Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Cortath

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1295844221' post='2595447']
We did resolve the issue. We were fine with the resolution. Argent was fine with the resolution. FEB was fine with the resolution. Thessaly refused. A protectorate means we guide them and protect them from unprovoked attack. This was not unprovoked. I wish Thessaly could have realized this without us canceling the treaty, but at least they finally have.
[/quote]

I am sorry sir but are you referring to when i was told to drop said members? If so then of course i refused. IT is not for FEB, NPO, Argent or any other alliance to choose who I may have in my alliance. I setteled this situation on my own. The only spot where NPO assisted me was in proving me wrong when it came down to me thinking I had a protector that wasnt afraid to stand up and honor its word. More appropriet so, Thessaly had yet to act out any hostilities against FEB....therefore NPO should have activated Article V: amendment and withdrawl. Thus giving Thessaly 7 days warning before the cancelation of the treaty.

[quote name='Iserlohn' timestamp='1295827813' post='2594843']
So one of Argent's protectorates (First Earth Battalion) declares on one of NPO's protectorates (Thessaly), for who knows what reason.

NPO, rather than resolve the issue with Argent, cuts ties with their protectorate and throws them under the bus. That's... pretty messed up.
[/quote]

Thessaly as a protectee had the duty to not instigate or engage in aggressive behavior against a third party. They further had the duty to seek our consul in all matters regarding foreign affairs. There was a simple misunderstanding between FEB and Thessaly, Thessaly rather than resolve it in due course through diplomacy, wanted to 'teach FEB a lesson'. We told them to negotiate, they refused.

I don't see what is controversial here. A protectorate is an offer of guidance and a willingness to protect an alliance against unprovoked aggression and raiding. It is not a blank check to the resources of the protector in an altogether reckless and fundamentally unwarranted act of war.

Last night the mindset of thessaly leadership was more or less that of a would be rogue. Where this change of heart came from, I have not the slightest clue, nonetheless I am glad to see it resolved and both parties satisfied.

Edited by iamthey

Iamthey I can agree with you to an extent. I will admit i was not pleased by the actions taken yesterday. What good leader would not be pissed off when long time members are attacked for no reason. The matter still stands that to date Thessaly made no aggressive motions against FEB, Aritcale V would have been more appropriet to suffice NPO's wants.

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1295850219' post='2595990']
Last night the mindset of thessaly leadership was more or less that of a would be rogue. Where this change of heart came from, I have not the slightest clue, nonetheless I am glad to see it resolved and both parties satisfied.
[/quote]
They pretty much stated in this topic it was because "we had no other option." In other words, they were using you for your swing, and when you refused to be used, they gave in. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PYU3Q.gif[/IMG]

Inall fairness though this topic has gotten horribly off topic. If NPO does not wish to be involved in conflict (weather that be conflict afar or in their own back yard) that is their choice. If anyone has any questions you can find me at #cnthess or send me a PM.

[quote name='Mary the Fantabulous' timestamp='1295804472' post='2594025']
No, this is not the announcement you think it will be. The New Pacific Order apologises for all of the disappointment this topic will generate. ;P

Reading is nice.
[/quote]

So is sarcasm, right?

[quote name='Santa123' timestamp='1295850797' post='2596039']Inall fairness though this topic has gotten horribly off topic. If NPO does not wish to be involved in conflict (weather that be conflict afar or in their own back yard) that is their choice. If anyone has any questions you can find me at #cnthess or send me a PM.[/quote]

The difference is your context of a conflict. You asked for guidance and we suggested a diplomatic route to which you vehemently refused to hear any talk of. You had made your mind up that Thessaly was going down in flames for your own principles and there was no other option. We supported diplomacy, you only spoke of war.

At no point whatsoever did you or your gov approach us and agree to the diplomacy route. We even spoke to your gov before posting the cancellation and there was never any mention of diplomacy with FEB. So if you would like to continue to spread lies about the situation than by all means do so but you are entirely responsible for the loss of the protectorate.

[quote name='Silent Spectre' timestamp='1295879489' post='2596541']
So when will Pacifca join this war? We all know it's just a matter of time before they are pulled in.
[/quote]
Christ, just hold on. IF we declare war, the timing of it will neither be disclosed nor dictated to or by the OWF.

[quote name='Santa123' timestamp='1295849907' post='2595970']
I am sorry sir but are you referring to when i was told to drop said members? If so then of course i refused. IT is not for FEB, NPO, Argent or any other alliance to choose who I may have in my alliance. I setteled this situation on my own. The only spot where NPO assisted me was in proving me wrong when it came down to me thinking I had a protector that wasnt afraid to stand up and honor its word. More appropriet so, Thessaly had yet to act out any hostilities against FEB....therefore NPO should have activated Article V: amendment and withdrawl. Thus giving Thessaly 7 days warning before the cancelation of the treaty.
[/quote]

Directly from our treaty:

"Should Thessaly instigate or engage in hostile behavior towards a third party, the entirety of this agreement becomes voidable, at the discretion of the NPO."

You aided and accepted two nations that had gone rogue on a FEB nation and when presented with that you refused to handle things diplomatically. While they did attack one of your nations you initiated the hostilities in this case. By ignoring our council you had already voided the agreement. Only after we pulled our support did you decide it was time to look for a diplomatic resolution.

Edited by Gandroff

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1295907743' post='2597189']
fwiw, i dont give a crap if you enter the war or not and i also read the post detailing why this was dropped
[/quote]

On behalf of the New Pacific Order, I thank you.