• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1292822481' post='2545666']
It's about time.

-Craig
[/quote]
Craig, you know that Fark had to wait for the promises from PB that thier little underlings in PC and iFok would fold and not help out an ally. Sometimes keeping your dogs in line takes time.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1292822815' post='2545756']
Best of luck NEW
[/quote]
Finally some words of encouragement from the sidelines.

And here I sat thinking you weren't going to do anything at all to back up your treaty partners and best buds.

Bask in the joy of knowing you did all you could do Z3.

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1292826516' post='2546034']
We are making amendments by doing the right thing and defending DF now though.
[/quote]
I didn't think commies had amendments.:P

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1292826721' post='2546040']
Focus firepower on INT, they're the weak link.
[/quote]
More sage advice.....from way way way over there, tuck your head back in PBs ass, it's dangerous out here.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1292834366' post='2546269']
They were attacking into a direct ally of two PB alliances without confirmation as to if those alliances would defend NEW.

I mean, if NEW was not connected, I would agree with you, but come now.
[/quote]
[i]Without confirmation[/i] is not really applicable here.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1292851452' post='2546461']
It's a shame this was required in the first place, but required it clearly was given the brazen raiding of the protected DF AA and given NEW's subsequent, complete unwillingness to do anything to make amends. It's also a shame that, with one action, NEW has gone from a reputable alliance to one in a large number of Bob's doghouse.

To those defending the DF AA: I hope this remains a purely, or at least largely, punitive action free of the usual instruments of surrender (my apologies if this has already been addressed).
[/quote]
So how long after this all ends will PB be telling PC & iFok that they really need to drop NEW as an ally?

Remember, you heard it here first.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1292860049' post='2546581']
It's 400+ to 140 and 18 million NS to 5 million NS.

That's not a curb stomp?? Wow...
[/quote]

Curbstomp or not, NEW has it coming. PC and iFok have done the right thing here.
Oh and for future reference, every treaty should come w/ an asshatery cancellation clause.

Edited by Jeb the Wise

[quote name='Starcraftmazter' timestamp='1292858711' post='2546570']
In summary, I would be delighted to rip your nation apart with my bear hands, but your allies are preventing this from happening.
[/quote]

I don't think you could find it in you to rip apart a paper bag, much less a nation. The most impressive thing I've ever seen you do with your "bear" hands is type out a plea begging someone else to attack NSO.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1292870389' post='2546774']
I don't think you could find it in you to rip apart a paper bag, much less a nation. The most impressive thing I've ever seen you do with your "bear" hands is type out a plea begging someone else to attack NSO.
[/quote]
[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BpzDEJyxljg/SwVbyEkCxMI/AAAAAAAAAQM/2pb1W0HRCiQ/s1600/Right_To_Bear_Arms.jpg[/img]

I am looking forward to seeing his bear hands in action

Edited by Jacapo Saladin

[quote name='Starcraftmazter' timestamp='1292858711' post='2546570']
In summary, I would be delighted to rip your nation apart with my bear hands, but your allies are preventing this from happening.
[/quote]

NEW and iFOK are in no way preventing you from declaring war on NEW. You are sovereign, aren't you? Let's be real here. The only thing preventing you is your own cowardice.

Edited by rabonnobar

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1292870798' post='2546784']
[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BpzDEJyxljg/SwVbyEkCxMI/AAAAAAAAAQM/2pb1W0HRCiQ/s1600/Right_To_Bear_Arms.jpg[/img]

I am looking forward to seeing his bear hands in action
[/quote]

Please, tell me what Hydra has ever done that allows you to talk trash from an Ivory Tower? What's that? Nothing. Thought so.

[quote name='rabonnobar' timestamp='1292871075' post='2546793']
NEW and iFOK are in no way preventing you from declaring war on NEW. You are sovereign, aren't you? Let's be real here. The only thing preventing you is your own cowardice.
[/quote]

Well, seeing as how he is in The Dark Templar and isn't a .gov member I'd say that's what's preventing him. You know, silly things like alliance relations and diplomacy. Something NSO doesn't really understand.

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1292871508' post='2546805']
Please, tell me what Hydra has ever done that allows you to talk trash from an Ivory Tower? What's that? Nothing. Thought so.

Well, seeing as how he is in The Dark Templar and isn't a .gov member I'd say that's what's preventing him. You know, silly things like alliance relations and diplomacy. Something NSO doesn't really understand.
[/quote]

He apparently meant in a general sense, or he would have indeed said the fact that he isn't .gov would have been the reason. But no. He went the general/alliance-wide route, and I followed in the same way.

[/quote]

He's been in DT all of 3 days. I don't think anyone's gonna bat an eyelash if he decides to just leave and do his own thing, or even join FARK just to play war. He certainly wouldn't be the first person to ever join an alliance just for war, but again; that would involve him actually doing something more than thumping his chest in public.

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1292852303' post='2546474']
Honestly, do either of you ever get sick of being grossly incorrect?

INT and TPE spent two days trying to find a diplomatic situation. NEW tossed it back in their face every time. The fact that only INT / TPE / Fark are involved in this is a testament to them not wanting this war to become a curbstomp. If you think there wasn't a long line of alliances who wanted in on this then you are dumber than you make yourselves appear on the boards. You know how I know that you are hilarious incorrect? Because I was in the talks the majority of the time. Where were you? Not involved at all...
[/quote]

Daikos, stop it. You're making sense and they won't understand it.

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1292842491' post='2546345']
Int and TPE would outnumber NEW alone, but you wanted a curbstomp huh?
[/quote]

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1292843457' post='2546357']
I was talking about NS. 3,5+2 vs 4,7, probably higher avg for Int and TPE too. I guess with lots of peace mode from NEW war mode nation number is in favor of the other side.
[/quote]

Are you really that dense?

Let's say you get hit by a rogue at the same NS as you. Are you going to fight him on your own for the next few months as you both fall together at a roughly equal rate, or are you going to have your alliance mates and friends help you out? Heh.

Perhaps you like to lose.

[/quote]

I saw the leader of The Dark Templar claiming that he wished he could be on the battlefield too. http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95980&view=findpost&p=2545800
Looks like his leadership isn't holding him back.

[quote name='Phetion' timestamp='1292875953' post='2546913']
Are you really that dense?

Let's say you get hit by a rogue at the same NS as you. Are you going to fight him on your own for the next few months as you both fall together at a roughly equal rate, or are you going to have your alliance mates and friends help you out? Heh.

Perhaps you like to lose.
[/quote]
Easy there genius, the issue isn't the practice of calling in friends, it's that not long ago GOONS were weak for Umbrella and MK protecting them against the Ninjas and hence is only natural that those who were called out for that practice fire a few shots back when someone else does it.

There's a lot of misinformation and flat-out stupidity in this thread that must be addressed.

Firstly, this is not a moralistic war. INT is not taking a stand against tech-raiding. Our bylaws permit and regulate it, so if we were to fight a war against it we would be waging a war against ourselves. We are fighting because the DF AA is under INT (and TPE, and Fark) protection during the disbandment and relocation process. NEW has refused to accept our protection as legitimate and refused to take corrective steps. Therefore we're at war. It is perhaps the most traditional casus belli in the history of Planet Bob. We are not charting new territory here. All claims to the contrary rely on some of the most twisted and bizarre logic I've ever had the misfortune to encounter.

Secondly... Does this the whole "even fight" argument ever get old? This is not a boxing match or a sporting event. Blood is being spilled on the battlefield, and our coalition will use every weapon in its arsenal to ensure victory. [i]We[/i] chose the alliances to deploy and the timing of the attacks because it suited [i]us[/i]. We are under no obligation to adopt a losing strategy simply to placate a few loudmouths who cling to the false notion of a fair fight.

Lastly, has it ever occurred to any of you that the "equal" or "fair" fight that you demand is perhaps the most vicious, lengthy, and damaging kind? Evenly matched sides will wage a bloody fight. When one side has overwhelming force, the opposition is quickly pacified.

We are not conquerors or aggressors. This is not a war to destroy NEW.

-Craig

Edited by Comrade Craig

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1292877457' post='2546947']
Easy there genius, the issue isn't the practice of calling in friends, it's that not long ago GOONS were weak for Umbrella and MK protecting them against the Ninjas and hence is only natural that those who were called out for that practice fire a few shots back when someone else does it.
[/quote]

Yeah, I took a few nukes for GOONS too during that, btb. Though it was shortly before, I had a UOKMB target. Hell I think I was the first non-GOON to defend them during that.

[quote name='Phetion' timestamp='1292879868' post='2546990']
Yeah, I took a few nukes for GOONS too during that, btb. Though it was shortly before, I had a UOKMB target. Hell I think I was the first non-GOON to defend them during that.
[/quote]
My hat off to you then sir.

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1292879821' post='2546989']
There's a lot of misinformation and flat-out stupidity in this thread that must be addressed.

Firstly, this is not a moralistic war. INT is not taking a stand against tech-raiding. Our bylaws permit and regulate it, so if we were to fight a war against it we would be waging a war against ourselves. We are fighting because the DF AA is under INT (and TPE, and Fark) protection during the disbandment and relocation process. NEW has refused to accept our protection as legitimate and refused to take corrective steps. Therefore we're at war. It is perhaps the most traditional casus belli in the history of Planet Bob. We are not charting new territory here. All claims to the contrary rely on some of the most twisted and bizarre logic I've ever had the misfortune to encounter.

Secondly... Does this the whole "even fight" argument ever get old? This is not a boxing match or a sporting event. Blood is being spilled on the battlefield, and our coalition will use every weapon in its arsenal to ensure victory. [i]We[/i] chose the alliances to deploy and the timing of the attacks because it suited [i]us[/i]. We are under no obligation to adopt a losing strategy simply to placate a few loudmouths who cling to the false notion of a fair fight.

Lastly, has it ever occurred to any of you that the "equal" or "fair" fight that you demand is perhaps the most vicious, lengthy, and damaging kind? Evenly matched sides will wage a bloody fight. When one side has overwhelming force, the opposition is quickly pacified.

We are not conquerors or aggressors. This is not a war to destroy NEW.

-Craig
[/quote]

Thank you for posting this.

o/ TPE
o/ INT
o/ FARK

Edited by Kitler