A Dark Templar Announcement

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1297721441' post='2633418']
honestly, I'm starting to hope CSN get reps just because of how many people it would upset.
[/quote]
This is just for the sake of clarification.

Do you mean that you hope they receive the reps from us, or would you be amused if they lost and were forced to pay reps?
Though, I'd imagine, from your position, both would be quite amusing.

I remember when CSN was an alliance of honor, generosity, valor, and kindness. They were a well respected group and gave respect where it was deserved. I used to hold a MDP with them when I was in BDC government back in 2008. Looking back on how they were, and what they are now.... I seriously am disappointed and disgusted with what they have become. What happened to your chivalry? What happened to your kindred spirits? It all died with the old ways when Liz and Gibsonator infected their government.

I plead with CSN's membership.... Throw out those two and set your alliance straight. I think that Allied Threat is the only person left from the old days of CSN gov, and that knows how to put the alliance back on track. So perhaps it would be best to switch the positions of Goose and AT as well.

[quote name='Hunterman1043' timestamp='1297722685' post='2633451']
I remember when CSN was an alliance of honor, generosity, valor, and kindness. They were a well respected group and gave respect where it was deserved. I used to hold a MDP with them when I was in BDC government back in 2008. Looking back on how they were, and what they are now.... I seriously am disappointed and disgusted with what they have become. What happened to your chivalry? What happened to your kindred spirits? It all died with the old ways when Liz and Gibsonator infected their government.

I plead with CSN's membership.... Throw out those two and set your alliance straight. I think that Allied Threat is the only person left from the old days of CSN gov, and that knows how to put the alliance back on track. So perhaps it would be best to switch the positions of Goose and AT as well.
[/quote]
Fronz and Deja have been re-awaken and SpacingOutMan is alive and well, although a bit tied up with RL. TBW and nici are around as well, but much lesser roles :awesome:

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1297722880' post='2633457']
Fronz and Deja have been re-awaken and SpacingOutMan is alive and well, although a bit tied up with RL. TBW and nici are around as well, but much lesser roles :awesome:
[/quote]

So it would be in good taste to replace the current gov with all the old guys from the good ole days. ;) If not that, then well.... It would be best to put an end to an alliance that died awhile ago.

Edited by Hunterman1043

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1297719176' post='2633349']
My right ... what? And that nonsense about Lennox? You aren't making any sense, and I expect better of you.

All I want, is your highly competentent second in command, to understand, that instead of conducting negotiations regarding your surrender on these public communication channels here through posts of a general member, we have someone you can contact when you're ready. He should know better than to assume Penkala's posts to be our official stance.

Good display of your current stage, though. Now, evolve.

Also, good luck to DT and CSN in your attempts to resolve your differences!
[/quote]

I am afraid that the VE technology core may have sent you a faulty humor filter. Let me help with a high functioning unit from NpO:

When Dajobo asked if Penkala's post was the official stance, it is what we call a fun jab at the other side. Of course Dajobo understands that general members do not equate to government policy.

When I brought up my mention of Lennox, it is little humor that playfully works off the instigation of the VE hostilities towards the NpO. I think someone of your esteemed intelligence can now understand the joke that is being made.

There is a bit of irony though in telling Dajobo to talk to Impero about VE's stance. I mean, the whole VE aggression could of been avoided if Impero was actually willing to talk to Dajobo in the first place, but that is an aside for a now closed discussion which has been beaten to death already.

I can actually understand CSN at this point in the process.

On the one hand, they are essentially choosing 40k in tech at the cost of their future (as they will inevitably pay a much higher price than any number of tech can match). CSN, and all those involved in the decision-making, would rather attempt to humiliate DT through exorbitant reps and as a result, garner the hate of alliances (enemies and neutrals alike) that will eventually lead to their own demise at some point down the road.

However, on the other hand, it is an equally tough decision to make such a proposition and then withdraw it and give in to pressure, even if it's the right thing to do.

So the decision is indeed not an easy one, as either choice they make at this point will inevitably lead to their slow decline.

From what I see, DT jumped in on CSN while their allies were negotiating peace. This is either because they have terrible allies who didn't keep them informed, or (more likely, IMO) because they thought they could jump in on CSN, get a blitz off, and then walk away with white peace the next day having lost virtually nothing. So, CSN is basically saying "hey, if you want out this early without giving us a chance to war you, it's going to cost." In a few weeks if this is still the case, I'll agree that CSN is being jerks. But, until then, I think you guys should give it some time and see how things play out.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1297726814' post='2633565']
From what I see, DT jumped in on CSN while their allies were negotiating peace. This is either because they have terrible allies who didn't keep them informed, or (more likely, IMO) because they thought they could jump in on CSN, get a blitz off, and then walk away with white peace the next day having lost virtually nothing. So, CSN is basically saying "hey, if you want out this early without giving us a chance to war you, it's going to cost." In a few weeks if this is still the case, I'll agree that CSN is being jerks. But, until then, I think you guys should give it some time and see how things play out.
[/quote]

The peace was stipulated on TIO getting out. TIO wasn't getting out anytime soon when we asked DT to come in to help us with Legacy.... So, we're not "bad allies." Now that TIO is out, there is no reason for any of us to still be at war... But we are. So that tells you how much of a jerk CSN really is.

In fact, I'd say that CSN are bad allies to request help on an aggressive war.

Edited by Hunterman1043

[/quote]
Not an unreasonable analysis, but you missed a couple key points that keep you from having a full understanding. Perfectly acceptable as an outsider to the conflict.

Essentially, CSN and LoSS were, as you said, negotiating peace. However, LoSS had made it quite clear that they would not leave the war until TIO received peace. Considering that TIO had not received peace, LoSS had every intention of staying in and they made that clear to us. We were not misled by them. Though negotiations had begun, a peace agreement was a week away. We went to CSN and Legacy to talk about peace after TIO had received peace. That is when they went berserk.

Oh, and we did not attack CSN. We attacked Legacy in defense of LoSS as we are honor-bound to. CSN attacked us in defense of Legacy, as they are honor-bound to. We obviously were not taking a potshot at CSN, as we did not even go after them, though they were the biggest alliance engaged with LoSS (but LoSS told us they were having the most trouble with Legacy). Legacy seemed to have no issue with our method of entry, as they were and continue to be in favor of white peace.

Hope I cleared things up :)

[/quote]

The key term there is "IMO." DT has stated consistently and without falter that their allies did not say anything about the peace talks. I have yet to see proof that DT joined in because of devious motives, and I take them as men of their word.

Now having said all that (even if LoSS was dishonest with DT, which as we have found out, they were not), to punish an alliance for the miscommunication created by a separate alliance is both illogical and unjustified.

Once you realize this, it becomes clear that CSN or whomever made this decision did not do so for any practical reason, as there are no practical reasons in the first place. Rather, they did so simply because they can, and because they think they can get away with one while adding in the bonus of that alliance being DT.

Edited by RePePe

[quote name='bkphysics' timestamp='1297724932' post='2633513']
I am afraid that the VE technology core may have sent you a faulty humor filter. Let me help with a high functioning unit from NpO:

When Dajobo asked if Penkala's post was the official stance, it is what we call a fun jab at the other side. Of course Dajobo understands that general members do not equate to government policy.

When I brought up my mention of Lennox, it is little humor that playfully works off the instigation of the VE hostilities towards the NpO. I think someone of your esteemed intelligence can now understand the joke that is being made.

There is a bit of irony though in telling Dajobo to talk to Impero about VE's stance. I mean, the whole VE aggression could of been avoided if Impero was actually willing to talk to Dajobo in the first place, but that is an aside for a now closed discussion which has been beaten to death already.
[/quote]

BK has it right, I was having some fun and goading might mouth Penkala into making stupid statements that he was speaking as an official of VE. Apologies and I will stay out of this thread now and ask that we move back onto the topic at hand.

CSN you make your own choices but seriously read the thread and see how many alliances you DO care about that don't agree with your stance.

[17:33] <+Hunter[LoSS]> white peace
[17:33] <+Hunter[LoSS]> ^
[17:33] <+Hunter[LoSS]> its good
[17:33] <+Hunter[LoSS]> and fuzzy
[17:33] <+Hunter[LoSS]> and warm
[17:33] <+Hunter[LoSS]> unlike reps
[17:33] * +Liz[CSN|MoFA|Satan] is not fuzzy nor warm.
[17:33] <+Hunter[LoSS]> which is cold and hard
[17:34] <+Liz[CSN|MoFA|Satan]> I don't know man. Tech is pretty tasty. feeds my nukes, makes em big and strong
[17:34] <+Hunter[LoSS]> but ur like 1k infra
[17:34] <+Hunter[LoSS]> lol
[17:34] <+Hunter[LoSS]> and in peace mode

Some interesting logs on CSN's current character.

[quote name='Hunterman1043' timestamp='1297728223' post='2633595']
[17:34] <+Liz[CSN|MoFA|Satan]> I don't know man. Tech is pretty tasty. feeds my nukes, makes em big and strong

[/quote]

Way to bring OOC logs IC.

[/quote]

You only need 1k infra to buy nukes. DT and NoR can attest to that, i was rebuying to 1k to restock daily during bi-polar. It was fun.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1297647290' post='2631787']
If you all think this is the same CSN that stood by GATO you are wrong, this is an alliance now run by Xiph.
[/quote]
And don't you forget that fact. You wanna talk to CSN, you go through Xiph.
[img]http://webpages.charter.net/evil0ne/Xiph-MoP.jpeg[/img]

[/quote]

Is this tripe needed? and another Lol Peacemode, I don't agree with CSN on this stance they are taking, and have told Liz personally she is an evil monster, but really, get some better material if you are looking to shame her

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1297727743' post='2633582']
Not an unreasonable analysis, but you missed a couple key points that keep you from having a full understanding. Perfectly acceptable as an outsider to the conflict.

Essentially, CSN and LoSS were, as you said, negotiating peace. However, LoSS had made it quite clear that they would not leave the war until TIO received peace. Considering that TIO had not received peace, LoSS had every intention of staying in and they made that clear to us. We were not misled by them. Though negotiations had begun, a peace agreement was a week away. We went to CSN and Legacy to talk about peace after TIO had received peace. That is when they went berserk.

Oh, and we did not attack CSN. We attacked Legacy in defense of LoSS as we are honor-bound to. CSN attacked us in defense of Legacy, as they are honor-bound to. We obviously were not taking a potshot at CSN, as we did not even go after them, though they were the biggest alliance engaged with LoSS (but LoSS told us they were having the most trouble with Legacy). Legacy seemed to have no issue with our method of entry, as they were and continue to be in favor of white peace.

Hope I cleared things up :)
[/quote]

Sure it might be a week away, but you all knew peace was on it's way and negotiations had begun. You probably entered with the best intentions, but put yourself in their shoes. I'd be pretty angry, too, if me and my buddies were being attacked by the allies of the guys I was about to hand white peace to right in the middle of the talks. You can play the card that you were honor bound to enter, but even then, I don't see anything wrong with CSN keeping you at war for the time-being.

In reality, they probably never expected you to take those terms. They were still offered as an alternative, but were obviously jacked-up a bit because CSN wasn't ready to peace out. You'll probably take offense to this, but they're more of a favor than a way to keep your guys down. Come back after a few more rounds with them still being that high (if they even exist), and I'll take your side that they're being exploitative. But the evidence just doesn't add up for me to draw that conclusion right now.