Sup, Legion?

Hereno

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1317256101' post='2810579']
GOD is an alliance that has had an impact on planet bob and could be a threat. Tetris is like a piece of !@#$ on your shoe you you scrape off and look at disgust with. People tend to spy and plot on the alliances they fear or respect. And people tend to ignore the alliances that are completely irrelevant. Notice who is spying on who and who is being ignored.
[/quote]

Beautifully said.

Confusion.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1317256101' post='2810579']
GOD is an alliance that has had an impact on planet bob and could be a threat. Tetris is like a piece of !@#$ on your shoe you you scrape off and look at disgust with. People tend to spy and plot on the alliances they fear or respect. And people tend to ignore the alliances that are completely irrelevant. Notice who is spying on who and who is being ignored.
[/quote]

Well, if you're spying for laughs like these screenshots, you go for a laughable alliance, right?

[quote name='Mr flubb' timestamp='1317344901' post='2812266']
Well, if you're spying for laughs like these screenshots, you go for a laughable alliance, right?
[/quote]

How's UBD doing these days? Or Starfleet?

The fun thing about joining a new alliance is being able to sit high upon the perch that once you could see only from below, isn't it?

Like putting on a pair of borrowed clothes, you get to adopt that attitude you always wanted but could never afford.

Instead of being a little midget standing on the back of a giant to yell his slurs, perhaps you should try being a giant yourself.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317363588' post='2812508']
How's UBD doing these days? Or Starfleet?

The fun thing about joining a new alliance is being able to sit high upon the perch that once you could see only from below, isn't it?

Like putting on a pair of borrowed clothes, you get to adopt that attitude you always wanted but could never afford.

Instead of being a little midget standing on the back of a giant to yell his slurs, perhaps you should try being a giant yourself.
[/quote]

hm..... what giant am i standing on the back of? NPO? Starfleet? UBD? Do i not have a right to my opinion regardless of alliance? Ive always said what I feel and believe, regardless of where I am, because a members attitude is not defined by his/her alliance, an alliance is defined by its members attitude. Oh and by the way, UBD disbanded a while ago. Also, i enjoy the fact that im part of something greater than myself. Maybe you need to be a giant because you're insecure, but I don't.

[quote name='Mr flubb' timestamp='1317418542' post='2812936']Oh and by the way, UBD disbanded a while ago.[/quote]

That's my point.

What about your Starfleet project? The same?

So surely you are familiar with the trials and tribulations that affect alliances. It's a rather poor display of character for one to have experienced the ups and downs of their own home and then mock others for their own, isn't it?

But for the petty, that is all they have.

You can be bigger than that, Mr. Flubb. If you truly think that the Legion is so laughable, you should stop by our forums and see for yourself. Those that chant the mantra so often for their own self-validation are out of date.

Good luck in your new adventure in NPO.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317486657' post='2813387']
Actually you merged into GDA, but I guess you aren't as smart as Legion members so I wouldn't expect you to know what your own alliance did :P
[/quote]

I actully did know that, i just didnt want people thinking i was GDA. I was told about the merger by an executive director of UBD a few days before it was announced.

Also, im lazy and not going to quote you, but i probably am out of date and i will check out your forums when i get around to it and see what you people are up to. See you soon ;)

Edited by Mr flubb

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1317527517' post='2813696']
In our defense, Im pretty sure for an opportunity to roll the Legion, we'd gladly waive our treaty obligations for a 1v1 with you all.

You know, like every other time you've threatened to do something, only to slink back into your corner and mutter about how awesome you totally are.

Frankly speaking, regarding your last sentence, making empty threats that everyone knows for what they are, is something that falls under the category of "acting like an ass". That being said, Im sure that such misplaced pride will come back to haunt you, should you continue to put stock in it.
[/quote]

!@#$%^&* and you know it. Legion has told your alliance multiple times to back your words up and all NSO govt has done/said is "That was just a member of NSO, they have the freedom of speech blah blah blah." Tl;dr back-peddling.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1317528019' post='2813700']
Should we win, I would want duel membership, and the opportunity to act in the capacity you recommended that Legion needs right now.

But im a low-level government member, long bereft of relevance. Im sure that a DC member or above would be better able to accommodate your Consul. But since we're on the subject of hypothetical wagers, what would you like to see out of it?
[/quote]

The war itself is fine.

[b]WorldConqueror[/b] said:
[quote]I'm saying that your claim that we've been harassing you non-stop is ridiculous. I'm also saying that if Legion hadn't accused us of spying on them in the wake of the DH war, there would be no NSO-Legion feud, and we would never have had the opportunity to humiliate you by posting all those spy reports obtained from other sources. I'm saying that perhaps if you stopped blaming those mean NSO people for your problems, and looked at the root causes, you might have better success. Bluster and incompetence is not a good combination.[/quote]

After asking around, I have found the incident that you are mentioning. And, frankly, I have to agree, that was a silly thing to do. Sometimes even smart members do things not indicative of their intelligence (I believe Heft might agree with that).

I hope that you will pardon my harshness in tone towards you in my previous responses, as a new member I am still getting up-to-date on the Legion's history, and reacted to what seemed to me to be an unwarranted amount of rock-throwing from you guys. But I see now that you feel it is justified. Whether it is or isn't, I didn't first ask what the issue was before making a judgment. In that regards, then, I will offer you my personal apology.

I have made a tentative suggestion to the alliance that perhaps someone should visit you all and get a greater feel for your thoughts on the matter. It's up to the gov to make that call so I don't know if that is in their agenda or not as we have a lot on our plate. But regardless, you know I've visited your forum a number of times, and, though I am simply a rank-and-file, I will keep an ear receptive to what you have to say should you wish to say it.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317590706' post='2814095']
I have made a tentative suggestion to the alliance that perhaps someone should visit you all and get a greater feel for your thoughts on the matter. It's up to the gov to make that call so I don't know if that is in their agenda or not as we have a lot on our plate.
[/quote]
In all honesty, we would only mask ambassadors from Legion so we could flood the embassy with hate. If Legion are truly interested in making amends, you can post an apology for your alliances actions last war.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1317591505' post='2814115']
In all honesty, we would only mask ambassadors from Legion so we could flood the embassy with hate. If Legion are truly interested in making amends, you can post an apology for your alliances actions last war.
[/quote]

I have the impression that there was some bad blood that developed in the back chans during that war. As I'm not privy to those details, I cannot make any comment regarding that nor the appropriateness of making such an apology. But I do know that NSO are not unreasonable so I will hold out hope that some compromise beneficial to both of us can be reached. As making that happen is above my pay grade, I'll just wish you luck in finding that resolved to both of our satisfactions.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317582283' post='2813962']
!@#$%^&* and you know it. Legion has told your alliance multiple times to back your words up and all NSO govt has done/said is "That was just a member of NSO, they have the freedom of speech blah blah blah." Tl;dr back-peddling.
[/quote]

ROFL That's not even spin, that's an outright lie. I sat in on the last set of talks over the spying issue. Legion whined a little when they made their demands, NSO stayed firm saying that we're not giving you squat. Then you guys back-peddled from your whiny demands when you watched us build up to fighting capacity in two hours. Did you remember to change your soiled pants, or are you still sitting in them now?

Legion are cowards. We backed up our words, and you guys chickened out. We didn't need to fire a shot to win that war. We can insult your alliance, your lack of genitalia, and your lack of honor, and you just roll over and take it like a good boy. You can whine all you want, but at the end of the day everyone knows you'll never back your words up. And that is why Legion is NSO's !@#$%*.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317582283' post='2813962']
[/quote]
How did I miss this? Anyways, no. I was a part of the "negotiations" back when. There was no back peddling. Mostly it was Anthony asking if you guys would buy him Yankees season tickets as compensation for the slander put out by Legion. And then our Emperor posted a gigantic "$%&@ you" and you still did nothing. Please try again.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317592674' post='2814130']
I have the impression that there was some bad blood that developed in the back chans during that war.
[/quote]
Bad blood developed for multiple reasons. Would've been hard for it to have been in the back chans though, since it's not like Legion were ever !@#$@#$ in them. They refused to hit MK in defense of NPO, !@#$@#$ up our entire coalition strategy. The retarded "focus on GOONS" plan can be laid solely at their feet. Then, they hid in peace mode until it became clear in negotiations that they wouldn't get peace (or would be paying ridiculous reps) unless they came out. And then, instead of doing the militarily intelligent thing, like come out in a wave, or coordinate with anyone, they just started coming out in 1's and 2's. !@#$@#$ retarded. Legion's incompetence may not have cost us the war (we were never going to win) but we could have done much, much better if not for your alliance sucking so damn badly.

Edited by Varianz

[quote name='Trekwiz' timestamp='1317592730' post='2814131']
ROFL That's not even spin, that's an outright lie. I sat in on the last set of talks over the spying issue. Legion whined a little when they made their demands, NSO stayed firm saying that we're not giving you squat. Then you guys back-peddled from your whiny demands when you watched us build up to fighting capacity in two hours. Did you remember to change your soiled pants, or are you still sitting in them now?

Legion are cowards. We backed up our words, and you guys chickened out. We didn't need to fire a shot to win that war. We can insult your alliance, your lack of genitalia, and your lack of honor, and you just roll over and take it like a good boy. You can whine all you want, but at the end of the day everyone knows you'll never back your words up. And that is why Legion is NSO's !@#$%*.
[/quote]

Hmmph, and here I thought we were getting somewhere.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1317592982' post='2814138']
How did I miss this? Anyways, no. I was a part of the "negotiations" back when. There was no back peddling. Mostly it was Anthony asking if you guys would buy him Yankees season tickets as compensation for the slander put out by Legion. And then our Emperor posted a gigantic "$%&@ you" and you still did nothing. Please try again.

Bad blood developed for multiple reasons. Would've been hard for it to have been in the back chans though, since it's not like Legion were ever !@#$@#$ in them. They refused to hit MK in defense of NPO, !@#$@#$ up our entire coalition strategy. The retarded "focus on GOONS" plan can be laid solely at their feet. Then, they hid in peace mode until it became clear in negotiations that they wouldn't get peace (or would be paying ridiculous reps) unless they came out. And then, instead of doing the militarily intelligent thing, like come out in a wave, or coordinate with anyone, they just started coming out in 1's and 2's. !@#$@#$ retarded. Legion's incompetence may not have cost us the war (we were never going to win) but we could have done much, much better if not for your alliance sucking so damn badly.
[/quote]
Look, if Legion sucks so damn badly then you have nothing to lose in taking them on. You might even get what you want and draw Polar into a war. It's risky. Legion could decide to keep allies out and whoop your asses. It would look bad if NSO gets beat so bad that you have to call on mighty Tetris to assist you.

You want Legion so bad then you start the shootin.

[/quote]

Those are some stout claims, and it's well known that we didn't perform the best we could. There's really not much to say except that those are all things we are working on. There were some reasons as to why those actions were done, not all of them were our fault, but many of them were. There's no point in debating the minutia of blame because it has already been thrust squarely and entirely upon our shoulders and solidified by constant repetition. We will just shoulder it and improve. Only time and improved performance will absolve us of that poor showing.

If you are really that upset about it, you can either declare on us or work with us to bridge those misunderstandings and clear thsoe bad feelings. I've already displayed at least some of us are willing to do so. Holding onto a grudge won't do you, or us, any favors.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1317593730' post='2814155']
Look, if Legion sucks so damn badly then you have nothing to lose in taking them on. You might even get what you want and draw Polar into a war. It's risky. Legion could decide to keep allies out and whoop your asses. It would look bad if NSO gets beat so bad that you have to call on mighty Tetris to assist you.

You want Legion so bad then you start the shootin.
[/quote]
Please don't be retarded. First, Legion are 3x our size. I'm absolutely sure they're foaming at the mouth at the though of taking us on alliance vs. alliance because they know they'd win. Legion have always enjoyed easy fights, and shied away from anything resembling a uneven one. Numbers win in CN. We'd wreck their !@#$ and do disproportionate damage, but we'd lose. Duh. But we're having a grand old time taking a dump on their faces and having them politely thank us and hand us toilet paper.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1317594111' post='2814159']
Please don't be retarded. First, Legion are 3x our size. I'm absolutely sure they're foaming at the mouth at the though of taking us on alliance vs. alliance because they know they'd win. Legion have always enjoyed easy fights, and shied away from anything resembling a uneven one. Numbers win in CN. We'd wreck their !@#$ and do disproportionate damage, but we'd lose. Duh. But we're having a grand old time taking a dump on their faces and having them politely thank us and hand us toilet paper.
[/quote]

And if we declare on you, we get crushed by your allies, which would only be to your delight. So we are at a stalemate. But only one of us is acting like a child with their taunts. How do you think that makes you look?

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317594379' post='2814165']
And if we declare on you, we get crushed by your allies, which would only be to your delight. So we are at a stalemate. But only one of us is acting like a child with their taunts. How do you think that makes you look?
[/quote]
I know how it makes us look... <_<

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1317594111' post='2814159']
[/quote]
You're amazingly dense. If Legion would roll you, you would be calling in all your allies and making this an uneven war.

You would make this an easy fight for yourselves and call in your allies. Your logic is lacking and stupid.

Everything you rip Legion about is exactly what you would do.

Tell Bubba I said hello.

Edited by Jaiar

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1317594635' post='2814169']
I know how it makes us look... <_<
[/quote]

While OWF drama is perhaps fun for the spectators, I would propose to you, Emperor of the Sith, that we each have greater enemies at our peripheral, and that waving swords at each other dilutes our efforts at combating real threats. I will leave this thread now and reflect on these matters. Good day to you.

They refused to hit MK in defense of NPO, !@#$@#$ up our entire coalition strategy. The retarded "focus on GOONS" plan can be laid solely at their feet. Then, they hid in peace mode until it became clear in negotiations that they wouldn't get peace (or would be paying ridiculous reps) unless they came out.[/quote]

While I am sure you would like everyone (especially your own AA) to believe that it is quite simply a fabrication and you know it. The "coalition" was a joke to begin with after changing leadership multiple times, starts and stops, and no communication if you were on the outside of the private forum. This last bit alone led AA leaders to leave the NPO ordered PM earlier (including NSO) to get a quick surrender and peace. It was made clear from the beginning we were in it due to our treaty with NPO, NSO would not accept this and demanded they be defended by Legion even when Legion was still in PM awaiting coalition "orders" that never came until like everyone else we just said screw it and left PM. NSO never let up on how they wanted Legion to be their meatshield and cried about it when we said it was not going to happen.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317593970' post='2814158']
If you are really that upset about it, you can either declare on us or work with us to bridge those misunderstandings and clear thsoe bad feelings. I've already displayed at least some of us are willing to do so. Holding onto a grudge won't do you, or us, any favors.
[/quote]

While Kzoppistan would like to speak for the Legion making statements such as this, he does not. It would be wise for him to remember that fact in his stay with us.

As Proconsul of the Legion I however do speak for us, so allow me to make a statement:

[color="#800080"][i]I would not beat NSO with a wet chain if they were on fire.[/i][/color]

I believe that ties our views on each others AA's up nicely.

[quote name='Alexander Kerensky' timestamp='1317595909' post='2814184']While Kzoppistan would like to speak for the Legion making statements such as this, he does not. It would be wise for him to remember that fact in his stay with us.
[/quote]

Stop being mean to Mr. O, he said several times he didn't speak for us as a whole! :(

[quote name='Alexander Kerensky' timestamp='1317595909' post='2814184']
While I am sure you would like everyone (especially your own AA) to believe that it is quite simply a fabrication and you know it. The "coalition" was a joke to begin with after changing leadership multiple times, starts and stops, and no communication if you were on the outside of the private forum. This last bit alone led AA leaders to leave the NPO ordered PM earlier (including NSO) to get a quick surrender and peace. It was made clear from the beginning we were in it due to our treaty with NPO, NSO would not accept this and demanded they be defended by Legion even when Legion was still in PM awaiting coalition "orders" that never came until like everyone else we just said screw it and left PM. NSO never let up on how they wanted Legion to be their meatshield and cried about it when we said it was not going to happen.
[/quote]
"Quick surrender and peace" means 2 straight months of war in your books I guess. And we didn't want anyone to be our meatshields. We never asked you to declare in defense of us or anything, all we wanted was for you to carry your damn weight in the war, something you weren't doing from peace mode. I'm sure you felt all big and independent telling us you wouldn't leave peace mode, but it was cowardly as $%&@.
There was nothing stopping you from coordinating with the rest of us outside the forums- all the other people in the coalition somehow found a way to do so, why not Legion? NSO and NADC coordinated a couple waves of attacks, NSO and NPO, I think NPO and Invicta at one point, etc etc. I guess Legion were too incompetent to even get on IRC if you had that much trouble.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1317596733' post='2814192']
"Quick surrender and peace" means 2 straight months of war in your books I guess. And we didn't want anyone to be our meatshields. We never asked you to declare in defense of us or anything, all we wanted was for you to carry your damn weight in the war, something you weren't doing from peace mode. I'm sure you felt all big and independent telling us you wouldn't leave peace mode, but it was cowardly as $%&@.
There was nothing stopping you from coordinating with the rest of us outside the forums- all the other people in the coalition somehow found a way to do so, why not Legion? NSO and NADC coordinated a couple waves of attacks, NSO and NPO, I think NPO and Invicta at one point, etc etc. I guess Legion were too incompetent to even get on IRC if you had that much trouble.
[/quote]

You seem quick to forget NSO was in PM as well as you play your victim card. While you seem to love to say Legion hid in PM the fact of the mater is we are a low NS AA and everyone from our side put there 40k+ nations in PM. Unfortunately the big bad Legion you are making us out to be just did not have that many nation north of that line 10 months ago (we still do not) which really pokes holes in your argument. I am sure you tell yourself these things to keep up some form of bad guy so that NSO can rally against, after all its been 10 months you have to do something right?