An open letter to the SOS Brigade regarding spy operations

porksaber

[quote name='Darth Pollard' timestamp='1295150527' post='2576596']
Curiosity = Aggressive

It's not the same bro. Stop trying.
[/quote]
You're trying to argue that spy operations aren't aggressive? They can cause damage, so I would consider it aggressive even if curiosity is the reason behind it. If someone launches spy operations against members of Tetris, you wouldn't consider that aggressive?

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295150274' post='2576586']
From what was posted here it seems you guys were the ones to offer to post an apology here after your spy attacks and they agreed to it, but you gave them this instead...
[/quote]

by "before" i meant "in the past". my mistake, i can see how that word would be misconstrued.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295150770' post='2576601']
You're trying to argue that spy operations aren't aggressive? They can cause damage, so I would consider it aggressive even if curiosity is the reason behind it. If someone launches spy operations against members of Tetris, you wouldn't consider that aggressive?
[/quote]
You do realize that the majority of the spy ops have been gather intel. Not aggressive, so much so not aggressive that you can do them to a nation in peace mode. Or were you not aware of this?

[quote name='Micheal Malone' timestamp='1295173028' post='2577018']
You do realize that the majority of the spy ops have been gather intel. Not aggressive, so much so not aggressive that you can do them to a nation in peace mode. Or were you not aware of this?
[/quote]
So if someone from another alliance was to spy on you or a fellow alliance member to gather intel you would let that slide? is that what your saying? !@#$ man your a far more tolerant human being than myself :D

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295150770' post='2576601']
[/quote]

Yes, that is EXACTLY what I was arguing. I am clearly stating at some point in my post that spy operations are not aggressive, because we all know that an "=" means "Completely the opposite of" </blatant sarcasm>

Dude, I love okra! You wouldn't beileive how hard it is to find a place in the city that serves it.

[quote name='porksaber' timestamp='1294622248' post='2570491'] It is odd, no one seems to know what it is, and from the moment you put it in your mouth, you wonder if doing that was a good idea.
[/quote]

Boy, I know what that's like.

:unsure:

We all know spying builds a good casus belli (for who still needs to use one, nowadays), no matter what kind of spy operation was undertaken. I would have rolled anyone spying on any of my alliance mates without even considering not to.

[quote name='Micheal Malone' timestamp='1295173028' post='2577018']
[/quote]

Spying is an act of war. If it had been another alliance, SLCB would've been rolled. I think we, at the very least, deserve an apology instead of getting bashed publicly.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1295211929' post='2577620']
We all know spying builds a good casus belli (for who still needs to use one, nowadays), no matter what kind of spy operation was undertaken. I would have rolled anyone spying on any of my alliance mates without even considering not to.
[/quote]

^This.

Edited by Expletive Deleted

[quote name='Darth Pollard' timestamp='1295184612' post='2577088']
Yes, that is EXACTLY what I was arguing. I am clearly stating at some point in my post that spy operations are not aggressive, because we all know that an "=" means "Completely the opposite of" </blatant sarcasm>
[/quote]
Considering spy operations randomly kill millions of dollars worth of the defenders spies, I consider them aggressive regardless of what spy mission is used. Just like it is with a ground attack damage isn't always done, but there is always a chance it will cause damage and whoever is doing the spy operation has decided any damage done to the nation on the receiving end is worth it. If causing loses to another nation who is minding their own business so you can interfere with the affairs of that nation isn't aggressive, I don't know what is.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295222496' post='2577856']
Considering spy operations randomly kill millions of dollars worth of the defenders spies, I consider them aggressive regardless of what spy mission is used.
[/quote]

Please re-read my posts. I make it plainly obvious to all that I agree that spy attacks are aggressive.

[quote name='Darth Pollard' timestamp='1295132348' post='2576388']
What does the above story bring to the world? Nothing. Just like your alliance.
[/quote]
In this thread, the SOS Brigade has brought us drama, the only reason any of us are in alliances other than the GPA. This, one single act, ignoring anything else they may have done, is literally more than anything Tetris has ever done ever. Seriously. What has Tetris brought to the world? Oooh, you're a video game themed alliance! That is totally original! You've fought in a single war, in which you were not at all the cause, nor large enough to make a difference. Your alliance is a waste of space in every imaginable way. SOS is at least unique. While I'm sure they aren't the only Anime theme alliance ever made, they're probably the only one who's had even moderate success.

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1295230685' post='2578056']
In this thread, the SOS Brigade has brought us drama, the only reason any of us are in alliances other than the GPA. This, one single act, ignoring anything else they may have done, is literally more than anything Tetris has ever done ever. Seriously. What has Tetris brought to the world? Oooh, you're a video game themed alliance! That is totally original! You've fought in a single war, in which you were not at all the cause, nor large enough to make a difference. Your alliance is a waste of space in every imaginable way. SOS is at least unique. While I'm sure they aren't the only Anime theme alliance ever made, they're probably the only one who's had even moderate success.
[/quote]

True that. We've contributed absolutely nothing to the world in any way, shape, or form. Please roll us as soon as possible.

Oh, by the way, who are you again?

In this thread, the SOS Brigade has brought us drama, the only reason any of us are in alliances other than the GPA.
[/quote]

Except they didn't. If we're to believe what they say, this would have been solved diplomatically with no public drama or anything had this gone SOS's way. According to them, all they did was have nations that could be spied on.

SLCB has to take the credit for the drama in this case.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1295233157' post='2578111']
Oh, by the way, who are you again?
[/quote]
In relation to this thread, which arose from a dispute between two alliances that are not Tetris and whom Tetris is not treatied to, I might ask you the same question.

Edited by Michael von Prussia

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' timestamp='1295234476' post='2578130']
SLCB has to take the credit for the drama in this case.
[/quote]

we are more than happy to take all kinds of credit for things we are and are not responsible for. :awesome:

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295116954' post='2576194']
If you have to dig that far back to find any dirt on him and that's the best you come up with, he seems to have a pretty clean slate. I've always found Arrnea to be trustworthy and am surprised at what you guys resort to in the way of lies to damage his reputation in this thread apparently made to sling mud at SOS Brigade by your ally.
[/quote]

Clearly you didn't pay attention to the drama when NsO split off from SOS.

As far as SOS people saying we have a grudge, remember you were the ones who accused us.

Btw, who shut down whose embassy again???

[/quote]
I don't know Tetris, but to be completely honest, SOS needs to grow a pair.

[/quote]

Well shucks :wub:. You're too kind.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1295284781' post='2578686']
Also: wtf is with the Pacifcan hate up in hurr. Like we did anything to you. Jeez.
[/quote]
Please don't associate a few members of Pacifica speaking their minds with "Pacifian hate" towards your alliance.

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' timestamp='1295235541' post='2578164']
In relation to this thread, which arose from a dispute between two alliances that are not Tetris and whom Tetris is not treatied to, I might ask you the same question.
[/quote]

We are always relevant.

[quote name='Erwin Schrodinger' timestamp='1295292716' post='2578814']
Everyone is relevant, as everyone has their opinion that should be listened to and respected equally to everyone else's. Everyone brings a different background to the table, and we should reward their contribution to the discussion with a smile and friendship, even if we disagree.
[/quote]

We must all learn to respect the natural curiosity of SLCB's members :wub: .

[quote name='Raffaello' timestamp='1295286213' post='2578699']
Please don't associate a few members of Pacifica speaking their minds with "Pacifian hate" towards your alliance.
[/quote]

Well, while it may only be a few Pacificans speaking their mind, members of Pacifica seem to be the only ones outside of SOS who are actually targeting us...