An Announcement from The Phoenix Federation

Roadie

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all openly admit that the issue is resolved, but does not negate the reason why this thread is sadly needed. This is being posted as a direct response to the issue even arising in the first place. It is being posted as a clear display so that the issue isn't repeated. This was requested, and I don't think any points were trying to be scored by stating the reason why this is being posted up late and in it's own thread after being mentioned in another thread.

o/ AE - look forward to smooth (from now on) sailing.

GK

We all openly admit that the issue is resolved, but does not negate the reason why this thread is sadly needed. This is being posted as a direct response to the issue even arising in the first place. It is being posted as a clear display so that the issue isn't repeated. This was requested, and I don't think any points were trying to be scored by stating the reason why this is being posted up late and in it's own thread after being mentioned in another thread.

o/ AE - look forward to smooth (from now on) sailing.

GK

If TPF wasn't attempting to score points on an issue I resolved days ago they wouldn't mention GOONS at all. They would have posted their protectorate announcement and this would merely be a one page thread. I understand TPF has a proud history of beating their chest in self-righteous anger but nobody has bought their spiel in years.

If TPF wasn't attempting to score points on an issue I resolved days ago they wouldn't mention GOONS at all.

Squeaky wheel gets the oil.  No one else had trouble finding it.  It was on AE's wiki and the subject of several posts on the first page of their DoE. 

It's a source of eternal amusement to me that GOONS is both the world champion raid bumblers, and #1 loudmouths about protection notifcation.  It doesn't matter where or how many times protection is posted, GOONS is sure to fuck up. 

This very week, while whining about being called out, GOONS is raiding Novus Omega, a protectorate of UPN, and The Order of Halsa, a protectorate of GPF.

Edited by Schattenmann

If TPF wasn't attempting to score points on an issue I resolved days ago they wouldn't mention GOONS at all. They would have posted their protectorate announcement and this would merely be a one page thread. I understand TPF has a proud history of beating their chest in self-righteous anger but nobody has bought their spiel in years.

I'm bias, but from my perspective GOONS is being too sensitive.

The OP was not intended to be threatening, to score points with GOONS haters (that would be a waste of time as all the GOONS haters already like us) or to stroke our egos. If we wanted to use the OWF to do that, we would make frequent announcements complete big flags and all like everyone else and would have made the ultimately more sensible decision to post this treaty immediately instead of avoiding this cesspool of drama queens and guttersnipes. 

The OP was intended as a humorous (admittedly not very) comment along the lines of "GOONS!".Though there was a wise crack or two made on our forums about our "peaceful protectorate ruining our war", there was never any intent to escalate. We just had this war and it was boring.  Raiders sometimes raid protected nations (I've done it) and GOONS handled it professionally just like they have in the past. 

For others who may be interested in what occurred, this is the not even close to newsworthy story as I know it. There'll be some OOC material in here and I'll try to flag it accordingly. If I botch that, please forgive me. I was notified of the raid, but not the resolution while I was [OOC] away from the computer and because I hate mobile forums, I didn't check ours (had I, I would have seen it was already resolved. By you, Marx(?), if I recall correctly) [/OOC] Instead, I sent a PM to Sardonic notifying him of the situation and requesting reparations for a matter already resolved and reps already agreed to. AE dealt directly with GOONS, again, I think it was Marx, and the problem was cleared near if not immediately. 

There is nothing to see here at all.

Remember that we are truly fortunate that the matter was not left to TPF alone, my friend.

Truly fortunate.

Just spotted this. We did tell EQ that we were requesting reps. Whomever is giving out this information does not know the reason for that though. That had much more to do with throwing a wrench in the works as a result of internal coalition conflict than desire to charge DH reps.

Just spotted this. We did tell EQ that we were requesting reps. Whomever is giving out this information does not know the reason for that though. That had much more to do with throwing a wrench in the works as a result of internal coalition conflict than desire to charge DH reps.

'cuz the best way to handle disagreements is to demand something even more unreasonable.

Bargaining power!

The discussions surrounding that issue were just that, discussions.  This is a demand [snapback]2892684[/snapback]. 

that's not a demand, that's an agreement?

I have no idea as to what you are talking about dude. That comment had nothing to do with EQ, the war, reparations or whatever else you think it was related to. I'd suggest re-reading the previous two posts before the one you quoted to obtain the context of the post.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

Squeaky wheel gets the oil.  No one else had trouble finding it.  It was on AE's wiki and the subject of several posts on the first page of their DoE. 

It's a source of eternal amusement to me that GOONS is both the world champion raid bumblers, and #1 loudmouths about protection notifcation.  It doesn't matter where or how many times protection is posted, GOONS is sure to fuck up. 

This very week, while whining about being called out, GOONS is raiding Novus Omega, a protectorate of UPN, and The Order of Halsa, a protectorate of GPF.

Normally the kind of raiding issues we deal with on a relatively regular basis tend to revolve around attacking a nation/AA that was not under protection at the time of the declaration(s). So then the protector comes to us and we resolve the issue on the spot. There are some instances of members who do not follow the rules and wind up getting into hot water. As such with this AE case. The member in question has been reprimanded and is personally paying his dues. You're trying to make it seem that an everyday issue that other raiding alliances inevitably have to deal with is some reckless, malevolent crime. The reality is much simpler: Somebody didn't follow our rules. I graciously cleaned up his mess and awarded AE their just dues.

We have consistently reprimanded every goon who violates our rules. We have consistently dealt in good faith in all issues between any party for any reason, and especially with those our members have legitimately wronged. We have adjusted our raiding parameters and oversight measures when necessary. We will continue to do so. If you do not like it then you can get bent.

'cuz the best way to handle disagreements is to demand something even more unreasonable.

Bargaining power!

There was no initial "demand" for a subsequent demand to more unreasonable than or subsequent to for that matter. We're also really stretching the word unreasonable here. If a few k tech from DH is unreasonable, then surely a few k tech in cash from KoH must be something quite extraordinary. 

There's a difference between fighting for something you want and then getting it and pushing and insulting folks fighting alongside you to get something you want after six weeks of war.

I've never been antireps, I'm against fighting for reps I don't want. I'm definitely against having them brought in as some kind of power trip manipulation like you seem to be implying was done. That's foolish.

There's a difference between fighting for something you want and then getting it and pushing and insulting folks fighting alongside you to get something you want after six weeks of war.

I've never been antireps, I'm against fighting for reps I don't want. I'm definitely against having them brought in as some kind of power trip manipulation like you seem to be implying was done. That's foolish.

The insults began long before that request. Any power trips began long before that point also. You could be say that request was the result of a power trip, but it wasn't our power trip.

There was no initial "demand" for a subsequent demand to more unreasonable than or subsequent to for that matter. We're also really stretching the word unreasonable here. If a few k tech from DH is unreasonable, then surely a few k tech in cash from KoH must be something quite extraordinary. 

There were disagreements in what the people on TOP wanted.  He didn't say there was an initial demand. He said there were disagreements, which there were. What you demanded was certainly unreasonable, and it was wise of you guys to back off of it quickly, especially considering what you guys were doing during the war. Nice Job. 

Edited by bcortell

There were disagreements in what the people on TOP wanted.  He didn't say there was an initial demand. He said there were disagreements, which there were. What you demanded was certainly unreasonable, and it was wise of you guys to back off of it quickly, especially considering what you guys were doing during the war. Nice Job. 

It's true that we did back off, but I think you might be ascribing that to an incorrect reason. We did so because the request was little more than a response to big heads not because we bought the notion that the rest of the front was going to peace out over it and leave TOP to roam on their allies in Ai. Only the most vapid of fools would buy that. 

It's true that we did back off, but I think you might be ascribing that to an incorrect reason. We did so because the request was little more than a response to big heads not because we bought the notion that the rest of the front was going to peace out over it and leave TOP to roam on their allies in Ai. Only the most vapid of fools would buy that. 

We weren't going to leave AI to burn.. 

Edit: I won't pretend to understand the explanation.  And its probably off tpic enough as is.

Anyway, congrats TPF and AE.

Edited by hartfw

I have mentioned alliances and people in jest and off-hand regarding issues that have been resolved years ago without trying to score points. Some times giving context to a delayed reaction is all important. I just don't understand why people have reacted almost defensively at the mere mention of an alliance? What dirt was spilled, no fingers were points, we were glad to have it resolved. And 4 days after it was resolved, we did not want it to occur again with AE growing in members so it was requested we post the protectorate up.

GOONS had a direct impact on why it was posted "late" for good or bad, and that was all that was being mentioned - RR had requested it to be posted. Roadie thought it didn't need a new thread. Someone was raided. It got resolved. AE requested again and Roadie posted. I don't understand the sensitivity to the reaction that somehow points were trying to be scored? And why prostrate issue with it, if you are then going to proceed to do the exact same thing only regarding an issue that was resolved even longer than 4 days previous?

GK