MFO-FAN Resolution

JoshuaR

[quote name='SyndicatedINC' timestamp='1295142263' post='2576493']
Completely rational and sensible, also the most likely course of action for many an State Government on Planet Bob, including my own. Thus as you say MFO was being merciful (by normal standards of Digiterra) when they refrained from escalating. However FANs actions while not justifiable to most alliances are justifiable as consistent with their own policies. In the end it is as AirMe stated in the other thread:
[/quote]
Yep, I fully agree, and as a whole don't disagree with aggressive democracy, since it keeps the world a-turning. The only thing is, it means by whichever standards you look at it, you can always say that "Your Side" was the defender, and as such, it gives all allies free reign to jump on and join in.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1295142397' post='2576495']
Yep, I fully agree, and as a whole don't disagree with aggressive democracy, since it keeps the world a-turning. The only thing is, it means by whichever standards you look at it, you can always say that "Your Side" was the defender, and as such, it gives all allies free reign to jump on and join in.
[/quote]

True, that ultimately that is wherein it comes down to personal integrity and responsibility on the part of alliance leaders to perform an honest and true assessment of a situation and not simply manipulate the perception of facts to fit the situation one would prefer existed. While this does mean two parties could in all honest and fairness believe that their side and position is the true defender (which I would argue is likely the case here), general consensus across the planet is usually less divided if one cuts through the political facade and bias.

[quote name='CDPII' timestamp='1295116754' post='2576188']
The epic FAN-15 build is getting closer. I cannot wait. :war: Sneak peek for you.

[img]http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz282/CDPII/FANlower.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I enjoy this thoroughly

[quote name='BrotherMak' timestamp='1295130527' post='2576368']
I, myself, prefer the 7.62 flavor.

[img]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p232/brothermak/GunZ/Picture001.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Yes, 7.62 is good.

[IMG]http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad168/snaz567/DSC00882.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Petrovich4' timestamp='1295090344' post='2575951']
You accepted peace for two prime reasons:1. You are a laid back guy so you didn't really want war [i]generally[/i].and2. Your alliance was woefully unprepared for war in numerous categories. One category is your war chests - we would have bill locked one of your largest nations within 48 hrs and several others within the next few days. The far, [b]far[/b] majority of our nukes would not have been directed at you if other alliances had come in to support MFO spying away baby guns for FAN's little tot's.MFO are fun (at least Josh who we interacted with).But MFO were not mericiful in this case. They simply made a smart move post war.
[/quote]
Yes, it's true some of our members would have been bill locked almost immedatily because we have become very accustomed to peace and well being lazy and laid back to be honest.

But there's some of us who are well aware that war could always be an option through our allies, usually not right on our doorstep like this incident. So we've been sitting at the same infra levels for great lengths of time, and a couple of us at what I would even consider insane amounts of time.

So at the [b]very[/b]least you would have had 6 or 7 of us nuking everyone in your 20k-100k NS range for a solid few months.