Announcement from the Blackstone Commission

PotFace

[center][img]http://www.blackstonecommission.com/bcomseal.png[/img][/center]

Fellow citizens of Bob,

If you want to have a home, then it’s imperative that you periodically do something (anything) to help keep it standing. It doesn’t matter what programs you have in place, what your training curriculum is like, what team color you choose, how good your graphics are, or how much effort you make into foreign investments. The Blackstone Commission is a text-book example of what happens when faced with a simple lack of motivation and enthusiasm.

Although it would be feasible to continue taking up space in Bob’s treaty web as long as we desire to, today it is clear that it would be entirely pointless to. We reached a height of 32 members, yet today we aren’t much better off than we were when we established ourselves as an alliance in April. It would be unfair to our allies to continue on this path that we’ve been on over the last several months, as we simply aren’t able to return the same care and concern that has been so graciously given to us by our treaty partners. This, combined with the notion that Bob’s active citizens are spread entirely too thin over a vast array of alliances; as well as the ever-present “RL” which lingers over us all, it’s finally time for us to come to terms with the notion that growth simply will not come for the Commission and that our time and attention would be better spent on more deserving teams, doing our part, however small or otherwise insignificant it may be to consolidate activity.

By the authority of our charter, I hereby terminate all treaties and formally disband the Blackstone Commission indefinitely. It’s high-time that the cyberverse enter into an “Age of Accountability”. Any homeless BCOM member is now entirely unprotected as a product of their own malaise.

No Deposit, No Return

[img]http://www.blackstonecommission.com/forums/images/potface.png[/img]
Executive Director
Blackstone Commission

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1293392269' post='2554506']
Good luck finding new homes. I hope you gave the 32 members enough time to find new alliances and that this announcement is not as sudden as it appears. Anyways, good luck.
[/quote]

BCOM doesn't have 32 members. And BCOM gave them the equal of what they gave BCOM.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1293392391' post='2554508']
Celestial Being will be protecting the Blackstone Commission members for a period of 7 days beginning today.

Do not raid.
[/quote]
For arguments's sake, PotFace's reasoning behind the lack of protection is very well put: "No deposit, no return." Why do you believe that you should supercede his authority on this matter?

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1293392560' post='2554513']
For arguments's sake, PotFace's reasoning behind the lack of protection is very well put: "No deposit, no return." Why do you believe that you should supercede his authority on this matter?
[/quote]

Because I can and want to.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1293392560' post='2554513']
[/quote]

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1293392773' post='2554516']
That's kind of a dick move, he wants to punish his former lazy members, why not let him?
[/quote]

I'm not seeking "punishment" for lazy members - I'm simply demonstrating that you get out what you put in. As the Commission has disbanded, their fate will be determined by the tides. If the tides happen to be gracious, well, more power to them. If not, then it's their own faults. I do, however, encourage the cyberverse to understand that serving up nice things to thankless people is a poor investment, and encourages stagnation.