30k NS Raid Target

Veuras

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1293504122' post='2555761']
What has any unaligned nation contributed to our planet, ever?
[/quote]

All nations were at one point or another unaligned. Every nation created has the potential to contribute to our planet. Some live long enough to harness that potential. However, there are many that are destroyed by raiders before they can even build their nations. We're simply trying to provide a conducive environment for unaligned nations to grow and develop an idea of what they wish to do in this planet.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sir Dingly Dang' timestamp='1293504304' post='2555765']
He appears unaligned by choice. He's sending out tons of aid, and he's a pretty big boy to have 13 days seniority in his one person alliance. This isn't some new nation needing protection because the ruler doesn't understand life on Planet Bob. He's been around for 1063 days. He needs protection why, again?
[/quote]

Because I felt like giving it. Once it's done if he wants to remain on unaligned then everyone can have their go on him.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1293504259' post='2555763']
It will be handled just as any raid would be. They would be asked to send reps and if not then we would proceed accordingly.
[/quote]
Proceed as in you calling in VE because your alliance can't do anything about it? geez, now I sound like babyjesus.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1293504479' post='2555772']
Proceed as in you calling in VE because your alliance can't do anything about it? geez, now I sound like babyjesus.
[/quote]

I am glad so much complaining is going on because one nation is being protected for only 7 days. Makes this whole thing worth it.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1293503973' post='2555755']
I really don't care about a sense of moral superiority, I've played this game as a raider before too. Right now I just want to help the people who are just trying to play the game their own way. I wouldn't say there's a goal to achieve this way except perhaps help us stop bleeding members like we have these last couple of years, but of course there are other factors that relate to that so we can't blame it on raiding.

I just personally think if some people here want to fight so badly, they should find someone else who's willing and not pick on some innocent bystander.

And no, but if there's a valid reason for someone to attack him then I'm more than willing to listen and if it's a good reason I'm willing to rescind the protection.
[/quote]

How about people who want to tech raid; are they not allowed to play their own way? You have to understand that it is very difficult for people who raid to find a way to fight any other way. The game is effectively at a stalemate until someone pulls their finger out.

Don't you think that's rather foolish? The nation in question could be on a ZI list. It might not be an innocent bystander you're protecting so valiantly.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

^
this too

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1293504361' post='2555766']
All nations were at one point or another unaligned. Every nation created has the potential to contribute to our planet. Some live long enough to harness that potential. However, there are many that are destroyed by raiders before they can even build their nations. We're simply trying to provide a conducive environment for unaligned nations to grow and develop an idea of what they wish to do in this planet.
[/quote]
And this nation has been around for over 1,000 days, and has grown to a pretty respectable size. Why does he need your protection? He's been around long enough to make a conscious choice to be unaligned. Any veteran player such as the nation in question knows the perils of being unaligned.

Also, every major contribution to the game has been done by someone in an alliance, not an unaligned nation. Prove me wrong.

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1293503213' post='2555744']
Because my alliance stands to do what it can against tech raiding and protecting unaligneds when we can. In this case we can, and we have informed him of what's going on. If after that period he still wants to remain unaligned then that's his choice and everyone can have their fun.
[/quote]

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1293504460' post='2555771']
Because I felt like giving it. Once it's done if he wants to remain on unaligned then everyone can have their go on him.
[/quote]

So... you are going to protect him for 7 days, or until he joins your alliance? Let me assume what your warning PM looked like.

"Hi. Look at this thread on the OWF. You have 7 days protection from our alliance, we are against innocent nations being attacked. You're going to want to join an alliance to prevent this in the future."

Maybe you were blunt and said "You should consider us", maybe not, but its all inferred. This is a political game, at best. Why don't you go check the recent wars and start defending people who are legitimately getting raided every day instead of using this as a political stunt to potentially recruit a nation that is likely on his way out the door.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1293502487' post='2555732']
Stop throwing VE's power around, if they weren't protecting you you'd have been rolled five times over. You come off as really lame and there just to kill fun.
[/quote]
Tech Raids are boring. You wanna do the tech raid? Then there will be real fun.

[quote name='Franz Joseph I' timestamp='1293504846' post='2555780']
A [b]Game[/b]: [i]is a contest with rules to determine a winner.[/i]
[/quote]

Thank you for this insightful anecdote [img]http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-downs.gif[/img]

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1293504259' post='2555763']
It will be handled just as any raid would be. They would be asked to send reps and if not then we would proceed accordingly.
[/quote]
I can respect that, but I would expect these kinds of raids to happen, when I used to raid (long ago), I didn't check the OWF before picking a target, I just went and did it. I also wouldn't send back any more than I did damage, unless I felt like picking a fight of course...

[quote]
How about people who want to tech raid; are they not allowed to play their own way? You have to understand that it is very difficult for people who raid to find a way to fight any other way. The game is effectively at a stalemate until someone pulls their finger out.[/quote]

It's only hard if you're an infra hugger, go out and do something, pick a cause and go out and defend it. Be the one who pulls his finger out. In essence, that is what WC is doing with his alliance.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1293504645' post='2555776']
How about people who want to tech raid; are they not allowed to play their own way? You have to understand that it is very difficult for people who raid to find a way to fight any other way. The game is effectively at a stalemate until someone pulls their finger out.

Don't you think that's rather foolish? The nation in question could be on a ZI list. It might not be an innocent bystander you're protecting so valiantly.
[/quote]

They are, but their own way is affecting other's way to play. Nations trying to live in peace isn't destroying someone's infra and stealing their tech is it?

And please, if the argument is really about finding a war to fight then go ask around. Raiders can man up and ask for a fight from another raider or anyone in general then duke it out for a while. Heck that's what I used to do, I used to challenge nations a lot bigger than me to fights because it would be a real fight, not the "fight" these raiders are looking for.

Also there are always ways to break the stalemates here...heck someone could raid this guy right now and we could start a global war. So I just made a situation where we can possibly have a global war over someone being stupid, but a simple raid on an unaligned would do what exactly? Oh right, let a coward get some tech by beating up an unexpected victim.

And like I mentioned before, if that's the case I'm willing to work it out. But at this point it's just a strawman.

[quote name='medicjoe95' timestamp='1293504738' post='2555778']
So... you are going to protect him for 7 days, or until he joins your alliance? Let me assume what your warning PM looked like.

"Hi. Look at this thread on the OWF. You have 7 days protection from our alliance, we are against innocent nations being attacked. You're going to want to join an alliance to prevent this in the future."

Maybe you were blunt and said "You should consider us", maybe not, but its all inferred. This is a political game, at best. Why don't you go check the recent wars and start defending people who are legitimately getting raided every day instead of using this as a political stunt to potentially recruit a nation that is likely on his way out the door.
[/quote]

We have guides on our forums and links to these very forums about alliances that are out there to help him or any nation choose where they wish to go. I told him he should find an alliance or he can even reside in mine until he finds the right one for him. If I cared about stats I would be actively recruiting now, wouldn't I?

[quote name='camerontech' timestamp='1293505140' post='2555790']
I can respect that, but I would expect these kinds of raids to happen, when I used to raid (long ago), I didn't check the OWF before picking a target, I just went and did it. I also wouldn't send back any more than I did damage, unless I felt like picking a fight of course...

It's only hard if you're an infra hugger, go out and do something, pick a cause and go out and defend it. Be the one who pulls his finger out. In essence, that is what WC is doing with his alliance.
[/quote]

I wouldn't imagine asking for more than was dealt, so no worries there.

And indeed, the people who don't do anything to try and spice this game up are the ones here complaining. Hey guys you want a war? I just gave you a chance to start one. Or !@#$% out and keep complaining, but know that you're a hypocrite for not doing anything next time you complain about this game being boring.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1293505231' post='2555792']
We have guides on our forums and links to these very forums about alliances that are out there to help him or any nation choose where they wish to go. I told him he should find an alliance or he can even reside in mine until he finds the right one for him. If I cared about stats I would be actively recruiting now, wouldn't I?
[/quote]

People don't join alliances like yours in response to mass recruit PMs. Stop playing dumb. This is a political stunt, and its ridiculous. People like you ruin this game. If you want to be an activist, go defend the people currently getting raided--they need your selfless and benevolent assistance.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1293505402' post='2555795']
I wouldn't imagine asking for more than was dealt, so no worries there.

And indeed, the people who don't do anything to try and spice this game up are the ones here complaining. Hey guys you want a war? I just gave you a chance to start one. Or !@#$% out and keep complaining, but know that you're a hypocrite for not doing anything next time you complain about this game being boring.
[/quote]

So you can cry to VE?

Edited by medicjoe95

[quote name='medicjoe95' timestamp='1293505499' post='2555797']
People don't join alliances like yours in response to mass recruit PMs. Stop playing dumb. This is a political stunt, and its ridiculous. People like you ruin this game. If you want to be an activist, go defend the people currently getting raided--they need your selfless and benevolent assistance.
[/quote]

Noobs join any alliance out there, it's not difficult to be convincing in a PM.

And sure, I'm ruining this game. I'm actually [b]doing[/b] something and getting people pissed off and possible having a global war start off?

What are you doing? Oh right, nothing except !@#$%*ing about how boring this game is.