its legion. why would tetris start !@#$ with an alliance they knew they couldnt take on themselves. Unless theyre just sorry like that. If Tetris is trying to throw around their allies weight then they are worse than i thought they were. Im trying to give them the benefit of the doubt here though.
[/quote]

You could, you know, look at the DoWs themselves.

Also to be fair, that was the previous administration's stupidity in the matter and I have more faith in Logan than them.

So everyone's just going to ignore the whole chim deleted JW grabbed emperor and refuses to give it up while throwing little fits then blocks a members access to parts of the forum for no reason. JW proving to be a great choice.

Also cyfe I saw what you bolded you're still baiting them. Or how about in the other thread. Believe you wrote "where you at NpOptional?" also I dont want gibs on my side >_>

Greg, I'd point you are talking to cyfe. He has always been outspoken hasn't he? Finding a few members from different alliances that act silly on owf is easy. You post here enough to know that.

Also, really weird to see Gibs/Greg/Darth arguing. All friends of mine, and I'm not sure who I want to win.

My take:

Regardless of how valid this war ( Legion/Tetris) is or isn't, if Legion thought they were going to declare and nobody would back Tetris, they were silly.

The amount of crap in terms of disrespect, humiliation, and sheer malevolence from other alliances to Legion is enough on its own to be a valid CB. The fact that their friends aren't coming in to help them is sad. It doesn't matter if Legion out numbers or out NS's their opponents 10 to 1. It's never "beaten enough " in war. Fact is their allies are staying out because they don't want this to escalate. It's entirely political, and it shows exactly what Legion's allies think of them: they're meatshields not worth burning for. It doesn't even matter if Legion is asking them to stay out. Legion has had mud thrown in its face and been disrespected left and right. They deserve not only to stand up for themselves but their ally's to stand up for them too.

I doubt their ally's would help even if enough small alliances hopped on to outnumber Legion in stats 2 to 1. They've shown principle doesn't matter to them and that their politics is based entirely on how much a conflict is worth to them in numbers. Meanwhile Tertis' friends don't have to be asked, and don't need to have overwhelming odds in order to jump in, and likely won't give a crap if they lose, and sure as heck won't use an excuse of " our friends have -enough- of an edge, we don't need to intervene " .

Legion's allies can say what they want. I think most everyone knows exactly why they aren't coming in. I understand the reasoning for it too. Let's not pretend it is something it isn't though. IAA did not go in to bait polar Greg. That would be a silly strategy since we all know in Polar's eyes Legion isn't worth biting for.

Edited by Lanore

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1317967451' post='2819476']
It will be funny when the only alliance that disbands due to this war isn't Legion, but IAA.
[/quote]

I would find that mildly amusing, but instead I'll just wish them good luck. After the war, of course. Internal struggles suck.

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1317971501' post='2819542']
Greg, I'd point you are talking to cyfe. He has always been outspoken hasn't he? Finding a few members from different alliances that act silly on owf is easy. You post here enough to know that.

Also, really weird to see Gibs/Greg/Darth arguing. All friends of mine, and I'm not sure who I want to win.

My take:

Regardless of how valid this war ( Legion/Tetris) is or isn't, if Legion thought they were going to declare and nobody would back Tetris, they were silly.

The amount of crap in terms of disrespect, humiliation, and sheer malevolence from other alliances to Legion is enough on its own to be a valid CB. The fact that their friends aren't coming in to help them is sad. It doesn't matter if Legion out numbers or out NS's their opponents 10 to 1. It's never "beaten enough " in war. Fact is their allies are staying out because they don't want this to escalate. It's entirely political, and it shows exactly what Legion's allies think of them: they're meatshields not worth burning for. It doesn't even matter if Legion is asking them to stay out. Legion has had mud thrown in its face and been disrespected left and right. They deserve not only to stand up for themselves but their ally's to stand up for them too.

I doubt their ally's would help even if enough small alliances hopped on to outnumber Legion in stats 2 to 1. They've shown principle doesn't matter to them and that their politics is based entirely on how much a conflict is worth to them in numbers. Meanwhile Tertis' friends don't have to be asked, and don't need to have overwhelming odds in order to jump in, and likely won't give a crap if they lose, and sure as heck won't use an excuse of " our friends have -enough- of an edge, we don't need to intervene " .

Legion's ally's can say what they want. I think most everyone knows exactly why they aren't coming in. I understand the reasoning for it too. Let's not pretend it is something it isn't though. IAA did not go in to bait polar Greg. That would be a silly strategy since we all know in Polar's eyes Legion isn't worth biting for.
[/quote]

Some points:

We anticipated counters. Personally, I'm surprised it's only been this many.

We don't want our allies in. Not yet, and probably not at all if it stays like it is. We're doing well and are enjoying a (for once on Bob) roughly even match. Our allies have been vocal in our support and that's just peachy with us.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317972059' post='2819545']
We don't want our allies in. Not yet, and probably not at all if it stays like it is. We're doing well and are enjoying a (for once on Bob) roughly even match. Our allies have been vocal in our support and that's just peachy with us.
[/quote]

I understand this. My point is, after what Legion has been through, it shouldn't matter if you want your friends by your side in war or not right now. They should be there. They should have declared the first time someone countered your declaration on Tetris. They should have been aiding you with cash before that too. Still your aid screen shows from as far back as the 30th your aid has been mostly tech deals/internal and mostly none from an outside source.

It doesn't matter if you don't need it.
It doesn't matter if you don't want it.
It doesn't matter if you don't ask for it.

You have been hurt.
You have been humiliated.
You have been publicly mocked and disregarded.
You deserve to have this war.
You deserve your friends full support.
You are getting kind words from peacemode.

Friends are supposed to be there to do that sort of thing regardless of those circumstances. Instead yours are busy running to peacemode for fear of being preempted while claiming they are being baited. Meanwhile you fight alone.

Edited by Lanore

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317972059' post='2819545']
I would find that mildly amusing, but instead I'll just wish them good luck. After the war, of course. Internal struggles suck.

Some points:

We anticipated counters. Personally, I'm surprised it's only been this many.

[/quote]

GATO can oA in if you want...you know so you can test their loyalty and stuff.

Then we'd really be baiting wouldn't we? This war is not about Polar or whatever contrived !@#$%^&* people want to spit. It's about you feeling wronged by Tetris and doing what you thought was right and in turn Tetris' allies and so on doing what they felt is right. if any of this was to get to Polar or any of Legions allies it would've happened by day two of this war. We'll help out IAA on the aid front and you and your allies can look over here and say maybe they aren't the !@#$%^&* we thought they were because, let's face it, we could be. It wouldn't be too hard considering how GATO feels about IAA and I'm sure the same could be said for TLR and probably for RoK and NSO as well, even VE though their treaty with Tetris is downgraded. It would be simple for any one of us to say the hell with it and just roll out and destroy everyone's weekend plans. So why don't we? Because it's not about us and it's not about any of your allies. Quite frankly, I'm just tired of hearing all of the baiting !@#$%^&*.

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1317973155' post='2819556']
[b]I understand this. My point is, after what Legion has been through, it shouldn't matter if you want your friends by your side in war or not right now. They should be there. They should have declared the first time someone countered your declaration on Tetris.[/b] They should have been aiding you with cash before that too. Still your aid screen shows from as far back as the 30th your aid has been mostly tech deals/internal and mostly none from an outside source.[/quote]

you see there's this thing called strategy and has more related to it than "ZOMG everyone activate all treaties" :rolleyes:

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1317991101' post='2819633']
you see there's this thing called strategy and has more related to it than "ZOMG everyone activate all treaties" :rolleyes:
[/quote]
So...what are they waiting for exactly?

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1317950518' post='2819128']
I resemble that remark! :blush:
[/quote]

Well, (before) next time do some tech deals or just pile up some cash, and then you would be able to resent it instead :)

Oh, NSO has a oDoAP with every other Alliance around? Well hey, I am a Alliance too...!

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1317973155' post='2819556']
Friends are supposed to be there to do that sort of thing regardless of those circumstances. Instead yours are busy running to peacemode for fear of being preempted while claiming they are being baited. Meanwhile you fight alone.
[/quote]

Where were you when GATO canceled their treaty with NSO to don't have to defend them?

Where were you when GATO surrendered after a couple days and left IAA fighting alone?

:rolleyes:

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1317993618' post='2819647']
Where were you when GATO canceled their treaty with NSO to don't have to defend them?

Where were you when GATO surrendered after a couple days and left IAA fighting alone?

:rolleyes:
[/quote]

Don't try to bring up GATO's past conduct to cover up for Polar's present failings as an ally.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1317997417' post='2819676']
Don't try to bring up GATO's past conduct to cover up for Polar's present failings as an ally.
[/quote]

how is waiting for the ok by your ally a fail :lol1:

and you can always bring up 1 alliance's past conduct when they were in the exact same situation and decided to turn tail and run instead of defend their ally

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1317997417' post='2819676']
[/quote]

This after everybody and their pet monkey's been ragging on Legion about their entire [b]history[/b]?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenteresting...