A what if...

Jack Grist

So, ive made a top 5 on how Planet Bob could go or fall apart, and Cybernations Set Back. And i mean how would Cybernations become destroyed or disintigrate, and how CN would lose members and nations. Heres the Top 10, 1 being the most likely, 5 being very unlikely:

1. Cybernations Reset: Yes, it has been considered and been a rumour for a long time, that CN could be reset to day one for reasons above the Cyberverse and into the Internet (Problems, hacking, or a start again), and would reset every last nation on Planet bob, every nuclear weapon destroyed, every bit of infra gone, minimal nation population and the CN economy crashing since every nation will have minimal money. How would this effect the players? Many may leave, get fed up, and wouldnt want to rebuild. This would be the most likely thing that will happen to Planet Bob in a bad way.

2. Hacking, CN Shutdown: If Cybernations was hacked into, and caused many problems that were unfixable, CN would have to be shutdown, losing all its members and the game itself.

3. Mega Great War: A great war involving hundreds of alliances across Planet Bob, causing huge destruction of thousands of nations, making players quit, causing a huge set back for Cybernations. I guess you could call this MAD.

4. Cybernations errors: A problem with the game causing mass trouble with the stuff inside, which would probably trigger ingame errors, faults and aggravating for players, though, this is very unlikely

5. Cybernations brings in a member Subscription fee: The most unlikely though has never been out of the question, is if CN was a game that had a Subscription, and had a monthly or annual fee. This would probably cause alot of members who wish not to pay and leave, CN losing members everyday, and becoming capital game, like world of warcraft or Tycoons. This would mean a current member would have to pay to keep there nation, or get 1 week to say goodbye to CN or there nation

Well, i maybe talking true, or a load of crap, i dont know, just what i think could happen to set back CN. Please, if you have anyways on a switch around on which one should go before the other, please post. Dont say ''This is a crappy post and pointless'', becuase this is free expression. Please, just go by what it says, if you dont have anything decent to say, dont. Look at this as a Doomsday Clock for CN.

Edited by Jack Grist

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#3 would probably be the best thing to happen to CN, that would be some hella fun. the only ones who would leave would be the ones who are here to strictly build their nation, but as said by many thats not where the fun in this game comes from.

Very noble, thats quite rare becuase alot of games like this (i know a text based one), that charges you after 3 months otherwise you leave. You have to pay, and the game sucks aswell. But i put it as number 5 becuase there is always a chance of it happening, but i hope it doesent ha :popcorn:

#5 always has the option of being a tier system, namely, it would be free to play, but inorder to get some things like, nukes, you would have to pay a small monthly fee.

Think RuneScape.

Although if that ever happened, I'd leave >.>

#5 always has the option of being a tier system, namely, it would be free to play, but inorder to get some things like, nukes, you would have to pay a small monthly fee.

Think RuneScape.

Well, to be fair, it is somewhat tiered because in order to keep competitive with the largest nations and in order to stay in the top 5% a lot of people have to donate every month, which is somewhat like a tiered subscription system.

I'm probably wrong and everyone will disagree with me >_>

Well, to be fair, it is somewhat tiered because in order to keep competitive with the largest nations and in order to stay in the top 5% a lot of people have to donate every month, which is somewhat like a tiered subscription system.

I'm probably wrong and everyone will disagree with me >_>

*is in the top 5%*

*donates*

#3 would probably be the best thing to happen to CN, that would be some hella fun. the only ones who would leave would be the ones who are here to strictly build their nation, but as said by many thats not where the fun in this game comes from.

Agreed. All but number three would be awful, whereas number 3 would be hilariously fun.

Think RuneScape.

As someone already said, that has sort of happened. Memberships on runescape only last so long I think right? Well, donations only get you so much. You mentioned the fee for being able to do certain in-game functions, that would be kind of really really dumb, no offence at all to you. It's just that, they(people running CN) make enough money to support themselves(or at least the game with a small profit) off the donations and the advertisements yes? the extra money they would be asking for certain features would just kill the community and all those ads would be worth less (not worthless), which would in turn make the game less fun for the people who would actually be willing to pay for it, to a point where they may leave.

I mean, who wants to rule a game of less than 30k people? 30-40k, which is around the population of CN for as long as I have played, something well worth building towards having NPO-like dominance over(or even more if you can/want to be that hardcore). Maybe 20k or even 10k would do it, but anything less and you would start to see quickly growing signs of disintegration.

As to everyone mentioning game reset... well, I frown upon you. This game wins when it gets to a point where it can hold what it has indefinitely, not where it has to reset itself periodically.

And about hacking into the game, it's been done before hasnt it? at most I think they would have a backup file folder place where they can put all that stuff back up after they've been hacked, have taken care of the loophole allowing the hacking, and you lose a few days or weeks in a severe case(of gameplay).-that is my assumption at least.

#4 would just be bugs no? That would only really happen every time the admin do something to "update" the game too I think, which would be easy enough to fix(again, thats what I imagine).

However you're right, (excluding #3) IF this things all happened, or IF any happened, that would set CN back.

2 and 3 have already happened. #3 on multiple occasions.

When did this happen? I would hate if 3 happened! If it did I would go into peace mode for a while, but the if i did this would have a big affect on my nation to! Which is worse, staying in peace mode for a month or being destroyed by another nation in war?

The great war of that power would never happen. If it did, it would be up to the newbies to take CN to the next era. Becuase everything will be gone.

You don't think there will be those who escape into peace mode? or even those who come out victorious? It would probably end up everything gone but some peace mode GPA nations that were either already in peace mode or were quick to switch, and some of the medium sized NPO nations coming out victorious by not being at the top aka number one targets, and by being so they managed to perform some serious whooping.

In another game (called Nukezone), every province resets every 3 months, and it's interesting just to see how far provinces get in points or networht during the round of 3 months, and everyone has equal chances because everyone starts over every 3 months.

So in CN, if every nation resets, it's not too bad, because then we can see how far we can get with our resetted nations.

Maybe they can make it so that every nation resets something like every 6 months, and each duration is called a Round or something

Then there could be competitions for stuff like Most NS Reached, Most Infra Gained, Most Tech Achieved, Most Aid Sent, Most Nukes Built, Most Soldiers Killed, Highest Population Income, Most Infrastructure destroyed, Most Technology Stolen, and Most Casualties Suffered; which get awarded for every round.

Edited by XRCatD

In another game (called Nukezone), every province resets every 3 months, and it's interesting just to see how far provinces get in points or networht during the round of 3 months, and everyone has equal chances because everyone starts over every 3 months.

So in CN, if every nation resets, it's not too bad, because then we can see how far we can get with our resetted nations.

Maybe they can make it so that every nation resets something like every 6 months, and each duration is called a Round or something

Then there could be competitions for stuff like Most NS Reached, Most Infra Gained, Most Tech Achieved, Most Aid Sent, Most Nukes Built, Most Soldiers Killed, Highest Population Income, Most Infrastructure destroyed, Most Technology Stolen, and Most Casualties Suffered; which get awarded for every round.

I wouldn't like that at all! After 3 months, all that time and effort thrown away! What about the donations? No-one would do donations anymore because all the bonuses would be gone in the next 3 months!

Sorry, but i don't like it!

I wouldn't like that at all! After 3 months, all that time and effort thrown away! What about the donations? No-one would do donations anymore because all the bonuses would be gone in the next 3 months!

Sorry, but i don't like it!

what stays permanent might be the awards u get for having one of those "Most" thingies.

Well, if it becomes like #5, the donations would be kinda temporary and only last a while.

Edited by XRCatD