Sup, Legion?

Hereno

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317765031' post='2816419']
Yes. And my feelings were hurt. A lot. And I cried a little.
[/quote]

We noticed as much. You should join the sith, you would quite like it there. You simply dont seem to fit in with the legion.

yes, that was a poaching attempt people. do something about it :smug:

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317764312' post='2816411']
So basically you have ignored just about everything I've posted and inserted your own straw man instead. I've already mentioned our part in the war and how it could have been better. I make no bones about it. And secondly, the government didn't accuse anyone of anything, it was a member posting on world affairs forum, not an alliance announcement. You keep trying to grasp one event and use it as some sort of advantage, when it was plain to see that you all had it out for us for quite a while. Now, maybe you took advantage of that member's post to justify an increase of negative OWF attacks, but I seriously doubt you were so greatly offended by that accusation, in fact, judging by those posts you seem more than happy to receive the attention because you knew it couldn't be proved.

Finally, I'm not painting the Legion as a "victim" if you are implying it as some sort of "oh woe is us". People make their own beds. We are, however, acting on the affront to our forums and privacy by a group that was bent on trying to humiliate us in public for their own amusement. Slander is expected from those of weak character, but receiving and disseminating private information is a gross violation on the sacred trust of home security and the basic respect of privacy that should be accorded to all alliances. That you so willfully support this infraction only means you will burn along with them. [/quote]
So saying we have our panties in a bunch about the war is you saying that your performance could have been better? Huh. Coz it seems to me like it's implying that we are complaining about nothing when it's been proven time and again that Legion hid as much of it's alliance away for as long as it could. Your war effort was nothing but a facade, a token effort so you could claim you defended your allies. Your actions lead to everyone else engaged on your side taking more damage and lessened the effectiveness of an already faltering strategy, a strategy you forced on the coalition with your refusal to commit your top tier against MK or Umbrella.

As for the accusation of spying leveled against us, it may not have been a government member posting the thread, but I seem to remember government members supporting his assertion. And the reason we keep coming back to that event is not because we see it as some great advantage but because that was what caused us to open the floodgates. While we were already pissed at the Legion for it's token war effort we were trying to maintain some level of civility due to our mutual ally. However when you chose to accuse us in public of something you had absolutely no proof of we suddenly felt no obligation to remain civil. So no, not offended so much as pissed off that an alliance like Legion would publicly slander us just after we'd spent a few months picking up their slack in a losing nuclear war. And so we rubbed your noses in your mistake repeatedly.

And no I didn't mean in a woe is me way, I meant in the sense that you're trying to blame NSO for this whole situation when it was in fact two actions of the Legion which led us here. Your war performance and your accusation of spying. And by the way, the info Tetris disseminated was already public. But we'll see who burns, right?

[quote]Epic failure is dissolution. Like all alliances, the Legion has had its ups and downs, some higher and lower than others. Rolling over is epic fail. Giving up is epic fail. But the fact that you have a burning desire to so paint us in such a negative light can only be explained by your need to also follow the "advice" of your quote. A sad display of someone with who possess no distinguishable characteristics but that of spite.

May peace be upon your tortured soul.[/quote]
AFAIK, Legion hasn't had an up for 4 years. And epic fail was meant in that context as the image of your alliance. You are seen as terrible therefore you get bridge-dwelled for it. So it's not so much a burning desire as it is time and opportunity.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317765830' post='2816426']snip[/quote]

There's no new information in there to address, except that you admitted that you "opened the floodgates" about an accusation that seemed probable but could not be proved one way or the other, and the fact that those screenshot [i]were posted[/i] by one of your members in blatant provocation.

We each have our reasons, WC, and only war will solve it now.

[quote]
AFAIK, Legion hasn't had an up for 4 years. And epic fail was meant in that context as the image of your alliance. You are seen as terrible therefore you get bridge-dwelled for it. So it's not so much a burning desire as it is time and opportunity.
[/quote]

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317677477' post='2814795']
Reiterations of the past, do not a future make.
[/quote]

:nuke: Enough talk! Let us fight! :nuke:

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317766590' post='2816437']
There's no new information in there to address, except that you admitted that you "opened the floodgates" about an accusation that seemed probable but could not be proved one way or the other, and the fact that those screenshot [i]were posted[/i] by one of your members in blatant provocation.

We each have our reasons, WC, and only war will solve it now.

:nuke: Enough talk! Let us fight! :nuke:
[/quote]
I seem to remember us proving fairly definitively that Varianz didn't spy on you, but whatever. If you're unwilling to acknowledge Legion's role in the treatment they got from NSO then I'll leave it at that.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317767150' post='2816443']
I seem to remember us proving fairly definitively that Varianz didn't spy on you, but whatever. If you're unwilling to acknowledge Legion's role in the treatment they got from NSO then I'll leave it at that.
[/quote]

I'll go so far as to say that the dislike between our alliances is mutually deserved, respective of our own individual view points. There's nothing for it now, but to battle for the glory of our flags.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Hymenbreach' timestamp='1317768526' post='2816453']
NSO and Legion are like two fat kids in the schoolyard pushing each other and saying 'You hit me first!', except NSO has its eye on its bigger friends to make sure they come in when it gets a bruised lip.

Legion, for the love of God, do something. Lose a war, it's not like it'll be your first. At least people will see that you had a heart.
[/quote]
Yes, NSO with all its big friends. I think all our allies are the same size or smaller than we are with the exception of TPF.

Also, have you seen alliance politics lately? Something's going on that you might want to check out.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317768813' post='2816460']
Yes, NSO with all its big friends. I think all our allies are the same size or smaller than we are with the exception of TPF.

Also, have you seen alliance politics lately? Something's going on that you might want to check out.
[/quote]

Yeah, I edited. Though, I don't think I can be blamed for not expecting war from Legion. And I count myself as a Legion lover.

ps: it's not my fault you lost allies since I was last interested in world affairs, is it? :P

Edited by Hymenbreach

• 2 weeks later...