A Dark Templar Announcement

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1298317557' post='2640847']
Anyone with half a brain who knows the history of the members of the Dark Templar would know that in a war like this one they would inevitably be on the side of the New Polar Order.

I mean, VE hits NpO over a CB that, well, calling it paper thin would be an insult to your favourite paper manufacturer. Then look at who are in DT: people like Myworld and Magnet, and it doesn't take a genius to work out which side they're going to be on.

I still find it a bit strange how DT doesn't have a treaty with the Polars. Oh well.
[/quote]

Huh?

Haf, i'm not one of your usual detractors, but I have no idea where you got this idea.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298325795' post='2640988']
No, according to me it would be $10. That really has nothing to do with anything. The act of dropping the cone cost you $5, not $10.

You seem to think I'm suggesting that decommissioning your military is an all-around good thing. Obviously not. But it would save you money, and given the relatively low risk of being attacked it's not all that bad. In any case I do not believe it would be a sticking point if you were ok with the rest of the terms and not that one.

The accusation of greed is unfounded. If we were in this for tech, why wouldn't we be taking reparations from LoSS as well? As I stated previously, the reparations were quite obviously designed to serve as replacement damage for conventional damage that you would avoid by peacing out early.

The number of alliances attacking you isn't all that important when determining light damage, rather the length of the war. And you had many reasons to believe that it would be short.
[/quote]

actually, since dropping the cone is the reason for buying a new one, the act of dropping the cone does in fact cot you $10. now, if you dropped the cone and did not buy a new cone, it would only cost you $5.

many of the accusations flung at DT by CSN are unfounded. maybe if ya'll ceased flinging your !@#$ at us, we would cease flinging ours at you.

the number of alliances is very important as it demonstrates that 1) we did not think we would take light damage and 2) we did not assume the war would be short. but i am glad that ya'll must somehow have a spy within DT since ya'll keep telling us why we entered the war, how long we thought the war would last, and many other issues that would need someone on the inside giving you information to know.

if you don't have a spy within DT, then please cease acting as if ya'll know a damn thing about anything that goes on within DT.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1298328581' post='2641025']
actually, since dropping the cone is the reason for buying a new one, the act of dropping the cone does in fact cot you $10. now, if you dropped the cone and did not buy a new cone, it would only cost you $5.

many of the accusations flung at DT by CSN are unfounded. maybe if ya'll ceased flinging your !@#$ at us, we would cease flinging ours at you.

the number of alliances is very important as it demonstrates that 1) we did not think we would take light damage and 2) we did not assume the war would be short. but i am glad that ya'll must somehow have a spy within DT since ya'll keep telling us why we entered the war, how long we thought the war would last, and many other issues that would need someone on the inside giving you information to know.

if you don't have a spy within DT, then please cease acting as if ya'll know a damn thing about anything that goes on within DT.
[/quote]

What? No.

I probably shouldn't have bothered with the analogy since it only seems to have confused you, but here we go:
You start with $10. You buy an ice cream cone for $5. You drop the cone. You decide to buy a new one, again for $5. You are left with $0 and an ice cream cone. If you had not dropped the cone, you would instead be left with $5 and an ice cream cone. Therefore dropping the ice cream cone cost you $5.

Varianz, you appear to have missed my [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=98618&view=findpost&p=2640788"]post on page 62[/url].

I'm not sure why you wouldn't assume the war would be short, we had offered white peace to LoSS, and given your current confusion and anger regarding the terms, you obviously didn't predict them. We do not have a spy within DT, although that is perhaps unfortunate for you since better understanding what you were up to might have avoided the chain of events that led us here.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1298304774' post='2640659']
Spelling Nazi I see? I'll keep that in mind.
[/quote]
I judge you every time we talk in #DT and you misspell something :P

[quote name='fant0m' timestamp='1298307076' post='2640683']
The more I see of CSN these days the more you remind me of GGA. Although you do seem [i]slightly[/i] more competent on the battlefield.
[/quote]
As someone who has fought both . . . not really. With the exception of Allied_Threat, I haven't fought a single CSN'er who really knows what they're doing.
Unless, of course, sending 45 bombers is the new way to win wars . . .

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1298316361' post='2640831']
No.

Though I fail to see how that's relevant at all to the idea that decoming military isn't a huge deal. If its a savings or not depends entirely on what they traded for it, but that's sort of tangential to my point, and kind of obvious.
[/quote]
I see it as relevant because a member of an alliance that was once crushed under tyranny ought to have a longer memory.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298329214' post='2641035']
What? No.

I probably shouldn't have bothered with the analogy since it only seems to have confused you, but here we go:
You start with $10. You buy an ice cream cone for $5. You drop the cone. You decide to buy a new one, again for $5. You are left with $0 and an ice cream cone. If you had not dropped the cone, you would instead be left with $5 and an ice cream cone. Therefore dropping the ice cream cone cost you $5.

Varianz, you appear to have missed my [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=98618&view=findpost&p=2640788"]post on page 62[/url].

I'm not sure why you wouldn't assume the war would be short, we had offered white peace to LoSS, and given your current confusion and anger regarding the terms, you obviously didn't predict them. We do not have a spy within DT, although that is perhaps unfortunate for you since better understanding what you were up to might have avoided the chain of events that led us here.
[/quote]
Isn't interesting that when White Peace was on the table for LoSS before they entered it was no reason to think the war would be short, but when White Peace was on the table for LoSS after they'd jumped in, they had no reason to include them in their own talks or worry about them at all because peace was guaranteed?

The only thing that changed in those 6 days was that DT got their behinds kicked. That's it. The sides hadn't really moved closer together. Nothing had been settled. Peace was on the table before DT attacked and it remained on the table afterward.

So either you had every reason to believe the war would be a short one and you're lying. Or you had every reason to believe LoSS may end up in a much longer war and you're lying.

I'm willing to believe you're lying but can you just pick what you're lying about and stop contradicting yourself?

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1298330173' post='2641045']
As someone who has fought both . . . not really. With the exception of Allied_Threat, I haven't fought a single CSN'er who really knows what they're doing.
Unless, of course, sending 45 bombers is the new way to win wars . . .
[/quote]

Anecdotal evidence is rarely a good judge of an alliance's war fighting capabilities. My experience with DT nations mirrors yours. The only competent nation I've faced so far was Ace007 of LoSS. Perhaps if this goes on for another month or so I'll drop to your level and we can cross swords.

[quote name='Supa_Troop3r' timestamp='1298325003' post='2640976']
Goose has already stated that LoSS told CSN and co that they would not leave until TIO left this was, before DT joined. So you are not so certain it seems.
[/quote]

Sounds like they were in talks then, if they told Goose that.

But no, keep on doing your side the favors you are.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1298299822' post='2640606']
Ummmm no?

Look at my nation then at the ones that I'm fighting, very far from your theory :awesome:

I think I have actually gained NS while fighting CSN!!
[/quote]
That would be relevant if you were the only nation fighting. But you aren't. Since the 15th when your largest nations finally came out of hippie, you've averaged more than 1K lost per nation. The loss since then now stands 8K from your average NS. If in the course of that you're gaining NS, then that means that some other nation is just losing that much harder.

Besides, you're a 8K nation. If you started at 0 at the beginning of the war that wouldn't make up for the damage we did to even one of your top nations in the current strategy. ThePromisedLand has lost 24K since the 15th. That's three times the NS of your entire nation. When it comes to whether your alliance can withstand our assault, your 8K nation isn't even on the radar.

And, for the record, your nation started at 20K NS. It's now less than 8K. If you consider that gaining in NS, then your math needs work. And you've lost 15% of your NS since you stopped ghosting and rejoined your alliance. Again, your math needs work. 15% in 7 days is a beatdown. And in comparison, you're one of the lucky ones.

Edited by Jocabia

[quote name='Xiao Weng' timestamp='1298330741' post='2641054']

[/quote]
Xiao and I are arguing on the same side. I feel dirty. :P

[quote name='Jocabia' timestamp='1298330480' post='2641050']
Isn't interesting that when White Peace was on the table for LoSS before they entered it was no reason to think the war would be short, but when White Peace was on the table for LoSS after they'd jumped in, they had no reason to include them in their own talks or worry about them at all because peace was guaranteed?[/quote]
Yes... we did not include our ally in our peace talks because they had already reached an agreement on peace.
Clearly contradictory. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298330608' post='2641051']
Anecdotal evidence is rarely a good judge of an alliance's war fighting capabilities. My experience with DT nations mirrors yours. The only competent nation I've faced so far was Ace007 of LoSS. Perhaps if this goes on for another month or so I'll drop to your level and we can cross swords.
[/quote]
It's a date :P

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298329214' post='2641035']
What? No.

[/quote]

it appears you are the one confused by your own analogy. you stated it yourself, had you not dropped the cone, you would have $5 left. but since you [b]did[/b] drop the cone, you have $0. so in other words, dropping said cone cost you $10 instead of $5.

as for why we wouldn't assume that it was short was largely due to not knowing if TIO was going to be out soon or stay in. for all we knew TIO could have been staying in until Polaris received peace, which would mean that LoSS was in until TIO and Polaris got peace which would hold true for us. or, TIO could have held out for another month due to whatever reasons instead of gaining peace within a week. so there was plenty of reason to assume we would be at war for another. i will have to admit, CSN trying to extort DT was never on the radar though. i was honestly and completely shocked at this blatant extortion attempt.

[quote name='Xiao Weng' timestamp='1298330741' post='2641054']

[/quote]

actually it sounds more like talks had ended due to LoSS refusing peace until TIO got out... but keep spinning the truth for your side mate.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298273657' post='2640410']
I'm not sure what your definition of fraction is, but 1/10th definitely falls in mine.

Also, decommissioning nukes and navy would actually save DT money, so I'm not sure how that's a sticking point.
[/quote]
How in the heck is that saving us money? We would have to buy all that back spending multiple millions of dollars in rebuying that would out way any savings you think we would have.

[quote name='Jocabia' timestamp='1298330896' post='2641055']
That would be relevant if you were the only nation fighting. But you aren't. [b]Since the 15th when your largest nations finally came out of hippie, you've averaged more than 1K lost per nation. [/b] The loss since then now stands 8K from your average NS. If in the course of that you're gaining NS, then that means that some other nation is just losing that much harder.

Besides, you're a 8K nation. If you started at 0 at the beginning of the war that wouldn't make up for the damage we did to even one of your top nations in the current strategy. [b]ThePromisedLand has lost 24K since the 15th.[/b] That's three times the NS of your entire nation. When it comes to whether your alliance can withstand our assault, your 8K nation isn't even on the radar.

And, for the record, your nation started at 20K NS. It's now less than 8K. If you consider that gaining in NS, then your math needs work. And you've lost 15% of your NS since you stopped ghosting and rejoined your alliance. Again, your math needs work. 15% in 7 days is a beatdown. And in comparison, you're one of the lucky ones.
[/quote]

oh what? he gets a shout out and I don't? :rude:
Anyways, now that im back from my vacation, maybe we can try and reanalyze these numbers again. :)

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1298277614' post='2640476']
No, I base it on the fact that you made no mention of your peace agreement hinging on LoSS getting a peace agreement. While I understand that DT's government has no authority to speak for LoSS, they certainly have the right to state that they intend not to accept peace until LoSS has an agreement on the table. Perhaps they were busy in their rush to get out of the war and neglected to mention it.
[/quote]
We didn't get a chance to even get to that point when you start slapping on 40k reps right off the bat for us honoring a treaty. Kind of hard to talk about anything else when slapped in the face with reps.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1298330173' post='2641045']
I see it as relevant because a member of an alliance that was once crushed under tyranny ought to have a longer memory.
[/quote]

Which is related at all how?

See nonsensical posts like this is why the persistent image of incompetence lingers around you guys.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1298335476' post='2641139']
it appears you are the one confused by your own analogy. you stated it yourself, had you not dropped the cone, you would have $5 left. but since you [b]did[/b] drop the cone, you have $0.[b] so in other words, dropping said cone cost you $10 instead of $5.[/b]
[/quote]

I am baffled, how how on earth did you come to this conclusion? :blink:

The difference between $5 (the amount of money you'd have if you didn't drop the cone) and $0 (the amount of money you have if you drop the cone and buy a new one) is $5. 5 minus 0 is not 10, I have no idea how you got that.

[quote name='The Great One' timestamp='1298334080' post='2641109']
Talking about a single nation right? Please be joking. 15% in a day is a beatdown, 15% in a week is nothing.
[/quote]
But we're not talking about a single nation. We're talking about the entire alliance losing 20% in 6 days. Besides, he claimed he was growing.

[quote name='Myworld' timestamp='1298336046' post='2641155']
We didn't get a chance to even get to that point when you start slapping on 40k reps right off the bat for us honoring a treaty. Kind of hard to talk about anything else when slapped in the face with reps.
[/quote]
Oh, good, now it's Goose's fault. I thought it was TiTaN's fault. No wait, it's LoSS's fault. No wait, it was your member's fault.

Good thing it's never your fault, eh, champ? How's that class on successful foreign affairs going?

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1298332611' post='2641085']
Yes... we did not include our ally in our peace talks because they had already reached an agreement on peace.
Clearly contradictory. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

It was the same agreement that was being discussed when you attacked. So if when you attacked you had no reason to believe it was set in stone, then you also had no reason to believe it was set in stone when you insulted them and told us not to worry about them while you guys tried to skitter out of the war.

You do realize you're extremely obvious when you attempt to avoid the point. The position of LoSS in peace negotiations did not change between when you attacked and when you attempted to surrender. The only difference between those six days was the butt-whupping you guys were getting.

Edited by Jocabia

[quote name='Jocabia' timestamp='1298341126' post='2641238']
But we're not talking about a single nation. We're talking about the entire alliance losing 20% in 6 days. Besides, he claimed he was growing.
[/quote]

20% in 6 days =/= beatdown tbh.

[quote name='Jocabia' timestamp='1298341253' post='2641240']
Oh, good, now it's Goose's fault. I thought it was TiTaN's fault. No wait, it's LoSS's fault. No wait, it was your member's fault.

Good thing it's never your fault, eh, champ? How's that class on successful foreign affairs going?
[/quote]
In terms of foreign affairs, you couln't carry Myworld's jock. He's forgotten more about FA than you will ever know.

Your alliance's posture in the last few days (i.e. trying to create an inconcievable wedge between DT and LoSS, [b]not happening[/b]) shows just exactly how desperate you are.

Desperation is a stinky cologne.

Edited by mmansfield68

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298337546' post='2641182']
I am baffled, how how on earth did you come to this conclusion? :blink:

The difference between $5 (the amount of money you'd have if you didn't drop the cone) and $0 (the amount of money you have if you drop the cone and buy a new one) is $5. 5 minus 0 is not 10, I have no idea how you got that.
[/quote]

i am gonna make this simple for you. you started off with $10 and end up with $0. thus the act of dropping the cone ends up costing you $10. 10-10=0. i am simply incapable of being as illogical as this post.

Edited by Dochartaigh

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1298342143' post='2641262']i am gonna make this simple for you. you started off with $10 and end up with $0. thus the dropped cone costs you $10. 10-10=0. i am simply incapable of being as illogical as this post.[/quote]

Free advice for the day:

Sun Tzu said:
"[i]Don't mind your beard when your head is about to be taken[/i]".

Applied to your current situation, it would mean:
"[i]Don't mind about dropping the cone when you have dropped the soap[/i]".

(yep, it's a cheap joke, but you have been calling for it with all that stretching the cone issue)

Edited by Krashnaia