A joint MHA-Umbrella announcement

Cable77

[center][img]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/258/treaty.jpg[/img]
[color="#000080"][size="6"][b]An Umbrellievably MHAwesome Concordat[/b][/size][/color]
[b]A Mutual Defence and Optional Aggression Pact[/b][/center]

[b]Apéritif[/b]
For nearly 3 years, a band of hoopy froods have hitchhiked far and wide across Planet Bob. Fortified by Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters, this ragtag bunch, who many claim bare an incredible resemblance to something called a “Sanctioned Alliance”, spent most of their time indulging in innocent fun and amazing others with the surprising utility of their simple towels. Not too long ago, this group noticed that when dark clouds appeared or the pitter-patter of rain filled the air, a number of their good friends would produce a curious device that seemed to afford them considerable protection against the elements. Being an altogether practical bunch, the Hitchhikers decided that they too could really use an Umbrella.

Amazingly, at the same time, a group of hard drinking, hard partying spammers, who had also been doing the rounds on Planet Bob, quietly collecting technology and nukes, realized that while their beer was good, indeed very good, and while their Umbrellas kept them dry in all manner of storms, there was a slight problem: how to clean up when they had a little too much to drink or partied just a little too hard? The answer was simple: they needed towels.

After a meeting which involved the draining of several kegs and the consumption of perhaps one or two Gargle Blasters too many, these two groups realized that what they had been missing in their travels on Planet Bob was each other: a hitchhiker without an umbrella was practically naked, and a partier couldn’t clean up or shower without a towel.

And so it came to pass that on the following morning when the effects of their late night debauchery had faded to the pleasant realm of fond memory and their hand-eye coordination had returned to what they took to be normalcy, these two intrepid groups inked the following agreement to ensure that from then on, neither would have to face the perils of life on Planet Bob without the other.

[b]Article Premier Cru[/b]
I. The Signatories agree to extend the same courtesies of conduct afforded their own membership to the membership of the other.
II. The Signatories pledge to maintain regular correspondence between their respective governments and to encourage similar communication between their memberships.
III. The Signatories promise to refrain for all aggressive action against the other and to take immediate and effective action to remedy any such transgressions as may occur in the due course of time.

[b]Article Reposado[/b]
I. The Signatories agree to share any and all intelligence or information they have obtained, which in their opinion might possibly be relevant or otherwise useful to the other.
II. The Signatories agree to give advanced notice of any future or pending treaties between the Signatories and a third party and those between the treaty partners of either signatory and another party.

[b]Article Grand Cru[/b]
I. The Signatories agree that an attack upon one, save those launched in response to the aggression of a signatory, or in response to another treaty commitment of a signatory (chaining), shall be considered an attack upon the other, and a really stupid thing for anybody to try!
II. The Signatories pledge to provide, in the event of an attack, as soon as possible any and all aid they can render; military, financial, diplomatic or alcoholic, in any combination requested.
III. Both Signatories reserve the right to refrain from requesting the aforementioned aid.
IV. In the event of of either signatory engaging in an aggressive war, military aid may be requested, but neither signatory is obliged to provide said military aid.

[b]Article Câmara de Provadores[/b]
For the purpose of inter alliance commerce, namely the buying and selling of technology, and donations, the Signatories each agree to allow the other fair and reasonable access to their internal markets.

[b]Article Hors d'age[/b]
I. Each signatory has the right to cancel this agreement provided it notifies the other signatory of this intention four days prior to the desired date of termination.
II. Such notification is to be delivered with a suitable assortment of conciliatory &#$@tails and shooters.

[b]Article Digestif[/b]
This Concordat is enacted on this twenty-fourth day of December in the year two thousand and eight, by and with the consent and authority of the memberships and governments of the Mostly Harmless Alliance and Umbrella. In witness and testament thereof, we have affixed our signatures below.

[i]Let it rain, let it snow,
Let it shine, let it grow,
Here we are, ready to go!

Towels at hand,
Umbrellas at the ready,
One more drink,
And we’ll be going steady![/i]

[size="1"][i]Upgraded 10/7/2010[/i][/size]

[u][b]Signed for Umbrella,[/b][/u]
Roquentin, President
NFL Generic, Vice President
Xavii, Envoy
Natan, Field Marshal
Lord Panis Rahl, Economist
Mrcalkin, IA Chief
Kowalski, Ambassador to MHA

[u][b]Signed for MHA,[/b][/u]
Dynasty, Triumvir
Jadoo1989, Triumvir
Cable77, Triumvir

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1286496092' post='2478303']
The biggest and fastest growing alliance in the game just upgraded with the best fighters. Congratulations both of you.
[/quote]

I think Poison Clan takes the stage for best fighters... and NPO for fastest growing.

[quote name='Emperor Brutus' timestamp='1286496284' post='2478311']
I think Poison Clan takes the stage for best fighters... and NPO for fastest growing.
[/quote]

You should look at the NS graphs for MHA and NPO. NPO has gained 300K NS the past month. MHA has gained nearly 700,000 NS.