The Commonsense Revolution

[quote name='Keve69' timestamp='1294550583' post='2569335']
Ever read the Merchant of Venice? When someone wants a pound of flesh bad enough, they'll use whatever they can get their hands on to get it.
[/quote]

You stole that line from Bones. [img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9197543/colbert.gif[/img]

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever read the Merchant of Venice? When someone wants a pound of flesh bad enough, they'll use whatever they can get their hands on to get it.
[/quote]

Ever see Samurai Delicatessen?
http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/comedy/watch/v16036274NPTQq7zE

If you order a cheeseburger, you expect to get a cheeseburger, not led around in circles.

[quote name='Keve69' timestamp='1294549238' post='2569315']
I'll hold you to that when you guys show up in a few weeks saying the deal has been made in bad faith and has to be canceled... once two thirds of the deal has completed.
[/quote]

Just hold up the reps end of the bargain in a timely manner and you can. I stand by the deals i make and i'll make damn sure the rest of R&R gov does too.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1294550771' post='2569340']
I as the Minister of Not-a-member of UINE do hereby state this deal is null and void, please come to me, for any future deals, since I am clearly much more prominent a government than that failsauce of an Emperor keve.
[/quote]

You sir are defeated! You forget the part where I expressedly mentioned to the other parties that *you* were not allowed to negotiate this issue!

[quote name='Keve69' timestamp='1294551559' post='2569352']
You sir are defeated! You forget the part where I expressedly mentioned to the other parties that *you* were not allowed to negotiate this issue!
[/quote]

Oh boo, I wanted to finally make a name for myself with this issue. I'm gonna leave UINE now and talk bad about you guys because you wouldn't let me have my fun. :(

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1294549359' post='2569318']
[font="Georgia"]Haven't really been paying too much attention to this whole issue. Why is Keve being ZI'd? Was he [i]that[/i] bad during negotiations?[/font]
[/quote]

They can't ZI the inital raiders b/c that would be too harsh, but they can ZI Keve [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/PsyduckEmot.gif[/img]

[color="#FF0000"]One would think that with a collection of powerful allies, like NpO and it's affiliates, that UINE could at least secure a more favorable conclusion, rather than buckling to the whims of traditionally cowardly alliances like Echelon. Congrats on having equally cowardly allies.

Those that have pressed this agreement are equally at fault. These terms reek of pre-Karma stench.[/color]

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1294552115' post='2569357']
[color="#FF0000"]One would think that with a collection of powerful allies, like NpO and it's affiliates, that UINE could at least secure a more favorable conclusion, rather than buckling to the whims of traditionally cowardly alliances like Echelon. Congrats on having equally cowardly allies.

Those that have pressed this agreement are equally at fault. These terms reek of pre-Karma stench.[/color]
[/quote]

The FA behind this blowing up is a lot more complicated then you make it out to be. I think these terms are stupid, but I think Keve made the right decision.

[/quote]

They reek of Pre-Karma stench because they were given by alliances who hid under the guise of Karma yet still have provided Draconian terms to any and all opposition since.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1294552304' post='2569363']
They reek of Pre-Karma stench because they were given by alliances who hid under the guise of Karma yet still have provided Draconian terms to any and all opposition since.
[/quote]
Echelon and AiD are alliances well known to be affiliated with "Karma", yes

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1294552398' post='2569368']
Echelon and AiD are alliances well known to be affiliated with "Karma", yes
[/quote]

Don't forget the biggest piece in this puzzle, RnR. Without them none of this would be possible.

[/quote]

Erm, pardon me. . .

Might I direct your obviously important attention to R&R? Y'know, that alliance that just happens to be in Superfriends. . .which is a rather well-connected bloc?

Certain individuals relevant to the crisis felt that this issue was not worth fighting a large, costly war over. . .even when the 'opposing' side instigated the whole issue to begin with, by overriding the 1st agreement made.

[color="#ff0000"]One would think that with a collection of powerful allies, like NpO and it's affiliates, that UINE could at least secure a more favorable conclusion, rather than buckling to the whims of traditionally cowardly alliances like Echelon. Congrats on having equally cowardly allies.

[/quote]

Notice how you haven't seen Polar making a statement of condemnation? Polar are exxtremely fierce allies, and if they didn't agree with this they would have said so. The truth is that Polar believes that Keve messed up as well. Anybody who actually knows what happened (and isn't in denial) agrees that this is quite a reasonable solution.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1294552262' post='2569361']
The FA behind this blowing up is a lot more complicated then you make it out to be. I think these terms are stupid, but I think Keve made the right decision.
[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]I am not going to do a whole lot of homework into this, but I will venture to say, that if Echelon hadn't perceived SF backing, they wouldn't have been nearly as bold in their "diplomacy"[/color]

[quote name='Caffine1' timestamp='1294552616' post='2569374']
Notice how you haven't seen Polar making a statement of condemnation? Polar are exxtremely fierce allies, and if they didn't agree with this they would have said so. The truth is that Polar believes that Keve messed up as well. Anybody who actually knows what happened (and isn't in denial) agrees that this is quite a reasonable solution.
[/quote]

Or maybe, like the rest of the community, they are fed up with seeing you guys rehash this situation over the OWF and have made the smarter decision (which the rest of us haven't) to ignore this thread.

[/quote]

I'm sorry, but for anyone in Echelon to question the loyalty of another alliance is quite laughable, especially you Caffine.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1294549717' post='2569324']
Overkill, is an understatement. All this crap for an alliance that won't exist in a couple of months. AiD, just disband now.
[/quote]
Oh, you! :blush:

[/quote]
Don't worry, when this is all done and dusted we'll sell you 2000 tech at the going rate.

[i]That[/i] will make everything better. :mellow:

[quote name='TimeMaster' timestamp='1294552549' post='2569371']
Certain individuals relevant to the crisis felt that this issue was not worth fighting a large, costly war over. . .[b]even when the 'opposing' side instigated the whole issue to begin with, by overriding the 1st agreement made[/b].
[/quote]
No, not correct. We were happy with the talks after 2 nations attacked, then all of a sudden 3 more nations attack and UINE changed their stance to no reps before eventually trying to cheat us with tech deals.

If it was as one sided as you proclaim, I doubt Keve's allies would've tolerated this decision.

[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]Regardless of whether or not I agree with the aggrieved parties complaints, accepting pre-Karma draconian terms to quench the blood lust of a cowardly alliance like Echelon is unacceptable. Giving into the juvenile desires of others at the expense of your allies is the very definition of cowardice.[/color]

[quote]No, not correct. We were happy with the talks after 2 nations attacked, then all of a sudden 3 more nations attack and UINE changed their stance to no reps before eventually trying to cheat us with tech deals.

If it was as one sided as you proclaim, I doubt Keve's allies would've tolerated this decision. [/quote]

Ah yes, because [i]clearly[/i] the government of an alliance is bound to *and* expected to pay for a deal you made with a bunch of rogues. Damn better head back 'Rogue 101' class, must've missed the part where they became entitled to enter in negotiations and make decisions on alliances behalf.

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1294553299' post='2569383']
[color="#ff0000"]Regardless of whether or not I agree with the aggrieved parties complaints, accepting pre-Karma draconian terms to quench the blood lust of a cowardly alliance like Echelon is unacceptable. Giving into the juvenile desires of others at the expense of your allies is the very definition of cowardice.[/color]
[/quote]

What part is pre-Karma Draconian terms? There's no permanent anything. We're not warring the whole alliance. Their leader gets ZI'd, and the aggrieved alliance gets $36 million. No forced disbandment, no permanent expulsions.

Edited by Caffine1