Re: Athens

Rafael Nadal

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1292350234' post='2539563']
Yes, please. You can PM it if you prefer as I'm just surprised since this is the first I hear from it. I could have just missed it though.
[/quote]

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1289237191' post='2506227']So if this is the case, can I join MK, go nuke rouge on NPO, then MK will pay the reps they demand as after all you are liable for my actions.[/quote]

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1289237276' post='2506228']yes we will pay[/quote]

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1289237488' post='2506233']We would own up to your actions, yes.

That is provided we don't kick you out and warn NPO about your impending idiocy before you have a chance to act.[/quote]

Those are the first two I came across just skimming the NSO thread again. The latter two being direct responses to the first one obviously. These, perhaps amongst others I've not got to yet, gave me the impression that MK takes responsibility for the actions of it's members if they were committed whilst they were a member, even if they were considered rogue actions and expelled from the alliance.

Apologies if that's not the case and it's not MK's policy.

Also I hate Timeline. I searched for various well known MK posters, including Voytek, and the word 'rogue' to find them but it didn't show up because he's illiterate and I had to skim the thread to find them.

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1292416108' post='2540133']
Those are the first two I came across just skimming the NSO thread again. The latter two being direct responses to the first one obviously. These, perhaps amongst others I've not got to yet, gave me the impression that MK takes responsibility for the actions of it's members if they were committed whilst they were a member, even if they were considered rogue actions and expelled from the alliance.

Apologies if that's not the case and it's not MK's policy.

Also I hate Timeline. I searched for various well known MK posters, including Voytek, and the word 'rogue' to find them but it didn't show up because he's illiterate and I had to skim the thread to find them.
[/quote]

I wasn't looking for a fight or an argument. Just some clarification on who/what/when/where/why it was said.

With that said, Voytek and tamerlane, despite being vocal posters, aren't gov't and, thus, don't dictate MK's policies. With that also said, depending on the context and actions of course, yeah, I'm pretty sure we would pay for the rogue and/or try to find an amicable solution to both parties. That is if we don't throw said rogue out. But it isn't set in stone: it all depends on the who, the what, the why and such.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1292397894' post='2540076']
It was a good idea until Methrage suggested it :v:
[/quote]
That's too bad. :(

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1292412331' post='2540116']
It is quite possible (to be expected actually) that new blocks would form, but in the aftermath of the collapse of the current superblocks the politics would become a lot more fluent thereby improving the fun on Bob.[/quote]
The politics are quite fluent right now. After any major war things will be shaken up, but it would be almost impossible to top the shake-up that happened in and after Karma.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1292434124' post='2540236']

The politics are quite fluent right now.
[/quote]

You must be in denial.
Let's just say i do not share your opinion on the matter and i strongly doubt many across planet bob do share your opinion.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1292445181' post='2540325']
You'd be quite surprised.
[/quote]

I'm sure there as some misguided souls.
Call me an optimist because i actually believe the population of planet bob has enough braincells left to disagree with Azaghul his statement.

It is quite possible (to be expected actually) that new blocks would form, but in the aftermath of the collapse of the current superblocks the politics would become a lot more fluent thereby improving the fun on Bob.
[/quote]

I think you are in for a pretty big disappointment on that score. If this world order falls I think a far, far more likely outcome is simply a return of the previous one (NPO et al) than a wholly new one emerging.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1292449967' post='2540362']
I think you are in for a pretty big disappointment on that score. If this world order falls I think a far, far more likely outcome is simply a return of the previous one (NPO et al) than a wholly new one emerging.
[/quote]

NPO may become more prominent, but all the former hegemony alliances + IRON/TOP et all have taken severe damage from the onslaught and the following reparation payments.

They [i]may[/i] emerge but even if a destructive war happened between the superpowers C&G/SF the former hegemony would need at least a few more months.
However considering the amicably relations between C&G/SF today such a conflict could very well ensure a relatively short war, not enough to devastate both yet enough to corrode the current imbalance in power.
Pandorra's box would also be damaged because several members are closely linked to C&G/SF.

After such events where neither side has a definite edge and where former friends (C&G/SF) may not trust each other enough anymore to combine forces against a unified foe the political landscape could transform itself.

Result: a true power vacuum and opportunities. That's a future for planet bob I'd look forward to.

Edit: Grammar is not a friend after a few beers.

Edited by Andre27

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1292449967' post='2540362']
[/quote]
Considering your alliance was part of the et al, this seems unlikely to me.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1292434428' post='2540239']
You must be in denial.
Let's just say i do not share your opinion on the matter and i strongly doubt many across planet bob do share your opinion.
[/quote]
No you are just less well informed than you think you are.

Athens became sort of the spokesperson for a large part of Karma so that definitely puts you in place as a "leading alliance". To deny that would be foolish.
I'm not going to deny that for some Karma was solely for payback, but at the same time it was frequently voiced during/after karma that planet bob would be better off without the NPO hegemony.

It is quite possible (to be expected actually) that new blocks would form, but in the aftermath of the collapse of the current superblocks the politics would become a lot more fluent thereby improving the fun on Bob.
[/quote]

1. Planet Bob did become a better place by alittle bit not by leaps and bounds except for the alliances oppressed by the NPO for which it became a much better place.

2. I don't know what you expect but I agree with Azaghul that it would just go back to being a NPO-ex Heg dominated game rather than some new power grouping.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1292452796' post='2540398']
NPO may become more prominent, but all the former hegemony alliances + IRON/TOP et all have taken severe damage from the onslaught and the following reparation payments.

They [i]may[/i] emerge but even if a destructive war happened between the superpowers C&G/SF the former hegemony would need at least a few more months.
However considering the amicably relations between C&G/SF today such a conflict could very well ensure a relatively short war, not enough to devastate both yet enough to corrode the current imbalance in power.
Pandorra's box would also be damaged because several members are closely linked to C&G/SF.

After such events where neither side has a definite edge and where former friends (C&G/SF) may not trust each other enough anymore to combine forces against a unified foe the political landscape could transform itself.

Result: a true power vacuum and opportunities. That's a future for planet bob I'd look forward to.

[/quote]

I also think you are giving CnG and SF too much power. They just lost MK and FARK and alot of firepower. PB is the block running things now especially with MK tied to Umbrella and GOONs hip pretty much making CnG just part of PB via =LOST=-MK&GOONs and ODN-Umbrella&MK.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1292434428' post='2540239']
You must be in denial.
[/quote]
You're either aren't paying any attention, or "Phoenix Rising", whatever that is, has no connections at all. Enjoy ignorance, and I'll enjoy my backroom drama!

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' timestamp='1292463537' post='2540561']

2. I don't know what you expect but I agree with Azaghul that it would just go back to being a NPO-ex Heg dominated game rather than some new power grouping.
[/quote]
I fully expect to see Fernando and WANA and whatever alliances they're in take power once MK et al are gone.

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' timestamp='1292463537' post='2540561']
1. Planet Bob did become a better place by alittle bit not by leaps and bounds except for the alliances oppressed by the NPO for which it became a much better place.
[/quote]

Decline of planet bob has accelerated and apathy on planet bob is at an all time high. Define "better" because it doesn't look that way to me.

[quote]
[/quote]

Already explained in the post you quoted.

[quote]
I also think you are giving CnG and SF too much power. They just lost MK and FARK and alot of firepower. PB is the block running things now especially with MK tied to Umbrella and GOONs hip pretty much making CnG just part of PB via =LOST=-MK&GOONs and ODN-Umbrella&MK.
[/quote]

The thing you're missing is that the real strength/danger (depending on your point of view) of C&G/SF is in the treaty web woven around those two.
MK and Fark departures shook things up a bit, but both are still tied to those blocks though individual treaties.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1292469449' post='2540630']
Decline of planet bob has accelerated and apathy on planet bob is at an all time high. Define "better" because it doesn't look that way to me.[/quote]

Notice the distinct lack of curb stomps as of late?

[quote]The thing you're missing is that the real strength/danger (depending on your point of view) of C&G/SF is in the treaty web woven around those two.[/quote]

They are substantially weaker; the fact is that although there may be individual ties, the camaraderie is, for all intents and purposes, lost. And we've all see how much good a neat and tidy web will do for you in the long run. Sure, in the coming wars the sides really haven't seen any major change, but there is, indeed, a growing distance amongst the original "SG!".

[quote]MK and Fark departures shook things up a bit, but both are still tied to those blocks though individual treaties.
[/quote]

MK is pretty much a subsidiary of Pandora, which means that, in essence, they have more free reign to "mold" a war should they so please. Fark, as far as I can tell, doesn't really change [i]all that much[/i] in that they haven't really signed any real surprising treaties and are still (at least from what I can see) a pseudo-member of SF!.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1292452796' post='2540398']

[/quote]

A multi-polar world never lasts more than one or two wars, while there might nominally be 3 or 4 or 5 sides the fact is a war will boil down to 2 sides while it's being fought, and usually result in at least one side going extinct as a political power.

The reason I think we're more likely to just trade world orders than see a wholly new one is that I just don't see anybody else with the kind of drive to rule. Lots of people are happy to complain bitterly at every turn but few possess the ability and drive to ever go beyond the complaining stage.

Whats the line I'm looking for here? I think it was something like "few men truly want liberty, they seek nothing more than a benevolent master." I may have gotten it slightly wrong but the meaning remains.

Edited by TypoNinja