A Statement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1289322021' post='2508169']
Or we just felt that they were trying to take the very easy road and would later welcome back the nation in their ranks, because that's exactly what they have done in the past with other offenders, you know?

Because, quite frankly, a nation with 130 levels of infrastructure doesn't face much and isn't really a waste for them.

But interesting deflection there, HoT.
[/quote]Really? They can't let him back under their protection if you just declare the guy a ZI target.

When you lie through your teeth, it helps to flesh out the details in your head first. Otherwise you miss silly little flaws like that.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1289321921' post='2508166']
It's a shame real wars are the only things that matter.
[/quote]

You really believe that?

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1289321921' post='2508166']
You mean Umbrella never dealt tech with GOONS? :(
[/quote]

I know there is a phrase who says "No one can serve two masters..." but every rule has it exceptions.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1289322015' post='2508168']
Why do you post? Seriously what goes through your mind
[/quote]

Typically MK response: "I'll attack the character since I have no response for his argument".

I'll give you a second chance: Why MK, the alliance who has expertise in the use of PR war, doesn't like when it is used against them?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1289322685' post='2508176']Typically MK response: "I'll attack the character since I have no response for his argument".

I'll give you a second chance: Why MK, the alliance who has expertise in the use of PR war, doesn't like when it is used against them?
[/quote]

typically polar response "they so dumb any kind of posting not on my own terms is dum dum deflection"

I don't "not like" the fact that RV is blatantly trying to engage a PR war (in fact I like that he at least has the stones to try) - I think it's depressing that so many people fall for it hook line and sinker because they're so desperate for anything to latch onto and post empty threats about ~our impending comeuppance~

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1289322423' post='2508173']
Not true. Do you not remember MK and VOX's PR war pre-karma? That mattered a whole hell of a lot.
[/quote]

I wasn't around during that time, unfortunately. Call me old fashioned, but I've just been more of a "fight wars with your nukes and tanks" kind of guy than "fight with your words" gentleman.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1289321784' post='2508163']
It depends on what side of the web said alliance is one. On NSO's side of the web sure, there would be outrage. On MK's side of the web people really wouldn't really care about treaty ties at all. It would just be an avenue to kill NSO again, which is quite a welcome activity in those parts.
[/quote]

Yes it would be fun. But those on MK's side don't want to be called the New Hegemony everyday and this is one easy way for them to be associated with that.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1289323066' post='2508180']
I wasn't around during that time, unfortunately. Call me old fashioned, but I've just been more of a "fight wars with your nukes and tanks" kind of guy than "fight with your words" gentleman.
[/quote]
Well, actually PR wars are more old fashioned than straight up fighting wars with nukes and tanks. In fact, no major war has ever taken place without a PR war and/or Pr tension back and forth before hand.

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1289323015' post='2508179']
typically polar response "they so dumb any kind of posting not on my own terms is dum dum deflection"

I don't "not like" the fact that RV is blatantly trying to engage a PR war (in fact I like that he at least has the stones to try) - I think it's depressing that so many people fall for it hook line and sinker because they're so desperate for anything to latch onto and post empty threats about ~our impending comeuppance~
[/quote]
When RV posted the complete logs you can't really argue it was some sort of spin by RV that made everyone disgusted by you.

There sure is a lot of bawwwwwwing in this thread. I'd probably feel bad for any alliance other than NSO. Sure, MK look like my idols here but I seem to recall a time when NSO threatened Dark Fist for making a thread that portrayed them in a negative light and demanded 500 tech in reps.

For an alliance that loves to talk such a big game (and is friends with / filled with ex-Hegemony era members) you should perhaps try doing something about it instead of making thread after thread where you cry like children with soiled diapers?

[ooc] I've been waiting YEARS to say do something about it. I can quit CN happy now. :awesome: [/ooc]

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1289320579' post='2508140']
However, I don't think anyone would help MK in an aggressive war with the Sith two weeks ago.
[/quote]
Just MK vs NSO? obviously not.

In the event of escalation, however, you'd find people willing to reciprocate the support they received from MK during their own FA blunders.

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1289323617' post='2508190']
There sure is a lot of bawwwwwwing in this thread. I'd probably feel bad for any alliance other than NSO. Sure, MK look like my idols here but I seem to recall a time when NSO threatened Dark Fist for making a thread that portrayed them in a negative light and demanded 500 tech in reps.

For an alliance that loves to talk such a big game (and is friends with / filled with ex-Hegemony era members) you should perhaps try doing something about it instead of making thread after thread where you cry like children with soiled diapers?

[ooc] I've been waiting YEARS to say do something about it. I can quit CN happy now. :awesome: [/ooc]
[/quote]

But you've didn't do anything about it. You've [i]never[/i] done anything about it. You're part of the SCM train of thought were you just complain and complain and complain much like MK, but they actually do something about it.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1289320579' post='2508140']
In the event that they would have been attacked I don't think that MK would have been left out to try.

However, I don't think anyone would help MK in an aggressive war with the Sith two weeks ago.
[/quote]
I don't think that's true at all. Alliances like being tied to the biggest kid on the playground, I'm sure they'd be more than willing to attack an alliance they already don't like to keep on MK's good side.

[quote]
Honestly they have a long way to being anything like NPO.
[/quote]
What is this mentality that an alliance must have identically copied every action that NPO has taken before someone can bring up their similarity? No one has said MK is worse than NPO ever was, people are saying this incident is reminiscent of the kind of thing NPO would have done, and those people are 100% right.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1289323940' post='2508194']
But you've didn't do anything about it. You've [i]never[/i] done anything about it. You're part of the SCM train of thought were you just complain and complain and complain much like MK, but they actually do something about it.
[/quote]

Yes, because you were involved in that and knew exactly what went on. Oh wait, sorry. I confused you with somebody who knew what they were talking about. Please, continue to spew your hilarious ignorance all over the boards. I think I speak on behalf of most of the community when I say it's hilarious.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289322631' post='2508175']
Really? They can't let him back under their protection if you just declare the guy a ZI target.

When you lie through your teeth, it helps to flesh out the details in your head first. Otherwise you miss silly little flaws like that.
[/quote]
That doesn't change anything to what I've said, are you dense?

Say we ZI the guy. He's at 130 infrastructure. It will take us a week max and we'll hear non-stop about how we're monsters because we actually ZI people. Unless we PZI him (and then all of you, countless idiots, will be up in arms), in one week, they can take him back, right?

Even then, all he has to do is hide in disguise (OOC: reroll, he already did it once after all). His nation is worth nothing. They can then take him back without any harm.

So yeah, we went with the only option where they couldn't, you know, do like they do usually and entirely dodge responsibility for their actions and the actions of their members. Not our fault if, by that point, they forgot how to negotiate.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1289324100' post='2508198']
Yes, because you were involved in that and knew exactly what went on. Oh wait, sorry. I confused you with somebody who knew what they were talking about. Please, continue to spew your hilarious ignorance all over the boards. I think I speak on behalf of most of the community when I say it's hilarious.
[/quote]

You act as if you're some sort of higher authority looking down on me, you're not. You're inferior and I look down on you. When it came to attacking NSO you never did it, when it came to complaining about NSO you were at the forefront. You didn't do anything about it, you never did and likely never will. You're a slithering coward who needs to take shots through words because you're always too afraid to do anything.

You just embody so much that is wrong and so little that is right.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289322631' post='2508175']
Really? They can't let him back under their protection if you just declare the guy a ZI target.

[/quote]

Man, you said you were at a loss of words then you continue with this drivel. Here's to wishful thinking on my part :(

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1289324179' post='2508200']

Say we ZI the guy. He's at 130 infrastructure. It will take us a week max and we'll hear non-stop about how we're monsters because we actually ZI people. Unless we PZI him (and then all of you, countless idiots, will be up in arms), in one week, they can take him back, right?

Even then, all he has to do is hide in disguise (OOC: reroll, he already did it once after all). His nation is worth nothing. They can then take him back without any harm.

So yeah, we went with the only option where they couldn't, you know, do like they do usually and entirely dodge responsibility for their actions and the actions of their members. Not our fault if, by that point, they forgot how to negotiate.
[/quote]
NSO wasn't the only alliance who forgot how to negotiate.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1289319462' post='2508106']
This wouldn't be happening. Without your allies to back you up you're more irrelevant than NSO.
[/quote]

It's pretty funny that you are telling MK they're irrelevant. :lol1:

You are really dense if you believe that no one would have helped MK out when they didn't have any treaties.

[/quote]
Yeah, no, this doesn't cut it.

I understand that you feel all butthurt and like you're simply entitled to ridiculous 'reps' over a 3m aid thief that was booted from NSO for being such, but that is just tough news. Bad things happen, you can't reassign blame at will just because you want a nice paycheck every time somebody looks at you funny.

[/quote]

I was under the impression ZI was still used for nations who wronged your alliance, and nobody is up in arms over that. And usually that's how the punishment is dealt with. The nation who harmed you gets ZI, you don't threaten the alliance that gave you permission to pummel him. You decided who they were allowed to protect and let go, last I checked it was their AA, shouldn't that decision be theirs? If they want to let a member be attacked instead of protecting him, that's their decision. He most likely wouldn't come back, and you would only be speculating to say that he would. All you wanted out of this was to extort some money out of NSO, which you've done. I hope the PR war you lost was worth it.

[/quote]

NSO nor any alliance can't prevent a nation ruler of drop a trade, all that they can do is release him for attack and that's what they did, ask for money was wrong and ask for 15m and 250 tech was extortion no matter what poor excuse you try to use, even the leader of your alliance recognized that what you did was wrong, I'll quote Archon [i]ad infinitum[/i] until you stop to defense the indefensible:

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1289283280' post='2507403']
It was simply a rather high sum. In fact, I would say it was too high. Perhaps the negotiators expected the Sith to actually negotiate. I believe that expectation has been voiced. That does not defend it.
[/quote]

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289324658' post='2508211']
Yeah, no, this doesn't cut it.

I understand that you feel all butthurt and like you're simply entitled to ridiculous 'reps' over a 3m aid thief that was booted from NSO for being such, but that is just tough news. Bad things happen, you can't reassign blame at will just because you want a nice paycheck every time somebody looks at you funny.
[/quote]

If you think this is because someone looked at us funny, you are denser than I originally thought.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1289324362' post='2508204']
You act as if you're some sort of higher authority looking down on me, you're not. You're inferior and I look down on you. When it came to attacking NSO you never did it, when it came to complaining about NSO you were at the forefront. You didn't do anything about it, you never did and likely never will. You're a slithering coward who needs to take shots through words because you're always too afraid to do anything.

You just embody so much that is wrong and so little that is right.
[/quote]

Yes, I wish I had a long list of accomplishments like you. Creating failed alliances... changing identities every 6 months... begging for attention on the forums. I just don't have the time or energy to ever achieve what you have.