An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Ardus

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1289955106' post='2515403']
While I never was in our Diplo Corps, I am somewhat sure that our diplomats do not call other alliances "scum" in their halls. As far as here presented, that is exactly what happened in regards to the edited wording.
[/quote]

[font="Georgia"]Wouldn't you agree that everyone is entitled their opinions and free to express them in whichever form they deem appropriate?; moreover, I'm [i]assuming[/i] It was intended to be humorous, not insulting. Had I been an NPO'er I would have shrugged it off with a few laughs and called it a day. To deprive a Foreign Dignitary of his words is insulting at the very least.[/font]

Edited by KingEd

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1289946780' post='2515161']
Double standards required for you, one for each face.
[/quote]
I like the part where you addressed the point I made. Oh wait, that didn't actually happen. However, it is amusing seeing you call someone else two faced. You are always such a barrel of laughs.

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1289956840' post='2515437']
I made a playful quote edit on one of your members and Bilrow presumably (it was either him, Bakamitai, or worldconqueror as they were the only NPO members viewing the thread at the time and I don't think the latter has mod powers) edited it to make it look like I was supporting us being an inferior alliance to you guys.

MK may tease or insult the diplomats that come to our boards but we give them free speech.
[/quote]
So, your edit of an other poster's post, was re edited. Well thats kind of funnily ironic when you think about it.

You damn kids and your edits of other's posts, who the hell can keep track of this all. :((

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1289956999' post='2515442']Wouldn't you agree that everyone is entitled their opinions and free to express them in whichever form they deem appropriate?[/quote]
That doesn't give you the right to insult. When in our Grad, dont call us scum.

Seems simple, right?

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1289957366' post='2515449']
Wow, for something apparently no one cared about, this sure provoked a lot of discussion*!

* albeit most of it mind-numbingly stupid
[/quote]
Is that a dig at the participants of this thread? Sir, I am sorry to inform you but-- not accept.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1289957268' post='2515447']
So, your edit of an other poster's post, was re edited. Well thats kind of funnily ironic when you think about it.

You damn kids and your edits of other's posts, who the hell can keep track of this all. :((

Seems simple, right?
[/quote]
Editing a quoted post keeps the original content in its original state. Editing Drai's post removes the original content, and thus, is of a different nature.

Edit: Pesky commas.

Edited by Rafael Nadal

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1289957268' post='2515447']

Seems simple, right?
[/quote]

[font="Georgia"]I [i]guess,[/i] it's your Alliance and you require those that visit, albeit a Foreign Dignitary, to conduct themselves as such - in this case to not label Pacifica as "scum." However, it appears to me that asking said MK Dignitaries to refrain from using such Vocabulary to describe Pacifica would have been a better alternative. Not only does it shown that you respect what other say but it shows that you are actually and genuinely trying to communicate with MK. [i]Who am I kidding, NPO and MK being cordial to each-other? The odds of that are about the odds of....well let me not digress.[/i][/font]

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1289956999' post='2515442']
[font="Georgia"]Wouldn't you agree that everyone is entitled their opinions and free to express them in whichever form they deem appropriate?; moreover, I'm [i]assuming[/i] It was intended to be humorous, not insulting. Had I been an NPO'er I would have shrugged it off with a few laughs and called it a day.[/font]
[/quote]

If you were an NPOer you would've deleted the posts. :awesome:

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1289957978' post='2515456']
However, it appears to me that asking said MK Dignitaries to refrain from using such Vocabulary to describe Pacifica would have been a better alternative.[/quote]
We arent their mammas to teach them proper behavior. They should know its a thin line they are dancing on, and due to not everybody sharing the same sensibilities-- its a line you always cross.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1289958013' post='2515457']
If you were an NPOer you would've deleted the posts. :awesome:
[/quote]

[font="Georgia"]Luckily, I'm not. But I get your point SW. ;) [/font]

Edited by KingEd

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1289958180' post='2515464']
[font="Georgia"]Luckily, I'm not. But I get your point SW. ;) [/font]
[/quote]
Why do you reply in Georgia?

[font="Garamond"]I prefer Garamond.[/font]

And yes, this is a serious question that is just as on-topic as most of the last 30+ pages.

And just as relevant.

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1289958174' post='2515463']
We arent their mammas to teach them [b]proper behavior.[/b] They should know its a thin line they are dancing on, and due to not everybody sharing the same sensibilities-- its a line you always cross.
[/quote]

[font="Georgia"]Sure - what you perceive as proper behavior in your Francograd Fortress. I could try to spin this as the Pacifian menace trying to impose their rules on the rest of us. But this is just NPO trying to piss MK off.

At the very least, it caused some, [i]drama.[/i][/font]

:ph34r:

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1289958304' post='2515467']
[b]Why do you reply in Georgia?
[/b]
[font="Garamond"]I prefer Garamond.[/font]

And yes, this is a serious question that is just as on-topic as most of the last 30+ pages.

And just as relevant.
[/quote]

[font="Georgia"]I was looking through the Fonts and I think it's pretty stylish. :unsure: [/font]

[quote name='Some-Guy' timestamp='1289906782' post='2514493']
The Mushroom Kingdom may have errors or 'grievous crimes' to its name that the community can be expected to hold us accountable for, we very well be proven to be the most immoral, abhorent creatures to have ever inhabited this planet and have a horde of fine gentleman assemble to wipe out our villainy.

Even if the above bore a semblance to reality, you can expect that diplomats that have been invited into our halls will be afforded the most basic of respects. We might disagree with you, laugh at you, yell at you, gang up on you, even troll the living daylight out of you, but will give you the right to say what you will to us, we will not subvert the views of foreigners with our "~aDmInIsTrAtIvE pOwAhz~" so we might look oh so smart and witty to our members.

That's just low.
[/quote]
Actually, I have had my posts edited a fair number of times, and I've seen it happen to others as well. Not to mention the account vandalisms (which potato was kind enough to revert for me, kudos for that).

That said (and I've yet to catch up past page 10, so correct me if I'm wrong), has anyone come out with what was actually done? It's one thing to revoke masks and remove posts, but there would be some reason for official displeasure (though I'm not sure if it would warrant an announcement all the same) if the edits in question were malicious and not mere content removal, as the above post would seem to imply.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1289953535' post='2515360']
[color="#0000FF"]That is it? Seems less like a malicious attack than something done in good fun and jest. I thought our friends at the Kingdom were known for their sense of humor. What ever happened to that?[/color]
[/quote]

Bilrow doesn't know the meaning of good fun and jest. Any line like that out of bros mouth is clearly meant in jest. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't paid attention to bros in the last 5 years.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1289958165' post='2515461']
It's always interesting to see who has a surprisingly low tolerance for hardball.

I wouldn't have expected an alliance as old as NPO to be reduced to breaking out the Adminhammer.
[/quote]

With all due respect, if an ambassador came to your forum and referred to your alliance as "Scum" or had a signature in which your flag was burned you'd be offended by the behavior of that ambassador.

In addition i understand that the banned MK diplomats were former NPO members who were on thin ice to begin with due to their history of hostile behavior towards Pacifica. At the very least the choice of diplomats from MK for NPO was unfortunate, one could even consider it an insult by itself.

As an ambassador you represent your alliance and as such you should display a level of maturity to match that.
There is room for a joke e.g. on "Talk like a pirate day" to start a topic with "Arrrr, Ye scurvy Pacificans/Mushrooms... " but there is no excuse for a diplomat NOT to be respectful towards the alliance at which he/she is a guest.

Edit: multiple genders.

Edited by Andre27

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1289960175' post='2515512']
Bilrow doesn't know the meaning of good fun and jest. Any line like that out of bros mouth is clearly meant in jest. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't paid attention to bros in the last 5 years.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I won't argue that bros' title was in jest. I'm sure it was. But I'm fairly certain that the title edit was also meant in good humor. I still think this is all an unnecessary overreaction.[/color]

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289959508' post='2515500']
The epitome of Pacifican class is the thread posted somewhere on their forums called $%&@ Seerow. You know the one.
[/quote]

Shhh....no one is supposed to know about their double standards. It's only a crime when YOU do it.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1289960356' post='2515515']
[color="#0000FF"]I won't argue that bros' title was in jest. I'm sure it was. But I'm fairly certain that the title edit was also meant in good humor. I still think this is all an unnecessary overreaction.[/color]
[/quote]

I won't disagree with you there. But I stand by my point that Bilrow has a very thin tolerance threshold for fun and jest.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1289960240' post='2515514']
With all due respect, if an ambassador came to your forum and referred to your alliance as "Scum" or had a signature in which your flag was burned you'd be offended by the behavior of that ambassador.

In addition i understand that the banned MK diplomats were former NPO members who were on thin ice to begin with due to their history of hostile behavior towards Pacifica. At the very least the choice of diplomats from MK for NPO was unfortunate, one could even consider it an insult by itself.

As an ambassador you represent your alliance and as such you should display a level of maturity to match that.
There is room for a joke e.g. on "Talk like a pirate day" to start a topic with "Arrrr, Ye scurvy Pacificans/Mushrooms... " but there is no excuse for a diplomat NOT to be respectful towards the alliance at which he/she is a guest.

Edit: multiple genders.
[/quote]

The members in question, to my knowledge, have never been hostile towards Pacifica. It has been the other way around. I am not saying they were going around singing the praises of Pacifica but they were totally trash mouthing them either.

If someone came to my diplomatic section and called me Ronin scum I would probably agree and continue to defecate on my alliances good name. But that's how I roll.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1289960361' post='2515516']

I won't disagree with you there. But I stand by my point that Bilrow has a very thin tolerance threshold for fun and jest.
[/quote]
It wasn't me that edited the topic title. And I responded back in jest to bros due to the friendship he and I have with the forum stuff we help people with. My post in jest was deleted. :(

Edited by Bilrow

[quote name='Bilrow' timestamp='1289960574' post='2515523']
It wasn't me that edited the topic title. And I responded back in jest to bros due to the friendship he and I have with the forum stuff we help people with. My post in jest was deleted. :(
[/quote]

Fair enough. I concede :P Have to admit though, you do have a track record. :D

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1289960361' post='2515516']
Shhh....no one is supposed to know about their double standards. It's only a crime when YOU do it.

[/quote]

Bilrow has no tolerance for jokes. He'll even ban you when he doesn't have the authority(last year '09 Intelligence Director). Overturned that faster than an SUV on a highway but it gave me a good outlook on his personality.

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289959508' post='2515500']
The epitome of Pacifican class is the thread posted somewhere on their forums called $%&@ Seerow. You know the one.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I can't defend that, but in all honesty, it is no more distasteful or offensive than the type of stuff that goes on in the private forums of many alliances, and this is not simply limited to MK. You fellows really ain't all sunshine yourself.

Now, I won't say I would have handled the situation like NPO did. I wouldn't have banned either Tamerlane or Seerow, but the NPO does have a right to accept or reject any diplomat it wishes. It is their forum after all. I'm not even sure you can say that anything they did in regards to this mess was distastefully. Slightly rude, possibly, depending on your point of view, but nowhere near as malicious or spiteful as many of you are making it out to be.

This entire thing is just a ridiculous situation. Haters of NPO will use it to say that NPO hasn't changed and is back to their old ways, and haters of MK will say that this is just a ruse to put out anti-NPO sentiment before rolling them with a weak CB. Anyone who takes sides in this is all the stupider for doing so.[/color]