Declaration of War

Tulak Hord

It's funny. He's so eager to fight, challenging and stuff and yet it's gotta be us declaring him, the intention is too obvious :lol1:

come declare us then, go rogue, or whatever. All this bravado talk is really silly. You wanna fight Sparta, then attack Sparta. "I wanna fight you, come get me" is very very.. :blush:

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ian Dox' timestamp='1293123301' post='2551695']
He is perfectly able to sell his infra, as he hinted at, and declare on Luka.

You are entirely too obvious. You want to drop your AA, go rogue, sell infra, and declare on Luka, or else you're a coward who likes to talk talk talk.

Your actions will determine if you can walk the walk, or are just so much talk.
[/quote]

[quote name='Emphix' timestamp='1293124536' post='2551702']
It's funny. He's so eager to fight, challenging and stuff and yet it's gotta be us declaring him, the intention is too obvious :lol1:

come declare us then, go rogue, or whatever. All this bravado talk is really silly. You wanna fight Sparta, then attack Sparta. "I wanna fight you, come get me" is very very.. :blush:
[/quote]
Sparta needs to work on their war guides. It appears the general membership doesn't even know you can't declare war while in anarchy.

Edited by General Scipio

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1293126922' post='2551737']
Sparta needs to work on their war guides. It appears the general membership doesn't even know you can't declare war while in anarchy.
[/quote]

We're more than willing to wait for him to get peace and come out of anarchy, that way he has no excuses.

[quote name='Ian Dox' timestamp='1293127200' post='2551740']
We're more than willing to wait for him to get peace and come out of anarchy, that way he has no excuses.
[/quote]
Boy you guys sure are brave.

He challenges you to a fight then you go "No, you have to go rogue on us so we can bring our whole alliance against your single nation. What you don't want this deal? pffft coward," while you at the sametime won't declare war on him and fight him. See the hypocrisy?

Edited by General Scipio

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1293128188' post='2551754']

He challenges you to a fight then you go "No, you have to go rogue on us so we can bring our whole alliance against your single nation. What you don't want this deal? pffft coward," while you at the sametime won't declare war on him and fight him. See the hypocrisy?
[/quote]

He challenged Luka; not once did Luka challenge him. If he [b][u]actually[/u][/b] were serious, I would expect him to declare when able.

If this took place on the street, it would go down like this:

Him: "You're a no good so and so. I would totally destroy you. Hit me!"
Luka: "Nope, I'm not stupid, thanks for playing."
Everyone else: "If he's so big and tough, why does he have to get Luka to punch him? Can't he start his own fights?"

So either he would still jump Luka, keep opening his mouth (removing his foot first) writing verbal checks he knows that he won't cash, or he sulks off into the darkness, highlited only by the yellow stripe upon his back.

[quote name='Ian Dox' timestamp='1293129419' post='2551774']
He challenged Luka; not once did Luka challenge him. If he [b][u]actually[/u][/b] were serious, I would expect him to declare when able.

If this took place on the street, it would go down like this:

Him: "You're a no good so and so. I would totally destroy you. Hit me!"
Luka: "Nope, I'm not stupid, thanks for playing."
Everyone else: "If he's so big and tough, why does he have to get Luka to punch him? Can't he start his own fights?"

So either he would still jump Luka, keep opening his mouth (removing his foot first) writing verbal checks he knows that he won't cash, or he sulks off into the darkness, highlited only by the yellow stripe upon his back.
[/quote]
*sigh*

I guess you really don't see how you telling him to hit you, then calling him a coward for not doing it is essentially the exact samething as what he's doing and you are calling stupid.

Also, don't forget the part in your analogy where is actually physically incapable of throwing the first punch, and that even if he did you would simple get the gang standing behind you to jump him. He wants to fight one on one, where you want to use your entire gang to fight him, and you say he is the coward?

He's the one that eager to fight, he's the one challenging, so yes he's the one that have to follow through, it's just common sense. He's being incapable to declare is wholly his own problem, maybe he should think about that first before issuing any challenges.

"I wanna fight you, I wanna punch you in the face, but I'm crippled and physically incapable to come to you, so come get me!!"
Yes, perfect sense.

cmon, spin some more! :rolleyes:

[quote name='abdur' timestamp='1293108461' post='2551543']
As far as the first part goes, Poyple said it perfectly.
What uneven sides? You hit NEW, and iFOK and PC will hit you. Seems pretty even to me. You guys seem to be the ones chickening out in this deal.
[/quote]
[ooc]lol, this guy.[/ooc]

Sounds like someone's a little butthurt that someone else is playing the BOB lolitics. Let me get this straight, you are suggesting we knowingly attack allies of allies? You are suggesting we potentially destroy the current political landscape to fight NEW? You sir, are a brilliant political strategist. My good man, please GTFO my thread.

[quote name='jeff barr' timestamp='1293132866' post='2551829']
[ooc]lol, this guy.[/ooc]

Sounds like someone's a little butthurt that someone else is playing the BOB lolitics. Let me get this straight, you are suggesting we knowingly attack allies of allies? You are suggesting we potentially destroy the current political landscape to fight NEW? You sir, are a brilliant political strategist. My good man, please GTFO my thread.
[/quote]
I couldn't care less what happens. Like I said in my next post, all I want for you guys to do is stick to your convictions, and attack NEW since they were the ones who hit DF.

[quote name='abdur' timestamp='1293137576' post='2551885']
I couldn't care less what happens. Like I said in my next post, all I want for you guys to do is stick to your convictions, and attack NEW since they were the ones who hit DF.
[/quote]
And like I said in my last post, that is possibly the stupidest thing we could do in this conflict. I'm sorry we couldnt fulfill your wishes of being completely ignorant of the treaty web.

EDIT: Love ya KP!

Edited by jeff barr

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"][quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1293128188' post='2551754']

[/quote]

[/size][/font][size="2"]He challenged me to a fight, telling me I have big mouth etc. etc. If he deleted all his infrastructure just to be in my range all I would do is laugh at his own stupidity. I'm not going to risk putting Sparta in such a precarious position because this guy is trying to bait me into attacking him. I'm not that stupid. Beyond the fact his nation out-techs, out-wonders, and out-muscles me in basically every fashion imaginable, Sparta has yet to enter the front against NEW for a seemingly obvious reason. To piss on iFok and PC puts the entire PB bloc in a precarious position, considering every person I've spoken to in that bloc thinks NEW has acted completely out of line from the get-go. Dragging in two of these alliance because this dude has a problem with me (and problems in general...) is a good way to make something that was never personal, personal.[/size]So, sigelopisan I refuse your challenge. Sorry broski, but you'll have to get your 3 millionth casualty from someone else. Try one of the alliances you ARE at war with instead of bridge-dwelling and baiting someone that's not.And Poyplemonkeys, you've heard our position on this and I've heard your opinions. Keep flapping your jaw if you must, but I'm not really too concerned about what you think anymore. If you want to face the corner and talk to it, feel free.
[quote name='sigelopisan' timestamp='1293148148' post='2552071']
Good day everybody, I love you all.
[/quote]

And to you. I hope you enjoy the holiday season [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Edited by Lukapaka

[quote name='arentak' timestamp='1293066073' post='2550737']
[[b]Mr Damsky, on 22 December 2010 - 01:02 PM, said:[/b] Honestly, fighting Sparta is like getting free money and tech.]

Don't worry, they never attack on the losing side, and they always make you pay it back in reps.
[/quote]

^^ These A LOT!

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1293173176' post='2552492']
True, I wonder how much the shake down will be this time.
[/quote]

I hate to break bad news to you all, but there really isn't much Europa could give in the form of reps here. If you haven't noticed, we're sorta fighting ODN and Sparta right now.

[quote name='jeff barr' timestamp='1293140410' post='2551947']
And like I said in my last post, that is possibly the stupidest thing we could do in this conflict. I'm sorry we couldnt fulfill your wishes of being completely ignorant of the treaty web.
EDIT: Love ya KP!
[/quote]
Your choice. :)

Hm, lets calculate the NS here...

(As of December 23rd, shortly after update)

WFF+Europa=1,695,800 NS

ODN+Fark+Sparta=33,951,022 NS (about 20x of WFF's and Europa's NS combined)

Sparta, was it necessary to join an already massive curbstomp? A curbstomp that your buddies ODN and Fark could have easily manage it themselves?

Its basically laying nuclear landmines as an attempt to halt a small enemy squad. Absolute overkill.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1293179730' post='2552540']
Hm, lets calculate the NS here...

(As of December 23rd, shortly after update)

WFF+Europa=1,695,800 NS

ODN+Fark+Sparta=33,951,022 NS (about 20x of WFF's and Europa's NS combined)

Sparta, was it necessary to join an already massive curbstomp? A curbstomp that your buddies ODN and Fark could have easily manage it themselves?

Its basically laying nuclear landmines as an attempt to halt a small enemy squad. Absolute overkill.
[/quote]

DERp de DERP dE derppppp! NEW attacked a protected disband group of players. Those protecting them told NEW to stop and to apologize. NEW didn't listen and so now they're getting attacked. A few of their allies joined, and they're getting attacked too. Even as a bystandered, I don't suspect I would have much sympathy for alliances fighting on that side of the war. Beyond this fact, you forgot to include FEAR. Along with FEAR comes the potential of a strong compilation of allies. I know you [i]HATE[/i] the fact that we are prepared to take all of them on, but that's NEW's fault for bad planning... not ours. Can Sparta completely waste her current enemies? Yes, I suppose we can. Their destruction is as much as NEW's fault as it is ours.

Also, Sparta's economy is stable enough that reps do nothing but slow down our rebuilding. I have no reason to ask for reps from any alliance who came in on a treaty. I'd support reps from NEW, but we wouldn't take a penny of it.

Edited by Lukapaka

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1293173176' post='2552492']
True, I wonder how much the shake down will be this time.
[/quote]

You must be old, very old.. Sparta waved reps last war and we allready said we won't demand any this war.

[quote name='Enzos' timestamp='1293246232' post='2553235']
You must be old, very old.. Sparta waved reps last war and we allready said we won't demand any this war.
[/quote]
"Waved" as in "waved them goodbye?" [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PYU3Q.gif[/IMG]