Federation of Armed Nations Announcement

Princess Doomee

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1291781037' post='2533522']
Hahahah, joke competition couldn't even properly tabulate winners (the Fark thing was broken) and the ones you came out with are utter jokes. NpO and UPN, goliaths of the battlefield indeed

I pity all involved
[/quote]

Each alliance only had to select 10 of their members. Whether or not an alliance is known as a good fighting alliance, it is still very likely that there are at least 10 decent fighters wearing that AA (at least for alliances with 100+ members). It is also very likely that those that enjoy fighting and are decent fighters were the ones that volunteered for this competition. Therefore, just because an alliance, in your opinion, is not known for being great fighters, does not mean they couldn't have fielded a great team. Your attempt to correlate past global war performance with results in this competition are seriously flawed due to the aforementioned reasons.

Edited by lakerzz8

[quote name='Petrovich4' timestamp='1291838074' post='2534113']
Big shout out to Sparta and Athens (Fyfe in particular) for some very tough nuts to crack during 10.10.10.
[/quote]

It was a pleasure to dance with you. Indeed, 10 days of war without being nuked was a novelty.

3rd place or not, 10.10.10 was a welcome spark in the darkness that Planet Bob has become... Unfortunately is has only whetted my appetite, FAN hurry up with that treaty web cleanup ;)

Edit: Sentence structure fail >.>

Edited by Fyfe XIV

[quote name='lakerzz8' timestamp='1291885590' post='2534770']
Each alliance only had to select 10 of their members. Whether or not an alliance is known as a good fighting alliance, it is still very likely that there are at least 10 decent fighters wearing that AA (at least for alliances with 100+ members). It is also very likely that those that enjoy fighting and are decent fighters were the ones that volunteered for this competition. Therefore, just because an alliance, in your opinion, is not known for being great fighters, does not mean they couldn't have fielded a great team. Your attempt to correlate past global war performance with results in this competition are seriously flawed due to the aforementioned reasons.
[/quote]
No. I do not believe that these two alliances could field even a combined team of 10 competent players.

[quote name='Panic King' timestamp='1291847141' post='2534223']
[b]o/ all alliances involved and special congrats to FAN[/b]

[b][color="#8B0000"][font="Impact"]This guy just made #1 on my list for asshatery.. Congrats on being #1 SC....[/font][/color][/b]
[/quote]

[i]~ThE CaLlOuT~[/i]

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1291801059' post='2533803']
Apart from the screen you get completely separate to the battle reports showing you the damage done in the attack? Be better at collecting information in future.

GATO did 3k NS damage per nation they put forward? That is utterly pathetic, even if you work under the assumption they were only in 1 war each :D
[/quote]

This logic is sound, except for the fact it had been decided specifically that we were to use the sent reports feature, and report our attacks to the fark forums like that. So you see why Athens (and of course others) deleting the battle reports immediately was in poor form.

[quote name='Llanowar Elf' timestamp='1291956704' post='2535435']
Forgive me then, because i did not see any humor in your statement. Chalk it up to me Lame Elf humor then :-)
[/quote]

No worries. I meant to throw in an :awesome: or something to make it clear, but it's late and my mind is hazy. ^_^

Congrats to FAN.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1291956823' post='2535439']
No worries. I meant to throw in an :awesome: or something to make it clear, but it's late and my mind is hazy. ^_^
[/quote]Your mind is [i]always[/i] hazy for one reason or another. :v:

Edited by Fallen Fool

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1291956976' post='2535440']
Congrats to FAN.

Your mind is [i]always[/i] hazy for one reason or another. :v:
[/quote]

I would think for ONLY one reason :smug:

Also, Congrats to all the 10.10.10 participants.. Fun all around for those involved.. and apparently for those not involved.. less fun and more tears? :P

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1291918948' post='2534984']
No. I do not believe that these two alliances could field even a combined team of 10 competent players.
[/quote]

You post alot so therefore you must know alot.

At any rate well done to those involved in the competition, it was heaps of fun. Well done to FAN and NpO for placing first and second.

[quote name='Magicspoon' timestamp='1291961688' post='2535495']
You post alot so therefore you must know alot.

At any rate well done to those involved in the competition, it was heaps of fun. Well done to FAN and NpO for placing first and second.
[/quote]
It's more of a handicap for my vast knowledge, but I do know a lot.

Sparta has found an error in the damage tabulations. We are running the numbers ourselves to find the proper total. We won't be contesting anything since there was already an announcement and all (congrats to the winners), but if you are all interested in how much damage we actually did I'll post it here.

Edited by Hyperion321