Call it a day NEW

Alterego

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1293443711' post='2555177']
Yeah, but the problems started when people who didn't understand the concept of aggression and non-chaining treaties decided to ghost NEW. =\
[/quote]

Indeed, I'd agree that is an issue. They can't exactly stop those members from leaving though. =/ It is not something I agree is right though. It is still an individual's actions though and not the alliance's. The war was aggressive in nature and should not spiral into a larger conflict. NEW chose this path for fun but to support that war is to support the aggressive part of a treaty, not the defensive.

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1293412643' post='2554801']
[font="Georgia"]NEW, continue burning for nothing.

Edit: Haha, the whole purpose of this thread was for Alterego to !@#$%* about iFOK and PC. He doesn't give a !@#$ about NEW.[/font]
[/quote]
Im glad someone noticed :)

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1293443711' post='2555177']
Yeah, but the problems started when people who didn't understand the concept of aggression and non-chaining treaties decided to ghost NEW. =\
[/quote]

Sorry but i can't see a non-chaining clause in NEW's treaties. Care to share?

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1293455704' post='2555232']
Sorry but i can't see a non-chaining clause in NEW's treaties. Care to share?
[/quote]
[quote]
Mutual Defense:
Both NEW and PC understand the meaning of Mutuality and which we will defend each other till the end.In cases where either party are already defending another ally, (i.e. chaining) the other party has the option to come in for defense.

Optional Aggression:
We believe, friendship can also be optional on aggressive move done by our best friend, in real life, we can always do that until someday we might reach the point where, you go, i go.. :)[/quote]

You can make a comment about the simplistic nature of the iFOK treaty on the other hand, but it would be safe to assume non-chaining was implied as it is the norm for all treaties that are signed except for a few rare cases. In the case of iFOK-NEW being chaining, it would put it at a higher level than PB and every other MDoAP they have.

In addition, NEW did not call either alliance in and knew what they were doing.

Edited by Antoine Roquentin

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1293443927' post='2555180']
Indeed, I'd agree that is an issue. They can't exactly stop those members from leaving though. =/ It is not something I agree is right though. It is still an individual's actions though and not the alliance's. The war was aggressive in nature and should not spiral into a larger conflict. NEW chose this path for fun but to support that war is to support the aggressive part of a treaty, not the defensive.
[/quote]
Not only the aggressive part, but an aggressive part that most alliances don't consider valid. As mentioned, NEW wanted fun and got it in a radioactive way. There doesn't need to be some massive all-out war because of it.

Fundamentally, what NEW did was just as much an act against anyone who was cognizant and endorsed Dark Fist's entry into Karma against them. I see it as an affront against everyone involved and if they have issues with SCM for it, then they have issues with me and Ram and other Karma operatives. That is one of the reasons why I was in support of their getting stomped. My only regret was not realizing that NEW was an alliance of dunderheads and I would have posted a protection notice myself had I the foresight to see what would happen.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1293362667' post='2554300']
Call it a day NEW. ... hegemonic allies ... middle of the hegemony ... middle of the hegemony ... hegemony ... hegemonic ... etc.
[/quote]
Thanks for the laugh. You do realize that their present "allies" fought for Karma, not the Hegemony. Brave new world baby, need to catch up with the times.

[quote name='Kahnite' timestamp='1293564075' post='2556371']
Thanks for the laugh. You do realize that their present "allies" fought for Karma, not the Hegemony. Brave new world baby, need to catch up with the times.
[/quote]
Hegemony wasnt a bloc or war coalition. Its the dominant power group at any given time.

Noun 1. hegemony - the dominance or leadership of one social group or nation over others;

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1293568321' post='2556433']
Hegemony wasnt a bloc or war coalition. Its the dominant power group at any given time.

Noun 1. hegemony - the dominance or leadership of one social group or nation over others;
[/quote]

Hegemony is most often used (in this game) to refer to the following:

[url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hegemony_(Power_Sphere)"]Hegemony[/url]

I took your post the same way Kahnite did, and like him I was going to comment on how Hegemony doesn't exist any more, and that none of NEWs allies fought for Hegemony (though NEW did). However I still don't think you used it right, as I wouldn't used the adjective "Hegemony" to describe PC, iFOK, FEAR and WFF. They have some influence, but are hardly dominant in this world.

Edited by Daeryon

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1293562656' post='2556353']
Fundamentally, what NEW did was just as much an act against anyone who was cognizant and endorsed Dark Fist's entry into Karma against them. I see it as an affront against everyone involved and if they have issues with SCM for it, then they have issues with me and Ram and other Karma operatives. That is one of the reasons why I was in support of their getting stomped. My only regret was not realizing that NEW was an alliance of dunderheads and I would have posted a protection notice myself had I the foresight to see what would happen.
[/quote]
Not posting an order of protection is all that is stopping you from attacking an ally of an ally? You don't need to post anything to act on what you think is right.
Go ahead and attack NEW. Impero, might jump your bones though because of all the conflicting treaties that probably won't be set off.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1293579473' post='2556623']
Not posting an order of protection is all that is stopping you from attacking an ally of an ally? You don't need to post anything to act on what you think is right.
Go ahead and attack NEW. Impero, might jump your bones though because of all the conflicting treaties that probably won't be set off.
[/quote]

Oh please do, I could use some more action!

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1293568321' post='2556433']

[/quote]
Better correct the CN Wiki then: [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hegemony_%28Power_Sphere%29"]http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hegemony_%28Power_Sphere%29[/url]

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1293604940' post='2557105']
I wonder if this topic is the reason why NEW declared peace. :awesome:
[/quote]

dont worry it isnt the reason :lol1:

we try to stall any peace negotiation and have war as long as possible :awesome: , yesterday just the deadline before the other side calling more allies , and also it's about time we stop being stubborn and listen to our allies , that's the end of DF - NEW conflict, i really doubt such war will happen again because of NEW :wub:

Edited by Bonardo88

You know, Alterego is actually kind of right about the 'hegemony' thing. But really, everyone should just stop using the word altogether for a year or two, because it no longer applies to 'ex-Hegemony' – that power cluster doesn't even exist any more, with TOP and IRON both out of it, and Invict-O-Sphere is less misleading – and yet any use of the term is automatically taken by many to mean that side of Karma. If there is a current (small H) hegemony then it would be, I guess, PB-SF and maybe C&G – but calling that 'the hegemony' is just going to confuse everyone.

In Alterego's case I think it's just a cheap stunt to try to make out that our 'hegemony' and 'The Hegemony' are comparable, which really isn't true at the present time.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1293362667' post='2554300']
Call it a day NEW. Its time to end your war. Your hegemonic allies have abandoned you to be pummelled indefinitely under the pretence of keeping you "safe" from bandwagoners(non hegemony members). Your raid on DF is over, they have all expired or peace was accepted. If you were hoping to liven up the planet it didnt work. Your allies are prepared to watch you burn rather than allow a split to form in the middle of the hegemony. Embrace peace, regroup, rebuild and amend your foreign policy. If you want to make a hole in the middle of the hegemony treaty web and liven up the stiffs running the hegemony reflect it in your foreign policy and remember how they (major hegemonic members) left you to die alone.

It might take some more time before they have the guts to step up and assume the responsibility major global leaders have. Until then these ones will continue to reject that responsibility and pray a long dead opposition will reform to free them from the burden of making decisions they as global leaders refuse to accept. Don’t waste your resources any more than you already have. Embrace peace and make it count when the inevitable split comes.
[/quote]In less than 500 words you've turned my opinion around completely - fantastic, persuasive writing.

...Although, I did come in to the topic agreeing wit you.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1293652530' post='2557545']
You know, Alterego is actually kind of right about the 'hegemony' thing.[/quote]

[quote]In Alterego's case I think it's just a cheap stunt
[/quote]
This speaks for itself. Hey, you're right but because its you its a cheap stunt. Oh honest Bob your what happened to you. When did being right become a cheap stunt? Oh yes, when its me. Dismissing the truth because of who is telling you, oh Bobby.

Edited by Alterego