The Treaty of Venice

Ferdinand I

[center][font="Times New Roman"][size="6"]The Treaty of Venice[/size][/font]

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q34/JurgenSchooner/DeutschlandundItalien.png[/img]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WAP1wvyI5g This song should be listened to while you read this.

[font="Courier New"]PACT OF FRIENDSHIP AND ALLIANCE BETWEEN GERMANY AND ITALY[/font][/center]

[font="Courier New"][b]Article I[/b]: The Contracting Parties will remain in permanent contact with each other, in order to come to an understanding of all common interests or the European situation as a whole.

[b]Article II[/b]: In the event that the common interests of the Contracting Parties be jeopardized through international happenings of any kind, they will immediately enter into consultation regarding the necessary measures to preserve these interests. Should the security or other vital interests of one of the Contracting Parties be threatened from outside, the other Contracting Party will afford the threatened Party its full political and diplomatic support in order to remove this threat.

[b]Article III[/b]: If it should happen, against the wishes and hopes of the Contracting Parties, that one of them becomes involved in military complications with another Power or other Powers, the other Contracting Party will immediately step to its side as an ally and will support it with all its military might on land, at sea, and in the air.

[b]Article IV[/b]: In order to ensure, in any given case, the rapid implementation of the alliance obligations of Article III, the Governments of the two Contracting Parties will further intensify their cooperation in the military sphere and the sphere of war economy. Similarly the two Governments will keep each other regularly informed of other measures necessary for the practical implementation of this pact. The two Governments will create standing commissions, under the direction of the Foreign Ministers, for the purposes indicated in articles I and II.

[b]Article V[/b]: The Contracting Parties already at this point bind themselves, in the event of a jointly waged war, to conclude any armistice or peace only in full agreement with each other.

[b]Article VI[/b]: The two Contracting Parties are aware of the importance of their joint relations to the Powers which are friendly to them. They are determined to maintain these relations in future and to promote the adequate development of the common interests which bind them to these Powers.

[b]Article VII[/b]: This pact comes into force immediately upon its signing. In the event that either government wishes to terminate this treaty, the government wishing to do so must give the other respective government a 48 hr notice. The treaty will then last till those 48 hrs lapse.[/font]

[b]Signed by the Imperial German Government[/b],

Franz Joseph I, [i]the Emperor of Germany, King of Austria, Croatia, Dalmatia, Slovenia; Archduke of Upper & Lower Silesia[/i]
Ferdinand I, [i]Minister of Foreign Affairs of the German Empire[/i]

[b]Signed by the Royal Italian Government[/b],

[i]Mussolini the Great, King of Italy[/i]

Edited by Ferdinand I

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1290136186' post='2517046']
That sure is a bright blue on your flag... :unsure:

EDIT: Congratulations on the treaty as well!
[/quote]

Haha yeah it is pretty bright :P. Thank you to everyone who made this possible :D

[quote name='Alaric' timestamp='1290142061' post='2517096']
congrat's

those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it - Sir Winston Churchill
[/quote]

Indeed. Let's hope this goes better than the last time Germans and Italians teamed up :D

This is all too familiar...I forsee war with against someone or something that has to do with Austria, followed by a treaty later after the war...then well we all know how this is followed as per the wonderful fictional works describing the great war of 1914.