Regarding Recent Events

Robster83

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Altheus' timestamp='1294147720' post='2563046']
Blaming these events on UPN is just absurd. Next time some real life misfortune hits you, don't come running to me for help. Congratulating her for her act of vandalism, like you just did Destro, says an aweful lot about your character.
[/quote]

I don't support Peggy because she's pretty awful and Voytek, I did see her for what she was way back when it was even cool to do so, but don't act like anyone cares for UPN's sympathy when everyone here has to throw it to you. I still stand by what I said, UPN disband and Peggy go ahead and leave please. Just go away, no one that matters likes you at this point.

I don't condone what Peggy did, and think it was a pretty awful and childish thing to do.

A more apt analogy is "someone" leaving their car in "another"'s driveway rent free. "another" then tells "someone" get your damn car out of my driveway, you have a month. "someone" then proceeds to be hostile towards "another" in their dealings and "another" decides screw this your car is getting it's ass towed today.

UPN should have had the presence of mind to move the forums within days of being told "you have a month". The majority of the fault for the forums being defaced lies with Peggy, however some lies with UPN for deciding not to find a host sooner.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1294150603' post='2563067']
I still stand by what I said, UPN disband and Peggy go ahead and leave please. Just go away, no one that matters likes you at this point.
[/quote]

The game needs more people staying, not leaving. This sort of talk is completely uncalled for.

[quote]A more apt analogy is "someone" leaving their car in "another"'s driveway rent free. "another" then tells "someone" get your damn car out of my driveway, you have a month. "someone" then proceeds to be hostile towards "another" in their dealings and "another" decides screw this your car is getting it's ass towed today.[/quote]

That seems to fit pretty well from what I have seen and heard actually.

Two feuding groups that have spent way too much time 'stuck' in the same alliance together, forced to be nice to each other, eventually that changes and civility breaks down on both sides.

Let em slug it out till they get it out of their system, and hope they both learn something worthwhile.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1294141348' post='2563003']
Rob, i got no beef with you bro but you're just as dumb as her and ill briefly explain why

#1, she supposedly left on sour terms? why the blue hell would you not start looking into a new host THAT DAY..did you really think she wasnt going to cancel them? hell someone did this to Fark during Karma war

#2 for all intents and purposes this was her stuff, she paid for and owned and could put up whatever she pleases. Sure it was a pretty crappy thing to do and all but again i wouldnt have let someone like that have control of the forums

#3 Can i be the third Triumvirate? i want to raid that 14k infra/tech guy :)
[/quote]

It is mostly because when Peggy left, she took the majority of UPN gov with her, leaving them with two government members.

They were going to make a decision this week on what to use for their new hosting

Also, you are incorrect on #2

[quote name='bros2' timestamp='1294161973' post='2563173']
It is mostly because when Peggy left, she took the majority of UPN gov with her, leaving them with two government members.

They were going to make a decision this week on what to use for their new hosting

Also, you are incorrect on #2
[/quote]
Explain how im incorrect om #2, since everything said in this thread up to your post says she paid for the hosting and all that jazz

also, i see Altheus is alive and well why couldnt he hace said something to her the day she left or atleast began to make plans to get the hosting moved. come on bros Pegasus existed for TWO weeks, i couldve wrote the password down on paper and mailed it to you in the time it took UPN to get their act together

Wow that is incredibly petty, any good feelings I had towards Peggy just got wiped out in a single act of moronic child like revenge. Hope you get it all resolved with the minimum of hassle.

If she owns the domain, as unfortunate as it is for UPN, she can do whatever she wants with it. Electron Sponge once did something very similar to the .. I believe NpO forums, and it was his right to do so, as he owned them.

It sucks, but she can do whatever she wants with the domain if she's the owner.

[edit] also, as has already been said, if someone gives you an ultimatum, don't sit there with your thumbs up your ass waiting until the last minute to do something. If they gave you a month, do it right away, because really, as much as I hate peggy sue, if she really is the owner of the domain and all that as as been said throughout this thread, she didn't have to give you any warning at all. It does suck, but !@#$, consider this a lesson learned.

Edited by greenacres

Yes, UPN should've moved the boards ASAP, but doing what she did is just childish.

This is the same *&^$@ that has refered to members of Alchemy as "Slime". Rocks and glass houses or something of the sort comes to mind.

I hope that her and her alliance gets ran out of CN.

Hopefully UPN can get this all sorted with minimal damage. I wish you luck.

[quote name='greenacres' timestamp='1294163033' post='2563186']
If she owns the domain, as unfortunate as it is for UPN, she can do whatever she wants with it. Electron Sponge once did something very similar to the .. I believe NpO forums, and it was his right to do so, as he owned them.

[/quote]
Wasn't it the NPO forums? I think during the Moldavi Rebellion.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1294163369' post='2563190']
Wasn't it the NPO forums? I think during the Moldavi Rebellion.
[/quote]

Ahh, my bad, I couldn't remember if it was during the moldavi rebellion or when NpO ousted him as their leader, so I just picked the one that I thought was more likely. But yeah, he owned the forums and could do whatever he wanted with them.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1294162639' post='2563180']
Explain how im incorrect om #2, since everything said in this thread up to your post says she paid for the hosting and all that jazz

also, i see Altheus is alive and well why couldnt he hace said something to her the day she left or atleast began to make plans to get the hosting moved. come on bros Pegasus existed for TWO weeks, i couldve wrote the password down on paper and mailed it to you in the time it took UPN to get their act together
[/quote]

Think of it like copyright laws. Peggy owns the domain because she purchased it.

She has control over what is on the domain.

But she had also ceded control over the hosting to a third party.

[quote name='greenacres' timestamp='1294163033' post='2563186']

[edit] also, as has already been said, if someone gives you an ultimatum, don't sit there with your thumbs up your ass waiting until the last minute to do something. If they gave you a month, do it right away, because really, as much as I hate peggy sue, if she really is the owner of the domain and all that as as been said throughout this thread, she didn't have to give you any warning at all. It does suck, but !@#$, consider this a lesson learned.
[/quote]

July 2007 was NpO forums.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1294152886' post='2563082']
The game needs more people staying, not leaving. This sort of talk is completely uncalled for.
[/quote]
I disagree and here's why:

Why so many dislike UPN is because they chose to ignore their treaty obligations last war. E-lawyers will be e-lawyers but UPN's no show last war [i]helped [/i] stagnation though not directly, indirectly it certainly did. Had they went in things would have been a bit more even and alliances who ignore treaties such as themselves are a major reason why so many leave. So I wouldn't say it's uncalled for at all, in fact I hope more echo my statement.

Alliances like UPN do nothing but look really bad and though their incompetence may be entertaining to some, I'm finding it quite GGA-esque, it's certainly not helping to attract new players.

Is it unfortunate their boards went down? Well isn't it unfortunate they left some alliances out in the dark? Oh but this is OOC, thankfully it's [i]just [/i]forums.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='greenacres' timestamp='1294163648' post='2563196']
Ahh, my bad, I couldn't remember if it was during the moldavi rebellion or when NpO ousted him as their leader, so I just picked the one that I thought was more likely. But yeah, he owned the forums and could do whatever he wanted with them.
[/quote]
Hey, I only vaguely remember it so you could easily be right about what forum it was. I just didn't remember him doing much of anything at all after being ousted prior to hooking up with Vox. Could just be forgetting, though. There was a lot happening at the time.

[quote name='bros2' timestamp='1294164640' post='2563204']
Think of it like copyright laws. Peggy owns the domain because she purchased it.

She has control over what is on the domain.

But she had also ceded control over the hosting to a third party.

July 2007 was NpO forums.
[/quote]

So if she controls what is on the domain.... then she can do whatever she wants with it. So, while it's a !@#$%* move on her part, it was well within her right to do whatever she wanted, since... she had control over what was on the domain.

It sucks, I like having UPN as planet bob's punching bag, because it's hilarious, but at the same time I don't see why people are getting worked up over this. Forums are like the 6 million dollar man (which is a popular TV show in greenacres), they can rebuild it, they have the technology.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1294166211' post='2563222']
Hey, I only vaguely remember it so you could easily be right about what forum it was. I just didn't remember him doing much of anything at all after being ousted prior to hooking up with Vox. Could just be forgetting, though. There was a lot happening at the time.
[/quote]

Bros said it was the NpO forums, so, eh, probably was the NpO forums. I don't remember people getting that worked up when he did it, but I'm probably wrong about that, since it was awhile ago and I mean, it might as well have been a lifetime.

[quote name='Altheus' timestamp='1294147720' post='2563046']
Blaming these events on UPN is just absurd. Next time some real life misfortune hits you, don't come running to me for help. Congratulating her for her act of vandalism, like you just did Destro, says an aweful lot about your character.
[/quote]

It was UPN that gave Peggy access over your forums. That's like handing a bum the keys to your car and are surprised when he steals it. As founder you should never allowed anyone access over UPN's forums.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1294165498' post='2563211']
I disagree and here's why:

Why so many dislike UPN is because they chose to ignore their treaty obligations last war. E-lawyers will be e-lawyers but UPN's no show last war [i]helped [/i] stagnation though not directly, indirectly it certainly did. Had they went in things would have been a bit more even and alliances who ignore treaties such as themselves are a major reason why so many leave. So I wouldn't say it's uncalled for at all, in fact I hope more echo my statement. [/quote]

Huh? You will have to be more specific, as I doubt UPN had any obligations to NEW.

Clearly you think they should be disbanded, and clearly you have reasons you consider sufficient for that view. I can think of several that I think should be disbanded too, and my reasons are a lot better than yours. :smug: All entirely beside the point, however, as what I objected to was quite different - the suggestion that the *players* themselves should stop playing entirely.

Wishing for a ruler and nation to disappear forever may well make perfect sense IC, but this is the OOC forum and that stuff needs to stay out of here.

It really shows a lot about people's inability to set down IC grudges (and a fairly tenuously justified one at that, in most cases) that they're blaming UPN for this. Yes, they could have done more to prevent it, as any victim of a crime in RL or a forum attack online could have done. But they're still the victim and the blame is entirely on Peggy, who has done something very childish and has taken an IC dispute OOC.

There's really no excuse to abuse accesses that you have had and no longer need.

[quote name='greenacres' timestamp='1294166264' post='2563224']
So if she controls what is on the domain.... then she can do whatever she wants with it. So, while it's a !@#$%* move on her part, it was well within her right to do whatever she wanted, since... she had control over what was on the domain.

It sucks, I like having UPN as planet bob's punching bag, because it's hilarious, but at the same time I don't see why people are getting worked up over this. Forums are like the 6 million dollar man (which is a popular TV show in greenacres), they can rebuild it, they have the technology.
[/quote]

She paid for the domain and paid for six months of hosting.

I think the straw that broke the camel's back may have been Peggy deleting the backup account that I had set up, denying me access to recovering anything

[quote name='greenacres' timestamp='1294166392' post='2563227']
Bros said it was the NpO forums, so, eh, probably was the NpO forums. I don't remember people getting that worked up when he did it, but I'm probably wrong about that, since it was awhile ago and I mean, it might as well have been a lifetime.
[/quote]

It was Polar.

Because I had to spend two weeks making it so I could convert their forums to SMF

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1294167214' post='2563242']
It really shows a lot about people's inability to set down IC grudges (and a fairly tenuously justified one at that, in most cases) that they're blaming UPN for this. Yes, they could have done more to prevent it, as any victim of a crime in RL or a forum attack online could have done. But they're still the victim and the blame is entirely on Peggy, who has done something very childish and has taken an IC dispute OOC.

There's really no excuse to abuse accesses that you have had and no longer need.
[/quote]

I'm afraid forums count as IC.

As I see it, this is a combination of poor foresight, misplaced trust (honestly, the writing on the wall should have indicated that Peggy was shady at best a long while ago), and the incredible childishness and immaturity of Peggy. Good luck on getting everything back up to par UPN and hopefully this will be a lesson about why some people simply can't be trusted (cynical, I know, but it's reality).

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1294142131' post='2563011']
I think Wicked covered it pretty good. Sure it sucks, but the blame is on UPN and not on Peggy here. Something with a donkey and a rock.
[/quote]
Even if what UPN did was stupid, how does that take the blame off of Peggy at all? You can get your car stolen by leaving the keys in it in a bad part of town, and sure you'd be an idiot for doing that, but the car thief is still scum.

This is extremely juvenile, and I wish UPN luck in sorting it out, even if it could have been prevented.

-Bama