The Roman Empire moves boldly to war

Schad

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of whining from this thread simply comes from the fact that we screwed over OP and PS's (or delayed really) for another flag running round. What happened to OP last was certainly NOT going to happen again. I also remember OP pulling something similar to G-6 last round for politcal reasons which eventually won them the round.

Karma eh? Sucks when things come back to bite you in the ass :awesome:

As to put this out there, I am certainly enjoying the intense fighting, we in Synergy need some training and fighting some of the best certainly helps :)

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1299785804' post='2658845']
The amount of whining from this thread simply comes from the fact that we screwed over OP and PS's (or delayed really) for another flag running round. What happened to OP last was certainly NOT going to happen again. I also remember OP pulling something similar to G-6 last round for politcal reasons which eventually won them the round.

As to put this out there, I am certainly enjoying the intense fighting, we in Synergy need some training and fighting some of the best certainly helps :)
[/quote]

BN (PS' main contributor and where Jack comes from) has it's flag. We play TE to improve our fighting skills. If you think we're concerned with the flag this round or that you're somehow screwing us, I'm sorry. The only thing you've done is screw yourselves and end your round.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1299785804' post='2658845']

[/quote]

Now you are just making up stuff. :rolleyes:

As somewhat of a newcomer to these boards, the amount of bickering I see between all the alliances is ridiculous. It's obvious both sides are set in their ways, just settle it on the battlefield.

Edited by Master Ninja

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1299786088' post='2658857']
BN (PS' main contributor and where Jack comes from) has it's flag. We play TE to improve our fighting skills. If you think we're concerned with the flag this round or that you're somehow screwing us, I'm sorry. The only thing you've done is screw yourselves and end your round.
[/quote]

Ok? Seeing from how you posted this, your only fooling yourself here. You've been back and forth through all of these threads whining and complaining all over the place. You obviously had plans for flag running otherwise you wouldn't be constantly threatening us that your going to keep us rolled for the rest of the round. I doubt that declaring on you after you just fought someone was really going to piss you off this much. I know how !@#$ works bro, we all think a like, you were going for flag running or high NS nations again to fill in your egos on how your the best in the game. Certainly sucks when people ruin your plans eh? Tis a shame :smug:

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1299787009' post='2658878']
Ok? Seeing from how you posted this, your only fooling yourself here. You've been back and forth through all of these threads whining and complaining all over the place. You obviously had plans for flag running otherwise you wouldn't be constantly threatening us that your going to keep us rolled for the rest of the round. I doubt that declaring on you after you just fought someone was really going to piss you off this much. I know how !@#$ works bro, we all think a like, you were going for flag running or high NS nations again to fill in your egos on how your the best in the game. Certainly sucks when people ruin your plans eh? Tis a shame :smug:
[/quote]

Check the stats If we want to fill our egos on how we're the best in the game, it seems RE/Synergy being our opponents would be the best place to start. And I'm actually quite calm. Just pointing out your cowardice for the world to see.

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1299787700' post='2658895']
Check the stats If we want to fill our egos on how we're the best in the game, it seems RE/Synergy being our opponents would be the best place to start. And I'm actually quite calm. Just pointing out your cowardice for the world to see.
[/quote]

Too bad no one is listening otherwise you would stop rage posting right and left :awesome: Not that I expect you to admit that you are. Also, how are we being cowards? Synergy seeks nothing but war with this and nothing else. We really don't care...... All for fun :)

[/quote]

Uh, no...we hadn't really figured out what we were going to do when GR hit us (basically, we were occupied by playing around with the changes and seeing how they would affect our build models), but from the point they hit us, flag-running was never on the cards. You don't really eat a couple dozen nukes early in a round and see the bulk of your top tier go below nuke-purchasing levels and still have a shot to run. Just doesn't work that way.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1299787851' post='2658900']
Too bad no one is listening otherwise you would stop rage posting right and left :awesome: Not that I expect you to admit that you are. Also, how are we being cowards? Synergy seeks nothing but war with this and nothing else. We really don't care...... All for fun :)
[/quote]

/shrug. If you're under the impression my rage is coming out here instead of the battlefield there's nothing I can do to change that. As I've said, I (and others) are simply calling a spade a spade. If you really can't figure out what I mean by cowards, then I don't think it will do any good for me to explain it again. The evolutionary gap is far too wide for me to try to bridge.

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1299788833' post='2658928']
i've seen PS tactics a few times (such as NB last round) and thought that they're going for a flag, been proven wrong all times, :/ OP, not so much
[/quote]

NB was an odd situation; I definitely understand how it seemed kinda shady from the outside, but it basically came down to the fact that our tournament had left us with a bunch of high-NS nations (those who had signed up to protect the participants, and those who'd lost early), and we were pretty sure that we were going to get rogued or hit outright. As a result, we split most of the big nations off to try to keep the remaining participants from getting caught up in anything (heh, didn't work ultimately)...that they ended up hitting GR was the result of an even weirder situation still, but that's another story for another day.

[/quote]

You guys seem to think we walked all over GR or something, As Schad said when GR attacked we hadn't decided what to do for the round, this is my first round back in charge of PS since we won the ASG flag, and GR caught us while we were trying to figure that out.

It was a tough fight. We ate 17 nukes, many of us were going to re-roll or having to wait out several days in nuclear anarchy to get back on our feet, some of us spent every last dollar in the fight, and then before they could do anything had 3 fresh nations on their backs.

We had very little left in the tank when the RE/Synergy attack came, so there was no chance of any flag run, if anyone ended that possibility it was GR, and we didn't get angry about them attacking us (threatening us, another story).

So as for "I doubt that declaring on you after you just fought someone was really going to piss you off this much." I think you really underestimate how difficult it was for us to turn GR away, they had more nations, a 3 to 1 nuke advantage and we ate 17 of them, and you attacked us before a single war slot was peaced out, most our nations hadn't been able to collect taxes post war (there was no post war at that point) and many were down 10+ improvement slots.

It was a huge ask of our guys to come out on top, and then after 9 days of nuclear warfare and 30 minutes of peace (I still have a GR nation attacking me to this day, btw) We get a 9 to 1 nuke advantage, and probably a much much larger cash advantage dumped on us.

Edited by Jack Shepard

[quote name='Jack Shepard' timestamp='1299794852' post='2659072']
You guys seem to think we walked all over GR or something, As Schad said when GR attacked we hadn't decided what to do for the round, this is my first round back in charge of PS since we won the ASG flag, and GR caught us while we were trying to figure that out.

It was a tough fight. We ate 17 nukes, many of us were going to re-roll or having to wait out several days in nuclear anarchy to get back on our feet, some of us spent every last dollar in the fight, and then before they could do anything had 3 fresh nations on their backs.

We had very little left in the tank when the RE/Synergy attack came, so there was no chance of any flag run, if anyone ended that possibility it was GR, and we didn't get angry about them attacking us (threatening us, another story).

So as for "I doubt that declaring on you after you just fought someone was really going to piss you off this much." I think you really underestimate how difficult it was for us to turn GR away, they had more nations, a 3 to 1 nuke advantage and we ate 17 of them, and you attacked us before a single war slot was peaced out, most our nations hadn't been able to collect taxes post war (there was no post war at that point) and many were down 10+ improvement slots.

It was a huge ask of our guys to come out on top, and then after 9 days of nuclear warfare and 30 minutes of peace (I still have a GR nation attacking me to this day, btw) We get a 9 to 1 nuke advantage, and probably a much much larger cash advantage dumped on us.
[/quote]

They were inactive... and that's the only reason PS won.

Confusion.

They were plenty active, attacks came in from almost every nation every day until they were bill locked.

They just lacked co-ordination, discipline & leadership.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1299794998' post='2659075']

Confusion.
[/quote]
Ah Confusion, always providing the jokes.

Edited by bcortell

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1299794998' post='2659075']

Confused.
[/quote]

Tell us how you really feel buddy.

Speaking as someone who engaged 3/5 of their former upper tier, the only reason they were 'inactive' was because they were dead or dying once we turned the tides on the war in a couple days.

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1299778515' post='2658670']
in case the G-6 fighting alongside warriors didn't give it away, G-6 is trying to put an end to several grudges this round.
[/quote]
Get out of here with that crap, G6 hit LE last round becuase of a grudge and they did it this round as well.

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1299781230' post='2658752']
i can't speak for Confusion, but for me the OP-G-6 thing isn't a grudge, it's principle, OP are should burn because they're parasites, they'll sell out every ally they've ever had when the going gets tough, but only once they have a new set of friends of course, in fact i'm not sure i've seen a round (since i became politically active) where LE didn't sell someone out. in short, what good will speaking friendly about someone do when that alliance has no qualms in screwing their friends over.

And yes i'm in G-6, but i do my own thing, as i always have.

of course you would think that, if everyone kept grudges OP wouldn't exist anymore,
[/quote]
So according to you in order for OP to be good friends we should have let you guys blatantly try and curb stomp LE? Really? There is a difference between you guys and the honorable AAs in TE, if we have a problem with an AA we will fight them ourselves and don't have to elicit the help of all of our Friends (I chose to call them your accomplices but you guys say friends so I will write this in your langage). We will never help or turn a blind eye to a curbstomp...NEVER. You have a problem get an AA and fight one on one, oh that is right we beat SF a couple of times :) so that was a huge FAIL. Now I see why you guys do what you do, you suck.

Enough of this dribble its time for me to get back to killing RE and Synergy.

Edited by paul711

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1299810921' post='2659393']
Get out of here with that crap, G6 hit LE last round becuase of a grudge and they did it this round as well.

So according to you in order for OP to be good friends we should have let you guys blatantly try and curb stomp LE? Really? There is a difference between you guys and the honorable AAs in TE, if we have a problem we will fight them ourselves and don't have to elicit the help of all of our Friends (I chosse to call them your accomplices but you guys say friends so I will write this in your langage). We will never help or turn a blind eye to a curbstomp...NEVER. You have a problem get an AA and fight one on one, oh that is right we beat SF a couple of times :) so that was a huge FAIL. Now I see why you guys do what you do, you suck.

[/quote]

Last round was G-6's first round... and we held a grudge? Sure, paul. :lol1:

Confusion.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1299810921' post='2659393']
So according to you in order for OP to be good friends we should have let you guys blatantly try and curb stomp LE? Really? There is a difference between you guys and the honorable AAs in TE, if we have a problem with an AA we will fight them ourselves and don't have to elicit the help of all of our Friends (I chose to call them your accomplices but you guys say friends so I will write this in your langage). We will never help or turn a blind eye to a curbstomp...NEVER. You have a problem get an AA and fight one on one, oh that is right we beat SF a couple of times :) so that was a huge FAIL. Now I see why you guys do what you do, you suck.

[/quote]

where does SF come into this??? and actually you beat SF once, after infiltrating us with a spy no less, you backed down the first time you had the choice, you know that time LE asked you to but we were bigger at the time so instead you sent us screenies of LE asking you to hit us....... but yeah carry on with the "we had to save LE!!!!1!1one!!" line

EDIT: that's assuming one could consider doing nothign somehow helping LE???

Edited by lazaraus45

[quote]after infiltrating us with a spy no less[/quote]

More made up crap.

This is really getting hilarious.

Lot of pot calling the kettle black going on, right?

[/quote]

We are not rolling you for the rest of the round, though sucker punching us is pretty deserving.

You've been back and forth through all of these threads whining and complaining all over the place. You obviously had plans for flag running otherwise you wouldn't be constantly threatening us that your going to keep us rolled for the rest of the round. I doubt that declaring on you after you just fought someone was really going to piss you off this much. I know how !@#$ works bro, we all think a like, you were going for flag running or high NS nations again to fill in your egos on how your the best in the game. Certainly sucks when people ruin your plans eh? Tis a shame :smug:
[/quote]

Having been with Pork Shrimp for two flag run attempts (one serious, one not as much), even if I had no clue what the leadership had in mind (what they have in mind is exactly what Jack said), I'd know it's not a flag run. If anything, there would be far less "whining and complaining" if we were flag running because it draws attention, which is something one does NOT want in those situations.

What Pork Shrimp likes is to win. I mean, we're talking an alliance that spent last round beating the snot out of each other JUST to see which one of us is the toughest! aka - who out of all of us in the ultimate winner?

What you see as complaining and/or being "pissed off" (and others have mentioned appearing "overly confident") is really just cheering on team Pork Shrimp. TE is sport.

Yeah, sometimes that's done directly - as in "Hail Pork Shrimp, we're the best" and sometimes it's done by poking fun at the other "team." Nothing serious meant by it, either way.

Edited by White Chocolate