A Recognition of Hostility

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1295481154' post='2584460']

This is bigwoody's version of events.

Not everyone remembers it the same way. And you weren't there.

(Let's just say that everyone else who was there who wasn't bigwoody remembers it differently.)
[/quote]

Of course I wasn't there; I was just paraphrasing TORNs official announcement from the time. I may have missed the thread that disproved this of course.

Edited by SonOfHoward

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1295433304' post='2583642']
Umbrella has parsers and check-ins, would you consider our organisation or military preparedness to be silly or incompetent? Not all parsers come though that method and there's no downside to having an extra manual check-in as an additional test of activity or to draw people to specific or particular information. I'd challenge you to find out who has these unnecessary extra checks and compare their organisation and performance in war to those who don't and then come back and tell me that they're 'silly'.
[/quote]

i do believe we have checkins as well. what i dont believe is any military info other than activity is open to anyone but correct officials..

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1295488319' post='2584665']
I can confirm that such a treaty was canceled. Justification was never required to anyone but those involved.
[/quote]

Well, justification wasn't brought in until Ryan misinterpreted and thought I was disputing it being justified. D34th and Haflinger were saying it didn't happen. No need to get defensive.

Edited by Antoine Roquentin

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1295470979' post='2584233']
Somehow I doubt you couldn't have done what you did without your alliance generally being behind your actions.
[/quote]

im loyal to the alliance not the leader. the leader does something stupid i wont leave or not fight for him because of it. my friends and allies dont deserve to be deserted because of one mans actions.

[quote name='SonOfHoward' timestamp='1295489076' post='2584676']
Of course I wasn't there; I was just paraphrasing TORNs official announcement from the time. [b]I may have missed the thread that disproved this of course.[/b]
[/quote]

There was none. Just parrots that swallow Order stories wholesale and regurgitate them to look clever. Or, in Haf's case, continue a long string of not knowing anything about what they speak. Different topic altogether though :v:

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1295487451' post='2584648']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=57391

Here you go. Also another Haflinger inaccuracy!
[/quote]

Not surprising at all.

Edited by mythicknight

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1295489929' post='2584699']
There was none. Just parrots that swallow Order stories wholesale and regurgitate them to look clever. Or, in Haf's case, continue a long string of not knowing anything about what they speak. Different topic altogether though :v:
[/quote]
Funny, I don't remember TORN bringing forth any proof either. It must just be hard to keep records when you're running away so fast, right?

From my perspective TORN didn't run away and they've never made me think they'll run from a fight. Rather solid alliance.

I think betraying your allies and leaving them high and dry tends to irk that ally. (insert picture of that crying emo teenager yelling, "I SURRENDER!") But of course it's [i]all[/i] puppetmaster TORN's fault NPO got smashed, right?

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1295487451' post='2584648']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=57391

Here you go. Also another Haflinger inaccuracy!
[/quote]

You are right, my bad. I though the treaty was just suspended during Karma war and the cancelation was after Karma. unhappily I can't be right always :P

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1295490683' post='2584729']
Funny, I don't remember TORN bringing forth any proof either. It must just be hard to keep records when you're running away so fast, right?
[/quote]

Perhaps one of the members who fled during the implosion accidentally spirited the evidence away with them.

Funny, I don't remember TORN bringing forth any proof either.
[/quote]

Go ahead and look through the thread(s). Do your own work if you're trying to argue about it :smug: Though I'll give you a hint, #onevision had all kinds of things said. I took the cannoli.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1295491281' post='2584746']
From my perspective TORN didn't run away and they've never made me think they'll run from a fight. Rather solid alliance.

I think betraying your allies and leaving them high and dry tends to irk that ally. (insert picture of that crying emo teenager yelling, "I SURRENDER!") But of course it's [i]all[/i] puppetmaster TORN's fault NPO got smashed, right?
[/quote]

Thanks. It magically became "TORN's War" to them afterward :lol1: Yeah, we got [live edit: more] irked, then we got even. I don't regret it one bit.

[/quote]
Right, your perspective. But what exactly is that based on? TORN's word, nothing more, which is exactly what mythicknight was ridiculing those who accept NPO's version for. And yes, Pacifica was quite irked when TORN betrayed them. And no, they weren't a puppetmaster, they were just stupid.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1295493276' post='2584789']
Always the victim complex I see. Can't really play that card with your history though.
[/quote]
It's kind of hard to have a victim complex when you were the one wronged. Though I fail to see how you got victim complex from my post. Also, [i]my[/i] history?

Edited by WorldConqueror

[/quote]

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

There is a difference between running away and withdrawing as we did. Would you have preferred us getting curb stomped as it was so planned?

[/quote]

Your statement is both fair and honorable. Congratulations, Mr. Buscemi, you are the ray of sunshine that makes me retain hope in humanity here on Planet Bob. You are both a gentleman and a scholar.

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1295491789' post='2584759']
Perhaps one of the members who fled during the implosion accidentally spirited the evidence away with them.
[/quote]

There are leaders of TORN that were around during Karma that are still here in TORN... and in this thread actually. :) So, I'm pretty sure that anyone that fled did so by their own accord. Not because we were trying to smuggle top secret info out of TORN.

We have been saying the same thing since day one. Allies came to us saying that NPO's wartime strategy had an underlying theme of "Oh Crap" and "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse". Of course, they did refuse and we got a heads up about it. As far as I'm concerned, our story hasn't evolved over time.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1295492391' post='2584773']
Right, your perspective. But what exactly is that based on? TORN's word, nothing more, which is exactly what mythicknight was ridiculing those who accept NPO's version for. And yes, Pacifica was quite irked when TORN betrayed them. And no, they weren't a puppetmaster, they were just stupid.
[/quote]
Well at least you finally admit we werent some sort of magical puppetmaster. We were stupid, though, we trusted you. We were stupid again in trusting Polar last war. Though I'll admit Polar betrayed us worse than you did, as you just did it to try and save your own skins, while they were outright setting us up.

All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

I am glad to see that this war is so obviously a sham that we've already stopped talking about it, as there really isn't much to discuss.

A shameful sham, and not even a very good set up. Totally transparent and obvious even just from reading the original VE DoW. This only confirms what anyone not actively trying their hardest to follow Impero could already see from a mile away.

Just want to say, I'm not TORN.... but I was in a previous life (KungFuGeek for anybody that remembers), and i was a regent in TORN back then.

From my recollection, NPO did attempt to discuss peace terms on day 1 that did not include TORN. In TORN's Gov channel, everybody was completely pissed off and felt betrayed. We thought screw them then, why the hell are we going to fight then.

So yes, from TORNs perspective, NPO was negotiating a surrender and about to leave TORN holding the bag.