MFO-FAN Resolution

JoshuaR

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1295044982' post='2575422']
There were also others that were more connected (I won't put anyone on the spot here by mentioning names) that were willing to go in should it have been asked of them.
[/quote]
That's the funny bit. MFO isn't AS horribly connected as some believe. We are so merciful.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1295013093' post='2575032']
MFO hold one MDoAP treaty and that's with another micro alliance called Ether. This was never going to escalate.[/quote]

Really I thought that they held a treaty with OBR as well.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1295019998' post='2575107']
Swift justice, quick peace, logical reparations in that the amount is only for the initial damages. Not one walks away butthurt.

This should be the way it is always done, but I know I'm asking too much.
[/quote]

What shall you ask for next, that the Sun shall not rise the next day? You need to have more realistic expectations comrade.

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1295026952' post='2575215']
Up until now, this thread was missing something very important.

[img]http://www.dlsports.com/cqb_images/ar15_1911_med.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.popguns.com/makotactical/images/AR15BETA.jpg[/img]

Fixed it for you.
[/quote]

First get your damned weapon out of the sand, for admin's sake! Second, again I notice FAN has an unhealthy obsession with certain 5.56 weapons, honestly consider the advantages of some of the many finer quality weapons out there. Your killing power will increase dramatically I promise!

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1295043027' post='2575377']
Most of them would have been aimed at us, but what's CN without nukes? Why play if that is not your goal? There could have been far more nukes flying in both directions if so desired.
[/quote]

You accepted peace for two prime reasons:

1. You are a laid back guy so you didn't really want war [i]generally[/i].

and

2. Your alliance was woefully unprepared for war in numerous categories. One category is your war chests - we would have bill locked one of your largest nations within 48 hrs and several others within the next few days.

The far, [b]far[/b] majority of our nukes would not have been directed at you if other alliances had come in to support MFO spying away baby guns for FAN's little tot's.

MFO are fun (at least Josh who we interacted with).

But MFO were not mericiful in this case. They simply made a smart move post war.

[quote name='Petrovich4' timestamp='1295090344' post='2575951']
But MFO were not mericiful in this case. They simply made a smart move post war.
[/quote]

The mercy by which I stated, was their decision to not let the war escalate anyfurther beyond their own borders.

Sometimes mercy isn't about what you can do to someone that you avert, but what your friends can do you don't want happening, be it for any number of reasons.

PS: The guy who said NOIR was doing nothing, I'd just like to say this all happened in under 24 hours, and some of us need to get sleep and work.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1295104456' post='2576034']
Ah yeah, though if I remember correctly it's an ODP.
[/quote]

True but OBR appears to be the type of alliance which should their allies in MFO have decided to respond to this incident by swinging, would stand by their treaty. Also I think the world would have pressured it just to see a Hime Themis nuke damage report. :ehm:

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1295044982' post='2575422']
There were also others that were more connected (I won't put anyone on the spot here by mentioning names) that were willing to go in should it have been asked of them.
[/quote]

Ahhhh SirWilliam, you are only aware of the tip of the iceberg.

[quote name='SyndicatedINC' timestamp='1295074007' post='2575847']
Really I thought that they held a treaty with OBR as well.

What shall you ask for next, that the Sun shall not rise the next day? You need to have more realistic expectations comrade.

First get your damned weapon out of the sand, for admin's sake! Second, again I notice FAN has an unhealthy obsession with certain 5.56 weapons, honestly consider the advantages of some of the many finer quality weapons out there. Your killing power will increase dramatically I promise!
[/quote]

First, two quick and dirty pictures hardly portray a collection. Second, please don't bring Admin into these discussions as I doubt they are a favorite topic of theirs. Third, while I understand and appreciate your concerns re: the 5.56 round, it also has many proven advantages. Fourth, yes, we love our ARs but if you think for even a nano second that we are limited to that platform, you need to see your shrink and get your meds changed. Fifth, If you are tired of seeing ARs from us know, just wait until we start posting all of our custom builds with our new Custom FAN Lowers. :P

Have a good day.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1295104141' post='2576031']
The mercy by which I stated, was their decision to not let the war escalate anyfurther beyond their own borders.[/quote]

They started it. No really, they did. I seriously doubt you would have gotten a NOIR concensus. If elements within NOIR had aggressively acted in support of MFO's initial attack (the spying) the reprecussions would have been glowing from many coloured spheres.

For those that thought we attacked for the sake of attacking, you don't understand our train of thoughts. Yes, when we go to war we leap into the night, fangs out and hair on fire. Look at the senority of the MFO nation that spied. He's not ignorant and FAN inferred that attacking the individual or alliance would have probably resulted in the same outcome. The only difference would be time. So what did we do?

Well, we did leap into that unknown night, fangs out and hair on fire.

[quote]PS: The guy who said NOIR was doing nothing, I'd just like to say this all happened in under 24 hours, and some of us need to get sleep and work.
[/quote]

We're just that good.

[quote name='SyndicatedINC' timestamp='1295106445' post='2576053']
True but OBR appears to be the type of alliance which should their allies in MFO have decided to respond to this incident by swinging, would stand by their treaty. Also I think the world would have pressured it just to see a Hime Themis nuke damage report. :ehm:
[/quote]
Perhaps. FAN does have one nation in range of Hime Themis; something tells me that Evil Uncle Tom would not have fared particularly well in that scenario.

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1295112199' post='2576127']
First, two quick and dirty pictures hardly portray a collection. Second, please don't bring Admin into these discussions as I doubt they are a favorite topic of theirs. Third, while I understand and appreciate your concerns re: the 5.56 round, it also has many proven advantages. Fourth, yes, we love our ARs but if you think for even a nano second that we are limited to that platform, you need to see your shrink and get your meds changed. Fifth, If you are tired of seeing ARs from us know, just wait until we start posting all of our custom builds with our new Custom FAN Lowers. :P

Have a good day.
[/quote]

The epic FAN-15 build is getting closer. I cannot wait. :war: Sneak peek for you.

[img]http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz282/CDPII/FANlower.jpg[/img]

Edited by CDPII

I notice FAN has an unhealthy obsession with certain 5.56 weapons, honestly consider the advantages of some of the many finer quality weapons out there. Your killing power will increase dramatically I promise!
[/quote]

I, myself, prefer the 7.62 flavor.

[img]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p232/brothermak/GunZ/Picture001.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

How's .30-06?

[IMG]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p264/sirsqueeboo/CIMG0041-1.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1295116465' post='2576185']
Perhaps. FAN does have one nation in range of Hime Themis; something tells me that Evil Uncle Tom would not have fared particularly well in that scenario.
[/quote]

We in FAN have a history of unnerving those who underestimate us. :)

Edited by SirSqueeboo

Have a good day.
[/quote]
Oh boy.

Time to put the expensive table wear in the vault again.

It was great own this bar since the last owner died in a pain full shooting duel about two days ago.

Edited by xoindotnler

[quote name='SirSqueeboo' timestamp='1295132522' post='2576391']
We in FAN have a history of unnerving those who underestimate us. :)
[/quote]
To be fair, Themis does have 175K NS and 25K tech on him; such a disparity is hard to overcome even with the greatest of tactics.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295134186' post='2576411']
To be fair, Themis does have 175K NS and 25K tech on him; such a disparity is hard to overcome even with the greatest of tactics.
[/quote]
You are assuming he would bother getting involved in the war

Yep, a 1000+ day nation spied $7.8mil from FAN with no other previous activity of the sort. Obviously this was a premeditated act of war for which FAN's ~30 war declarations upon various alliance members (I noticed they didn't attack me, for shame) was fully justified. ;) Even if winters had done what occurred on purpose, the immediate escalation makes the scenario as follows:

nation A spies a pitiful amount of money from another nation B
nation B's alliance attacks nation A's alliance. (the first alliance attack)
had not nation A's alliance shown mercy, nation A's allies would have come to defend nation A's alliance from an alliance-wide attack.

FAN would have been fully justified in FAN-piling nation A until some resolution was met. They did not do this, and thus, MFO was merciful for not allowing the war to escalate.

Have a good day.
[/quote]

Sorry for the vitriol, it is just difficult not to take it personally when just such a variant has on multiple occasions attempted to get one killed. :ph34r:

[quote name='CDPII' timestamp='1295116754' post='2576188']
The epic FAN-15 build is getting closer. I cannot wait. :war: Sneak peek for you.
[/quote]

:awesome: Okay, I'll give that this is pretty friggin sweet!

[quote name='BrotherMak' timestamp='1295130527' post='2576368']
I, myself, prefer the 7.62 flavor.
[img]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p232/brothermak/GunZ/Picture001.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
[quote name='SirSqueeboo' timestamp='1295132522' post='2576391']
How's .30-06?
[IMG]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p264/sirsqueeboo/CIMG0041-1.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

Now those be some civil defense weapons for certain. :wub:

[quote name='CDPII' timestamp='1295116754' post='2576188']

[/quote]

Sweet jesus that looks sexy. I picked one up myself :ph34r: Can't wait to start it.

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1295140895' post='2576473']
FAN would have been fully justified in FAN-piling nation A until some resolution was met. They did not do this, and thus, MFO was merciful for not allowing the war to escalate.
[/quote]

Completely rational and sensible, also the most likely course of action for many an State Government on Planet Bob, including my own. Thus as you say MFO was being merciful (by normal standards of Digiterra) when they refrained from escalating. However FANs actions while not justifiable to most alliances are justifiable as consistent with their own policies. In the end it is as AirMe stated in the other thread:

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1295113983' post='2576150']Again I will say that, you have a right to set your own policies just like I have the right to complain about them.[/quote]