Pacific News Network Press Release: Flags of our Comrades

Strudeldorf

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1289167653' post='2505270']
I don't really understand why you put this on the OWF tbqh. The vast majority of non-Pacificans won't have the slightest interest in a bunch of rl NPO flags, myself included.
[/quote]
Well that's nice and as you can see those that have no interest haven't posted in droves saying so. They simply move on and read another topic.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought an NPO flag back in 2007, hung it up for maybe 2 weeks before I took it down out of pure embarassment to the fact I actually wasted my money on it. It now sits in a box I'll probably never unpack. If anybody wants to buy it my ears are open.

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289174583' post='2505334']
I bought an NPO flag back in 2007, hung it up for maybe 2 weeks before I took it down out of pure embarassment to the fact I actually wasted my money on it. It now sits in a box I'll probably never unpack. If anybody wants to buy it my ears are open.
[/quote]
I spend 60 euro (84.26 U.S. dollars) on a flag once, I'm still proud of it.

Fun to fly on LAN partys to.
[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4237780/flags/Vlag_westland_streek.png[/img]
[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4237780/vlcsnap-2010-08-04-15h55m08s7.png[/img]

Currently have 4 flags hanging in my room :).

Edited by xoindotnler

[quote name='Dementual' timestamp='1289153253' post='2505107']
So I don't know where this supposed nerdy stereotype comes from, is all I'm saying.
[/quote]
They hate and ridicule those who are comfortable with their inner nerd :P
I have no problem telling people what the flag is for. Hell when I was getting mine and I mentioned it to some fellow gamers at work they wanted to find as many flag poles to fly it on in the city.

It's an instant turn off when people are like "What country is that flag from" and you bow your head and say it's from a video game alliance in an online nation simulator. My dad asked me that exact question, when I told him he shook his head and said I was hopeless. BUT I SHOWED HIM. No that never actually happened, I took the flag down at the first sign of anybody approaching my room.

The offer is still valid if somebody wants to buy it.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1289123092' post='2504873']
I donnou, could be an asset if you are dating a poli-sci major.
[/quote]

Any true poli sci major would just berate you for wasting money that should have been earmarked for booze.

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289187813' post='2505698']No that never actually happened, I took the flag down at the first sign of anybody approaching my room. [/quote]
Well, I don't know if thats true or not, but if it is and in line with what you are arguing (be it out of belief or just to antagonize like the rest of kiddies wearing certain in game AAs) I just have to say-- lol.

Really, just lol. If you are so insecure about the flag, the $%&@ you bought it? You and Lj truly make me laugh. Whats your point with these posts, make yourself look like a total fool? GG hahaha

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1289188394' post='2505705']
Well, I don't know if thats true or not, but if it is and in line with what you are arguing (be it out of belief or just to antagonize like the rest of kiddies wearing certain in game AAs) I just have to say-- lol.

Really, just lol. If you are so insecure about the flag, the $%&@ you bought it? You and Lj truly make me laugh. Whats your point with these posts, make yourself look like a total fool? GG hahaha
[/quote]
Did you give your account to D34th or what is going on here?

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1289189234' post='2505720']Did you give your account to D34th or what is going on here?[/quote]
I suppose (hope) this made some sense in your head, but unfortunately its not making any sense to me. Truly, a waste of a post.

If this is suppose to be some kind of a response to my reply to Cager,...maybe you dont understand it or something,...Ill explain. I am just having some fun at expense of Cager, who bought the flag but regretted it and is now hiding it in a box. That is truly funny to me. I have no intention of buying one, or any flag for that matter, but am quite fine with others doing it and showing it off, nor do I find that funny or silly.

What I find funny and silly is buying one, but then hiding it and ultimately trying to re sell it. lol

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289187813' post='2505698']
It's an instant turn off when people are like "What country is that flag from" and you bow your head and say it's from a video game alliance in an online nation simulator. My dad asked me that exact question, when I told him he shook his head and said I was hopeless. BUT I SHOWED HIM. No that never actually happened, I took the flag down at the first sign of anybody approaching my room.

[/quote]
Dude, no offense or anything, but you really aren't making anyone else feel worse about themselves.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1289188394' post='2505705']

[/quote]
Yeah, what fools. Only a true ignoramus would refuse to proudly fly such a glorious flag. You sure showed them, old chum.

On some other CN-related boards I have this as my avatar:

[img]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa261/Vinzent_Zeppelin/portrait_avatar.gif[/img]

It is an actual self-portrait, and that is an actual flag. So far, about a dozen other Nordlanders have one as well. I would hang it up somewhere, but my room is cluttered already. If anyone were to ask me what nation the flag is of, I'll just answer that it's not wise to ask too many questions. ;)

Edited by Vinzent Zeppelin

I knew you'd pop out someplace Branimir. I think you should buy my flag. Anyway it's not really to make anybody feel "bad" it's just.....they're $80 flags and people have two of them. . If memory serves and it has been a while, but didn't Pacifica ban LJ for using his flag as a tablecloth?. Clearly the Body Republic(general membership, so you are in this category branimir) and especially the Imperial Staff takes these flags to the utmost seriousness to ban for things taking place out of the game(and bought with LJ's own money). Just ask Azrael and ComradeAsh about how seriously you guys take things that take place outisde of CN. I bet RL CN meets for the NPO are super fun. Makes jokes about the Emperor, that's a bannin.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1289194802' post='2505834']Yeah, what fools. Only a true ignoramus would refuse to proudly fly such a glorious flag. You sure showed them, old chum.[/quote]
You dont get it (be it intentionally or not), not surprisingly. Its a piece of cloth. It truly is a case of what you see is what you get. It surely shouldn't be that difficult to figure out if you want one or if its not worth it. Also, its a flag, meaning, its meant to be showed off and not hidden (as also other symbols are, its their purpose) and its only natural that is showed off here, to the people that understand the meaning of it. So not hidden away in a box due to your own insecurities.

That is why I find Cager's predicament funny. Of course, not laugh my brains out funny, but enough for a decent chuckle.
[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289229799' post='2506091']I knew you'd pop out someplace Branimir.[/quote]
How so? I am fairly inactive in light of this lame CN we currently have, its quite a gamble to bet on my appearance.
[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289229799' post='2506091']I think you should buy my flag.[/quote]
I know what I want or don't want, unlike some :P (had to squeeze that in, take it as a champ). I really dont want to own any flags, not my thing, though I am appreciative of good flag designs.

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289229799' post='2506091']Anyway it's not really to make anybody feel "bad" it's just.....they're $80 flags and people have two of them. [/quote]
Well, they know what they want and they got what they wan. Surely, those that do not can find that strange but certainly there are (if one choses) better ways to express that then your last post where I got that you were trying to make fun and take cheap shots at those that have the flag.

If you say it wasnt your intention, then Ill take your post as just another fail attempt at a "funny".

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289229799' post='2506091']If memory serves and it has been a while, but didn't Pacifica ban LJ for using his flag as a tablecloth?. Clearly the Body Republic(general membership, so you are in this category branimir) and especially the Imperial Staff takes these flags to the utmost seriousness to ban for things taking place out of the game(and bought with LJ's own money). Just ask Azrael and ComradeAsh about how seriously you guys take things that take place outisde of CN. I bet RL CN meets for the NPO are super fun. Makes jokes about the Emperor, that's a bannin.[/quote]
lol, I had a feeling it would come down to this. First of all, quite irrelevant to the topic here, the minesomething game incident. Second of all, when we are on it, people can ban people for whatever the $%&@ they want. If one is being an intentional jerk to others and hence for that not popular among them they do have a right to get rid off him from their community. I think its reasonable to assume that if you try to mess up a project of the community you are part of, they will not like that. So suck it up, they knew what they were doing.

Cry me a river Cager, find a better angle for critique.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Vinzent Zeppelin' timestamp='1289205356' post='2505921']
On some other CN-related boards I have this as my avatar:

[img]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa261/Vinzent_Zeppelin/portrait_avatar.gif[/img]

It is an actual self-portrait, and that is an actual flag. So far, about a dozen other Nordlanders have one as well. I would hang it up somewhere, but my room is cluttered already. If anyone were to ask me what nation the flag is of, I'll just answer that it's not wise to ask too many questions. ;)
[/quote]
The portrait was nicely done, As for the flag.......I'm just not going to ask.

As many know I have very little to no respect for NPO, but even I have to admit the loyalty of their members seems second to none, I do not know of anyone who has members willing to buy flags, and spend money to support their alliance.

So with that said, I take my hat of to the members of NPO, good luck

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289187813' post='2505698']

[/quote]
Depends. A) how much? B) Is it the standard or the pretty red and black one?

Also in general, if anyone can hook me up with a red one I'd buy one sometime in the near future when I have money... I'm not a huge NPO fan but I can respect the success they've had with creating a true rally around their flag. And it's just a kick ass flag.

Dunno why people would be so ashamed to have one. Everyone has their nerdy indulgences, whether they want to admit it to their friends (or even themselves) or not. I don't see how it's any different than buying like, tshirts themed from your favorite video game or the like.

Edited by KahlanRahl

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1289233950' post='2506150']
You dont get it (be it intentionally or not), not surprisingly. Its a piece of cloth. It truly is a case of what you see is what you get. It surely shouldn't be that difficult to figure out if you want one or if its not worth it. Also, its a flag, meaning, its meant to be showed off and not hidden (as also other symbols are, its their purpose) and its only natural that is showed off here, to the people that understand the meaning of it. So not hidden away in a box due to your own insecurities.

That is why I find Cager's predicament funny. Of course, not laugh my brains out funny, but enough for a decent chuckle.

How so? I am fairly inactive in light of this lame CN we currently have, its quite a gamble to bet on my appearance.

I know what I want or don't want, unlike some :P (had to squeeze that in, take it as a champ). I really dont want to own any flags, not my thing, though I am appreciative of good flag designs.

Well, they know what they want and they got what they wan. Surely, those that do not can find that strange but certainly there are (if one choses) better ways to express that then your last post where I got that you were trying to make fun and take cheap shots at those that have the flag.

If you say it wasnt your intention, then Ill take your post as just another fail attempt at a "funny".

lol, I had a feeling it would come down to this. First of all, quite irrelevant to the topic here, the minesomething game incident. Second of all, when we are on it, people can ban people for whatever the $%&@ they want. If one is being an intentional jerk to others and hence for that not popular among them they do have a right to get rid off him from their community. I think its reasonable to assume that if you try to mess up a project of the community you are part of, they will not like that. So suck it up, they knew what they were doing.

Cry me a river Cager, find a better angle for critique.
[/quote]

I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm insecure(if you socialized with me in any capacity in an out of game context you'd know this. It's not really a "predicament" so to speak as I've had the flag for 3 years. This is just another opportunity to try and pawn it off on somebody who wants it. When I ordered that flag I did legitimately want one, but when it arrived it had been like a week and a bit to get it, and I lost interest in owning it. I hung it up to see how I jived with my room and it didn't so I replaced it with a poster. Also if I was an intentional jerk Branimir and was "not popular" as you say. I was runner up for Council back last year. I was elected to Council by being the runner up(meaning I got votes weeee) and ended up serving on the Council(which is elected, so I had to get votes, something a not popular person wouldn't be able to do). Of course I ended up leaving the NPO in the middle of my Council term and joined MK. You didn't "get rid of me" in any sense. If you think you did I'd love to hear the theories(talk to Weirdgus about his it's a laugh). If the not popular comment wasn't directed at me please disregard.

The better angle Branimir would require me to betray the one person in this game I respect. So no I'll pass.

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289244580' post='2506390']
I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm insecure(if you socialized with me in any capacity in an out of game context you'd know this. It's not really a "predicament" so to speak as I've had the flag for 3 years. This is just another opportunity to try and pawn it off on somebody who wants it. When I ordered that flag I did legitimately want one, but when it arrived it had been like a week and a bit to get it, and I lost interest in owning it. I hung it up to see how I jived with my room and it didn't so I replaced it with a poster. Also if I was an intentional jerk Branimir and was "not popular" as you say. I was runner up for Council back last year. I was elected to Council by being the runner up(meaning I got votes weeee) and ended up serving on the Council(which is elected, so I had to get votes, something a not popular person wouldn't be able to do). Of course I ended up leaving the NPO in the middle of my Council term and joined MK. You didn't "get rid of me" in any sense. If you think you did I'd love to hear the theories(talk to Weirdgus about his it's a laugh). If the not popular comment wasn't directed at me please disregard.

The better angle Branimir would require me to betray the one person in this game I respect. So no I'll pass.
[/quote]
Eh, I am noticing a trend lately. Miscommunication. It is true that recently I didn't use English much, could be I am expressing my self overly vaguely or not precise enough.

I didn't meant you, Cager. That should be obvious as everything you said is obviously true and so my words couldn't possibly apply to you. I meant the other two, as I had gathered from your post that you objected the manner in which they were disposed from NPO. But as I said in that post also--that doesn't have anything to do with this thread. As such, Ill just stop now, there is nothing much else to be said about that anyway. They pissed people off, they knew what they were doing, they got kicked. Cue some whining about it and thats the whole story. Not something which is really hard to get your mind wrapped around. Clear cut.

Edited by Branimir