Mutual Aggression and Hate on Legion and Invicta Pact

Jgoods45

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1309618042' post='2746871']
Damn you and your voice of reason. But yeah. We had our shots, Legion you had yours. Hell, you guys could blatantly admit to spying on WorldConqueror and Weebland and I wouldn't even care- I'd probably applaud you :v:
[/quote]
I, however, am still full of rage. $90M for counseling, and we'll call it quits?

Damn you and your voice of reason. But yeah. We had our shots, Legion you had yours. Hell, you guys could blatantly admit to spying on WorldConqueror and Weebland and I wouldn't even care- I'd probably applaud you :v:
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Except it was Damsky. Legion doesn't have his balls.

This was enjoyable though.[/color]

[/quote]
oh oh oh got anyone in my range?! im not using my slots :v

The most interesting philosophical question this thread poses would be whether or not if those spying on Legion switched over to spying away all those cruise missiles their upper tier has, are they damaging Legion, or are they providing a service?

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1309636185' post='2747063']
The most interesting philosophical question this thread poses would be whether or not if those spying on Legion switched over to spying away all those cruise missiles their upper tier has, are they damaging Legion, or are they providing a service?
[/quote]

Considering the way this is all playing out, the only way to find out is to make a poll and ask everyone to vote on it.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' timestamp='1309619333' post='2746877']Nations with no history (started in March? Oh Ho) railing how terrible the Legion has always been.[/quote]

Because rerolls don't exist and it's impossible to learn history, right? Have fun being "above it all."

P.S., the "Whoever's been around longest is right" argument is pretty terrible.

[OOC:]It's similar to when older folks claim that their age means they know better, that you'll agree with them once you're their age, etc. It's just a really bad argument, so please, put it to rest.[/OOC]

Edited by Sniper Joe

[quote name='Sniper Joe' timestamp='1309643340' post='2747121']
Because rerolls don't exist and it's impossible to learn history, right? Have fun being "above it all."

[OOC:]It's similar to when older folks claim that their age means they know better, that you'll agree with them once you're their age, etc. It's just a really bad argument, so please, put it to rest.[/OOC]
[/quote]
This coming from a nation made in 2011. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smug.gif[/img]

EDIT: In reality, however, I agree with you.

Edited by Bob Ilyani

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1309644822' post='2747135']
This coming from a nation made in 2011. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smug.gif[/img]

EDIT: In reality, however, I agree with you.
[/quote]

:(( Bob :((

[quote name='Sniper Joe' timestamp='1309643340' post='2747121']

[/quote]

Recieved wisdom is the best wisdom, right?

[quote name='Hymenbreach' timestamp='1309619333' post='2746877']
Nations with no history (started in March? Oh Ho) railing how terrible the Legion has always been.
[/quote]

It's always funny to see people act as though newer players actually studying their history is illegal or something...but you really [i]aren't [/i]doing Legion any favors with the holier-than-thou routine.

Tbf, you just look like a pretentious prick.

Edit: Assuming you were actually trying to defend Legion of course, instead of just trying to show how ~superior~ you think you are.

Edited by Aurion

Under an agreement that the supplier of this info remain unanoymous, I am hereby releasing another Legion spy ops:

[quote][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of Das Welt. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:[/size][/color][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]
Desired Religion: Jainism
Desired Government: Republic
Threat Level: Severe
Tax Rate: 28%
Number of Spies: 16
Last Nuke Purchase: None
Last Wonder Purchase: 6/11/2011
Total Money: $80,006,206
Technology: 0.22 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 7/1/2011 1:58:23 AM
Trade Partners: wussys, Alburnette, Cherry Hill, Pocky, Far Away
Secret Aid Sent To: None
Total Aircraft: 0
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 0
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 0
Navy Purchases Today: 0
Navy Vessels:
# Corvettes: 0
# Landing Ships: 0
# Battleships: 0
# Cruisers: 0
# Frigates: 0
# Destroyers: 0
# Submarines: 0
# Aircraft Carriers: 0

[/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Your spies returned home unharmed and unidentified.[/size][/color][/quote]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1309751625' post='2748120']
[color="#0000FF"]Just be sure to keep in mind that one nation is not representative of the Legion.[/color]
[/quote]
However, 4 or 5 nations from Legion does, right?

Edited by Feuersturm

[quote name='Feuersturm' timestamp='1309757547' post='2748176']
However, 4 or 5 nations from Legion does, right?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I would say that those four or five nations do. Based on reports from battle with Legion from GOONS, MK, and CnG members, as well as my own personal experience (on both sides of the field). Legion's ineptitude is as well known as Sparta's, although Legion takes theirs to an entirely unheard of level. I will not doubt that Legion has a few scattered nations that are prepared for war, just as most alliances tend to have a handful of a scattered nations that are unprepared.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1309760606' post='2748217']
[color="#0000FF"]I would say that those four or five nations do. Based on reports from battle with Legion from GOONS, MK, and CnG members, as well as my own personal experience (on both sides of the field). Legion's ineptitude is as well known as Sparta's, although Legion takes theirs to an entirely unheard of level. I will not doubt that Legion has a few scattered nations that are prepared for war, just as most alliances tend to have a handful of a scattered nations that are unprepared.[/color]
[/quote]

You must have missed the other thread going right now where Sparta has been bragging about kicking AZTEC's butt so badly last war.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1309762822' post='2748232']
You must have missed the other thread going right now where Sparta has been bragging about kicking AZTEC's butt so badly last war.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]No. I've seen it, and I've ignored it. As much as I dislike Sparta, a comparison to Legion would be unfair to both. Sparta because they are nowhere near Legion's caliber, and Legion because it has worked so diligently to become the joke that it is. It would be unfair to hand crown over to Sparta when they have so much more to prove.

Still, some remarkable similarities between those alliances. Both are inept jokes and liabilities to their coalitions, yet when the fighting is done they'll start yammering about how great of fighters they are. I suppose every side has to have at least one like that.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1309763402' post='2748238']
[color="#0000FF"]No. I've seen it, and I've ignored it. As much as I dislike Sparta, a comparison to Legion would be unfair to both. Sparta because they are nowhere near Legion's caliber, and Legion because it has worked so diligently to become the joke that it is. It would be unfair to hand crown over to Sparta when they have so much more to prove.

Still, some remarkable similarities between those alliances. Both are inept jokes and liabilities to their coalitions, yet when the fighting is done they'll start yammering about how great of fighters they are. I suppose every side has to have at least one like that.[/color]
[/quote]

Sparta are decent actually. They have a pretty solid upper tier and they were helpful to us (ODN) in BiPolar. They're mostly seen as a crappy alliance because of their political decisions in the past but that doesn't have any correlation with their stats and general war-readiness.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1309746603' post='2748046']
It's always funny to see people act as though newer players actually studying their history is illegal or something...but you really [i]aren't [/i]doing Legion any favors with the holier-than-thou routine.

Tbf, you just look like a pretentious prick.

Edit: Assuming you were actually trying to defend Legion of course, instead of just trying to show how ~superior~ you think you are.
[/quote]

I only seem superior because I am. ;)

But I'd rather be a pretentious prick capable of making up my own mind that another monkey in the peanut gallery pulling the thong of the lead monkeys like RV and the like.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' timestamp='1309772234' post='2748281']
I only seem superior because I am. ;)

But I'd rather be a pretentious prick capable of making up my own mind that another monkey in the peanut gallery pulling the thong of the lead monkeys like RV and the like.
[/quote]

Do you have any idea how great an honor it is to pull the thong of the great Rebel Virginia? Men would kill for the privilege.