A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1300601930' post='2670904']
uh, what? so you accuse umbrella of not changing because of something that happened 4 years ago because of the culture (or whatever), but then say that you have changed (note: using the same reasoning NFLgeneric was - 'barely anyone is left, it's all history etc)?

although the word hypocrisy is overused on these forums, i feel its aptly applied in this case.
[/quote]

Umbrella hasn't changed because their aggressive behaviour 4 years ago matches their even more aggressive behaviour today.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1300601930' post='2670904']
uh, what? so you accuse umbrella of not changing because of something that happened 4 years ago because of the culture (or whatever), but then say that you have changed (note: using the same reasoning NFLgeneric was - 'barely anyone is left, it's all history etc)?

although the word hypocrisy is overused on these forums, i feel its aptly applied in this case.
[/quote]

Ummm I brought up GPA because Johnny Apocalypse had his little rant about how "you people rolled the GPA" or whatever rubbish it was he said. I merely pointed out that Umbrella also rolled the GPA, along with VE and TOP and FOK and others on your side of the treaty web these days.

Then AAAAAAAAAAAGGGG brought up a bunch of stuff from 4 years ago about us saying we were still the same but Umbrella had changed. Yet we've done nothing like we used to in years and have sought to repair relations with people while Umbrella is involved in this pre-empt of an alliance who was essentially neutral in the last war.

So don't give me that "you are a hypocrite" line unless you are very happy to call AAAAAAAAAAAGGGG the same.

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1300602358' post='2670911']
well let's see, TOP was in The Continuum, followed NPO around like a whipped pup,
TOP attacks NPO in Karma, TOP attacks NPO AGAIN in THIS war.
better win lest they decide your not powerful enough to chum around with anymore.
[/quote]
Note: TOP did not attack the NPO in Karma or in this war.

So with that fixed up your post reads: "well let's see, TOP was in The Continuum, followed NPO around like a whipped pup,"

well my oh my, that proves TOP will be attacking us shortly!

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1300602420' post='2670915']
Ummm I brought up GPA because Johnny Apocalypse had his little rant about how "you people rolled the GPA" or whatever rubbish it was he said. I merely pointed out that Umbrella also rolled the GPA, along with VE and TOP and FOK and others on your side of the treaty web these days.

Then AAAAAAAAAAAGGGG brought up a bunch of stuff from 4 years ago about us saying we were still the same but Umbrella had changed. Yet we've done nothing like we used to in years and have sought to repair relations with people while Umbrella is involved in this pre-empt of an alliance who was essentially neutral in the last war.

So don't give me that "you are a hypocrite" line unless you are very happy to call AAAAAAAAAAAGGGG the same.
[/quote]
yeah that's cool and all, but i wasn't addressing the circular argument about gpa/npo/umbrella. i was saying your reasoning is identical to each other, and therefore if you are claiming that the same reasoning applies to one and not the other (note: you are), then you are a hypocrite.

Guest avenger218

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1300602438' post='2670916']
Care to explain when this happened?
[/quote]
the TOPpers that attacked NPO are GOONS now.
It happened early on.

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1300601135' post='2670896']
[url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Green_Protection_Agency_Declaration_of_Neutrality"]GPA Declaration of Neutrality[/url]

[url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Continuum"]The Continuum[/url]

[url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/BLEU"]BLEU[/url]

[url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/WUT"]WUT[/url]

If the strongest kind of treaty, a power bloc isn't gonna keep alliances from attacking eachother, the weakest of all treaties, NAPs isn't going to keep TOP off of you at some later date.
[/quote]

Umbrella and TOP have a long history, and although we have had some major bumps lately, I highly doubt we would "roll" up on Umbrella any time soon. I also highly doubt DH will be going after DR. Although that scenario is probably the only one in which you would see your prophecy come true.

Really though, you need to catch up with the times, and stop taking that kool aid your alliance mates are feeding you. At least let them argue the point so it has some merit.

Guest avenger218

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1300602764' post='2670921']

So with that fixed up your post reads: "well let's see, TOP was in The Continuum, followed NPO around like a whipped pup,"

yeah that's cool and all, but i wasn't addressing the circular argument about gpa/npo/umbrella. i was saying your reasoning is identical to each other, and therefore if you are claiming that the same reasoning applies to one and not the other (note: you are), then you are a hypocrite.
[/quote]
TOP was in Citadel when they hit NPO.

[quote name='foxfire99' timestamp='1300601592' post='2670898']
No. They would have leaked the request and ridiculed it on the OWF for weeks. Even that apology was pretty clearly a PR stunt. NPO does not have the relationship with FAN you seem to portray.
[/quote]
NPO does not have a relationship with FAN. However they do truly regret those past decisions. I am relatively new here. My nations is less than 2 year old and I spent well over 6 months on None. TPF has changed much since I joined let alone before then. We have a bright and promising future ahead of us. And I will make sure we walk tall and abide by word such as Loyalty, Integrity, and Honor.

Guest avenger218

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1300602936' post='2670924']
Umbrella and TOP have a long history, and although we have had some major bumps lately, I highly doubt we would "roll" up on Umbrella any time soon. I also highly doubt DH will be going after DR. Although that scenario is probably the only one in which you would see your prophecy come true.

Really though, you need to catch up with the times, and stop taking that kool aid your alliance mates are feeding you. At least let them argue the point so it has some merit.
[/quote]
How would they have any more merit than I do?
this whole thing is going on because you guys attacked NPO for no reason whatsoever
and now you're trying to justify it.

[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1300598963' post='2670859']
um, isn't that your whole reason for attacking NPO? Did you really just shoot holes in your own CB? I mean come on, you guys changed but nobody else did?
[/quote]
You might have a point if Umb hadn't gone out of their way to prove that they have changed and will openly admit that GPA was attacked over !@#$%^&* charges. To this day, there are three alliances involved in the war on GPA whose haven't admitted to me that the war was full of !@#$; NPO, TPF and 64digits (being as I fought for GPA, this tends to be something I follow). It's no coincidence that you're also the only 3 alliances involved in the war on GPA that are fighting DH now.

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1300602358' post='2670911']
well let's see, TOP was in The Continuum, followed NPO around like a whipped pup,
TOP attacks NPO in Karma, TOP attacks NPO AGAIN in THIS war.
better win lest they decide your not powerful enough to chum around with anymore.
[/quote]
TOP has never been in a state of war with NPO.

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1300602963' post='2670925']
TOP was in Citadel when they hit NPO.
[/quote]
This is the first time an alliance that was ever a member of Cit has been at war with NPO.

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1300603252' post='2670932']
You might have a point if Umb hadn't gone out of their way to prove that they have changed and will openly admit that GPA was attacked over !@#$%^&* charges.
[/quote]

Actions speak louder than words. If you go on to attack an alliance over no charges whatsoever, then mere words - and politically convenient ones at that - are overshadowed by present aggression.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1300602764' post='2670921']

[/quote]

So AAAAAAAAAAGGGG is a hypocrite. Thanks!

Guest avenger218

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1300603252' post='2670932']
You might have a point if Umb hadn't gone out of their way to prove that they have changed and will openly admit that GPA was attacked over !@#$%^&* charges. To this day, there are three alliances involved in the war on GPA whose haven't admitted to me that the war was full of !@#$; NPO, TPF and 64digits (being as I fought for GPA, this tends to be something I follow). It's no coincidence that you're also the only 3 alliances involved in the war on GPA that are fighting DH now.

TOP has never been in a state of war with NPO.

This is the first time an alliance that was ever a member of Cit has been at war with NPO.
[/quote]
Look at the Karma side.
http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Karma_war

If TOP didn't fight maybe you should remove your name and flag from that list.
every alliance on the Hegemony side was a proxy extension of NPO so attacking them was
an attack on Pacifica.

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1300603121' post='2670931']
How would they have any more merit than I do?
this whole thing is going on because you guys attacked NPO for no reason whatsoever
and now you're trying to justify it.
[/quote]

avenger218, I appreciate that you are trying to argue your points, but you might need a little assistance in your facts.

This is the CN Wiki:

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

It has a whole lot of interesting reading, like alliances, history of past wars, ect., and, it will arm you with at least some of the necessary info to better articulate your stance. For the record, TOP has not attacked NPO in this current conflict and nor have any members that I know of joined GOONS to do so. If you have evidence to the contrary, put it forth, otherwise you're going to look very foolish pursuing this line of argument.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1300603528' post='2670937']
Look at the Karma side.

every alliance on the Hegemony side was a proxy extension of NPO so attacking them was
an attack on Pacifica.
[/quote]

You're pretending to be this stupid right?

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1300603388' post='2670935']
Actions speak louder than words. If you go on to attack an alliance over no charges whatsoever, then mere words - and politically convenient ones at that - are overshadowed by present aggression.
[/quote]
We did in fact have quite the list of charges but if it makes you sleep better at night, you're free to deny it. Just remember, the world isn't going to forgive your wrongs until you stop trying to bury them.

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1300603528' post='2670937']
Look at the Karma side.

an attack on Pacifica.
[/quote]
You're really reaching now.

TOP has never directly attacked NPO it's true. Merely supported those who did both militarily and financially in the last two wars that have been waged against NPO. Ironically for the "crimes" that TOP helped NPO commit if you believe one of the 5 or 6 CB's DH is floating around these days.

Guest avenger218

[quote name='NorthernLights' timestamp='1300603616' post='2670939']
You're pretending to be this stupid right?
[/quote]
You guys are being stupid by blindly following MK around like a whipped pup.
when MK declared this war you guys didn't so much as question the CB, you just attacked.
you guys attacked based on the weakest of all evidence, IRC logs.
just because you're not bombing Pacifican cities doesn't mean you're not fighting them.
aiding MK so they can buy bombs to air mail to Pacifica is the same as fighting them directly.
TOP has never stood on her own, you guys always ride the coat tails of the dominant alliances of the day. TOP is, has been and always will be tools.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1300603637' post='2670941']
We did in fact have quite the list of charges but if it makes you sleep better at night, you're free to deny it. Just remember, the world isn't going to forgive your wrongs until you stop trying to bury them.
[/quote]

"We want revenge" and "We consider you a threat" may be reasons (albeit bad ones), but they are not charges. Charges require an actual act of war, of which there was none.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1300602143' post='2670907']
and here i was thinking alterego was delusional. considering most of our opponents have lost 50% of their NS, short of actually fighting ourselves, losing would be fairly difficult at this stage~
[/quote]

We aren't the only ones losing NS.

Guest avenger218

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1300603567' post='2670938']
avenger218, I appreciate that you are trying to argue your points, but you might need a little assistance in your facts.

This is the CN Wiki:

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

It has a whole lot of interesting reading, like alliances, history of past wars, ect., and, it will arm you with at least some of the necessary info to better articulate your stance. For the record, TOP has not attacked NPO in this current conflict and nor have any members that I know of joined GOONS to do so. If you have evidence to the contrary, put it forth, otherwise you're going to look very foolish pursuing this line of argument.
[/quote]
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=431991&Extended=0

There's a few like him that are listed under TOP wars aswell, which means they attacked under the TOP AA and changed their AA mid war.