An open letter to the SOS Brigade regarding spy operations

porksaber

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1294897501' post='2573834']
I think SOS Brigade is a lot more of a worthwhile alliance than SLCB and I hope RIA has SOS Brigade's back in any action they take in response to this. I would like to commend SOS Brigade for remaining so level headed throughout this regardless of all the wrong doings towards them.
[/quote]

What you call level-headed, I call a mixture of cowardice and stupidity. While their decisions may have delayed war, SOS has set the precedent that their government has no real interest in protecting it's membership from spy attacks. If spying on your members isn't a good reason to go to war, then what is? Isn't that the purpose of an alliance, to provide protection to it's nations? I know that if you caught me spying on Kerberos Nexus nations multiple times, and Logan refused to do anything about it, you'd go to war with us even if it meant getting the snot beaten out of you. It's just hard for me to see your reasoning in supporting SOS's pacifism here, especially when it's clearly had no effect in stopping the spying.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1294924762' post='2574025']
What you call level-headed, I call a mixture of cowardice and stupidity. While their decisions may have delayed war, SOS has set the precedent that their government has no real interest in protecting it's membership from spy attacks. If spying on your members isn't a good reason to go to war, then what is? Isn't that the purpose of an alliance, to provide protection to it's nations? I know that if you caught me spying on Kerberos Nexus nations multiple times, and Logan refused to do anything about it, you'd go to war with us even if it meant getting the snot beaten out of you. It's just hard for me to see your reasoning in supporting SOS's pacifism here, especially when it's clearly had no effect in stopping the spying.
[/quote]
I think SOS Brigade should go to war, but they should make sure they have the support of their allies before moving in so we don't just see a curb stomp happen to them for defending themselves. I agree if I was spied on multiple times I probably would of declared war a while ago already, but considering the 4th spy attack SOS Brigade's position if they go to war is now stronger than ever as they have plenty of evidence at this point to show their allies they are defending themselves against unjustified aggression.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Darth Pollard' timestamp='1294941551' post='2574190']
Tetris is the grapes in the soup. It has nothing to do with the particular soup in question, but keeps getting put back in there anyway.
[/quote]

Grapes in a soup!? GRAPES? This is not acceptable, you'll be hearing from me soon. :mad:

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1294914733' post='2573970']
More accurate, imo, is SOS-RIA-SF and then SLCB-iFOK(or PC)-PB
[/quote]
Or even SOS-INT-C&G (ODN).

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1294924762' post='2574025']
[/quote]
It seems you are not familiar with the difference in actions of single entities and actions of an alliance body; I suggest you study up.

[quote name='Jaymjaym' timestamp='1294953786' post='2574362']
I would be surprised to see iFOK/PC back SLCB on this, considering their stance on NEW.
[/quote]
You would be surprised.

Oh wait, you already said that. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PYU3Q.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1294955142' post='2574374']
Perhaps it is a desert soup.
[/quote]

Well I'll be...
This exists. I never knew. I learn new things every day!
Kinda want fruit now :(

[img]http://www.epicurious.com/images/recipesmenus/2005/2005_october/232820.jpg[/img]

[url="http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chilled-Grape-Soup-232820"]If anyone is interested as to what's in it.[/url]

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1294952761' post='2574353']
It seems you are not familiar with the difference in actions of single entities and actions of an alliance body; I suggest you study up.
[/quote]
So will SOS be taking action on the single entities that spied?

[quote name='imbored24470' timestamp='1294955792' post='2574379']
Well I'll be...
This exists. I never knew. I learn new things every day!
Kinda want fruit now :(

[img]http://www.epicurious.com/images/recipesmenus/2005/2005_october/232820.jpg[/img]

[url="http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chilled-Grape-Soup-232820"]If anyone is interested as to what's in it.[/url]
[/quote]

It truly is delicious.

[quote name='Raffaello' timestamp='1294958647' post='2574412']
[/quote]

Is whining and moaning considered to be "taking action" ?

[quote name='Raffaello' timestamp='1294958647' post='2574412']
[/quote]
They will be punished.

[quote name='Darth Pollard' timestamp='1294960242' post='2574435']
Is whining and moaning considered to be "taking action" ?
[/quote]
You must do a whole lot of nothing then. :mellow:

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1294965808' post='2574532']
As much as I loathe SOS and all that it stands for... uh... I can't bear to finish the sentence. Y'all can infer whatever you want.
[/quote]

You'd like to see SOS Brigade destroyed and grounded into dust.

That's what I wanted to infer.