Hi y'all! :D

Cinnabar

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1310040905' post='2751306']
Pro-tip: Don't try and reform the United States of America and we'll be fine.

Welcome to CNRP, Sister.
[/quote]
Yup.

You can have an unofficial aggressive land-grabbing policy, but as long as you don't have the USA name, push everyone's limit, and have some IC friends, you'll be fine. See Shadowsage or Tyriun for an example.

If you do use USA as the name, regardless of your actions and policies, Pravus Ingruo will give you the silent treatment with an embargo tossed in and some harsh words at minimal, outright immediate stomping at worst.

Edited by HHAYD

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1310042851' post='2751314']
Yup.

You can have an unofficial aggressive land-grabbing policy, but as long as you don't have the USA name, push everyone's limit, and have some IC friends, you'll be fine. See Shadowsage or Tyriun for an example.

If you do use USA as the name, regardless of your actions and policies, Pravus Ingruo will give you the silent treatment with an embargo tossed in and some harsh words at minimal, outright immediate stomping at worst.
[/quote]

Christ dude she is a newbie, dont scare her away. Either be nice and just say hello like everyone else, or don't post at all.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1310042851' post='2751314']
Yup.

[/quote]

When was my aggressive policy not official? I'm just better at political marketing than you.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1310054740' post='2751393']
Christ dude she is a newbie, dont scare her away. Either be nice and just say hello like everyone else, or don't post at all.
[/quote]
And who are you to say who should post or not?

It is the duty of people to show new players the reality of CNRP. Instead of leaving them alone while they have some idealized view in place, we must make new players realize that CNRP is mostly a hardcore game of realpolitik. Yes, there are bits and pieces of nice, warm, fuzzy calmness, but the absolute majority is about power, pure and simple. It can be political influence, it can be military hardware, it can be cultural soft power, but in the end this RP is a political simulator.

To NOT advise of the possible dangers a player faces while establish a nation here is unbecoming of what we, the current players, should be doing.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1310054740' post='2751393']
[/quote]
It's either we show the hard truth or let new RPers figure out it themselves, and it often doesn't end well. Has there been a time where we ICly showed kindness to a new RPer who had no idea what he/she was doing? I don't ever remember us ever doing that.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1310057577' post='2751424']
When was my aggressive policy not official? I'm just better at political marketing than you.
[/quote]
Openly announcing that you will pursue aggressive land-grabbing=official

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='Cinnabar' timestamp='1309991471' post='2750752']
Hi everyone! I'm new here. Lol~
Just wanted to say hi and see how everyone is and what you like about the game best? :D

Here's just some quick stuff about me, so i'm not so much of a stranger -
I've just started my summer holidays and, whilst waiting to hear back about whether I've got into uni to study Fine Art or not (yikes) my friend introduced me to Cybernations. I'm still learning the ropes and (now that it's starting to make sense) I'm getting to quite enjoy it! ^_^
I'm not a very good speller/ typer so please bare with me! :)
Aaaaand. I'm a girl! Yey! :D lol I hear we're rare around these parts? D:
Well I'll leave it there as I'm not really sure what else to say at the moment. XD It's very nice to meet you all! If anybody has any tips for me, I will accept them with many thanks and I hope to see you in RPing :D

-free virtual hugs for all- :P
[/quote]

Welcome to the game. ^_^

You're friend has been trying to get you in a Trade Circle on the Harbor Board: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103049

As far as being a girl in Cybernations (CN for short), it's not as rare. In fact there's a whole Alliance that is mostly made up of women named Amazon Nation: http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_display_alliances.asp?Alliance=Amazon%20Nation

They used to be much bigger though.

Anyway, welcome and be a little cautions posting on the official CN Forums here as some things are Warn and Ban worthy. Does your Alliance have its own Message Board? If so use it more.

Yeah, once you get into things on CN you'll see that it's fun. :)

Fine Arts major ehh? Great! We have a lot of Arts and GPX people in CN (I myself am a long time GPX person).

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1310022525' post='2751239']
Sumer and Maddy?
[/quote]
Sumer was someone who did some stuff with Japanese stuff. I think. Then she was banned? I forgot.

Maddy made a nation called Girltopia and enslaved men. She was rolled, obviously. Then she moved on to a different one before dying of inactivity.

Theres telling the truth and being a dick by scaring her off... and theres just being polite and saying hello to her like she has done to you.
@Kankou and HHAYD, not everyone is a powerhungry ego maniac who thrives on the misery of others. Some people just like to write and share it with people. The fantasy board is NOT just for CNRP.

Its not about showing ICly kindness either HHAYD, its being polite in an OOCly thread to somebody introducing herself.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1310063010' post='2751505']Theres telling the truth and being a dick by scaring her off... and theres just being polite and saying hello to her like she has done to you.[/quote]
I would say you're being a D**K to HHAYD and hyper-protective towards Cinnabar. If she's scared off by a simple advice, then she isn't the material to be RPing in the first place.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1310063010' post='2751505']not everyone is a powerhungry ego maniac who thrives on the misery of others. Some people just like to write and share it with people. The fantasy board is NOT just for CNRP.[/quote]
It's dominated (if not monopolized) by CNRP, and unless Cinnabar wants to RP by herself, she will have to take into consideration the supposed "ego maniacs" you mentioned.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1310063010' post='2751505']Its not about showing ICly kindness either HHAYD, its being polite in an OOCly thread to somebody introducing herself. [/quote]
HHAYD has been polite, especially compared to the others.

Anyway.... Cinnabar, if you want any advice, just shoot me a PM. I'll try my best to inform you of CNRP politics.

Well I've just read everyone's responses and considered each viewpoint individually. :)
Thanks to everyone for the advice, warnings etc.
And with regards to scaring me off etc. I'd say: You shouldn't be worried at all about scaring me off with the 'reality' of CN, but rather... bearing with me as I get overwhelmed with info and options. (This is not a positive or negative statement by the way)
I can see we have many very distinct characters here and I'd like to try my best to get along with you all and find my place! ;)
Once again... thanks for all the tips! ^___^

hello and i can't spell worth a crap eather thank god for spell :blink: check even thow it has no idea what im saying.. :lol1: .and the emotes <_< ...keep them going who cares what others think. :unsure: .its your post.....i dont use them myself much but for you i will :lol1:

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1310082721' post='2751762']
I like tying up the guys of CNRP and walking them with a leash around their neck.
[/quote]

True story, she took me to the park once and had me pee on a fire hydrant. Lunch had a lot to be desired though.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1310082721' post='2751762']
I like tying up the guys of CNRP and walking them with a leash around their neck.
[/quote]
Lately, it seems that it hasn't worked out so well for you ICly.

[i]*Looks at your sad, smoldering wreak of your Greater Korean Federation...*[/i]

Edited by HHAYD