Athens Announcement

spellingfixcopy.png

Optional Defense Pacts seem to be a dying breed. Athens holds ODP level treaties with 5 alliances, The Sasori Initiative, We are Perth Army, Knights of Cydonia, Mostly Harmless Alliance and the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization.

Last night, notice of cancellation was served to two of these treaty partners, the Knights of Cydonia and The Sasori Initiative. Because wild speculation will immediately ensue if we fail to provide an explanation, we will also communicate the reasons for those cancellations to the Cyberverse.

First of all, the ODP with Knights of Cydonia. There are no hard feelings between us, the communication on both ends of this treaty simply dropped away. The people who are running KoC now are not the people with whom we signed the treaty, and we do not yet know the new government.

Secondly the ODP with The Sasori Initiative. In accordance with this treaty, TSI was privy to information from Athens that we only share with our allies. We are rather unhappy with how TSI handled said information. On two separate occasions during and after the Karma war, this information made its way into the hands of our enemies, who then used it to wage a propaganda war against Athens. To allow this to happen a third time would be rather foolish of us, and so we are cancelling this treaty.

/s/

The Athenian Government

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always sad to see trust taken advantage of, but I guess that's how the rock rolls.

Too bad about the KoC communications, that; it happens to everyone.

Regardless, it's always a little nice to see the treaty web get a bit less tangled.

Jittery jumpin' jackrabbits! REASONS FOR CANCELLATIONS!

Dude, that's amazingly awesome, in and of itself.

o/ to my good buddies in Athens. Also o/ to the complete strangers in Athens, you all sound like a bunch of solid dudes.

Good move guys.

Shame on you twice over, TSI, though the cliche of "The apple doesnt fall far from the tree" shouldve been considered before giving them ANYTHING

EDIT: Whos selling the popcorn? I'd like to purchase some for i forsee this thread becoming good

Edited by wickedj

Well, I'm not sure of how any information leaked to any sources, as Athens conveniently told us absolutely nothing during the last war.

Needless to say I agree that our PIAT clause of our ODP was definitely violated. As to which side, I'm sure we shall disagree on.

Edited by Shurukian

spellingfixcopy.png

Secondly the ODP with The Sasori Initiative. In accordance with this treaty, TSI was privy to information from Athens that we only share with our allies. We are rather unhappy with how TSI handled said information. On two separate occasions during and after the Karma war, this information made its way into the hands of our enemies, who then used it to wage a propaganda war against Athens. To allow this to happen a third time would be rather foolish of us, and so we are cancelling this treaty.

I have yet to locate the truth in this statement. You never call, we barely talk; this long-distance relationship can't go on like this, Londo. To accuse us of sharing information that you trust us with is simply low, as I have no heard anything of Athenian affairs since the start of the war in general; being a member of government, I can only assume that we are constantly informed of this private information, which we did not receive too often. We honor our allies and their privacy, as others can vouch, so this is rather out of the blue.

Let me make this clear, so that everyone understands what's going on. We at TSI have recently voted on dropping our treaty with Athens simply because there was a lack of communication between the both of us; simply put, it wasn't working out. For Athens to have the balls to fabricate such an excuse as us giving away their private information is both unsavory and ludicrous. I assume we are both basing it on the same lack of communication, and that we were separately planning the same thing, except that you beat us to the post.

I'm fairly disappointed that things turned out this way; when we started the treaty, we were all around good friends. But this whole lack of communication, along with the Karma War, forced our two alliances apart. But seeing the accusations that Athens so ungraciously laid upon us, it is now no wonder to me as to why things are the way they are now.

Edited by Adam Suttler

I can't help but notice the =LOST= - Athens PIAT isn't on this list....it's almost like you've forgotten about us ^_^

I think that's a ToA actually. And if it's a PIAT, it's not an ODP. BUT WHO CARES BOBBY YOU'RE IN MY SIG BABY. :D

Edited by Londo Mollari