• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='LJ Scott' timestamp='1288828537' post='2501329']
Updated ;)

[img]http://www.isymbol.net/umb/flag.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I literally love this.

I need to hire some graphic artists to get some propaganda for O'Samurai.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1288861503' post='2501732']
Are there 3 referees? Or do your goalkeeper, the outfield players and the referees all wear the same colour shirts?
[/quote]

Goalkeeper has black shorts, whereas players outfield have green. If anything that'd make the guy in the dark top in the centre the ref.

If we're nitpicking I would have questioned where the hell the other 15 players are in that image instead :v:

Do the player profiles have to be somewhat realistic in terms of ability? I'm assuming you don't want every single team submitting a line-up of Garrincha, Baresi, Yashin, etc. I'd just like a bit of clarification before I submit the GPA's team. Yes, the GPA is entering a team:

[img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/01/mourinho1201_228x182.jpg[/img]

Save a place for us, we have our squad. I shall get it to you tomorrow.

Nine teams with confirmed entries so far. If everyone who has said they're applying does so then we'll have 16/17 teams. But hey, we're still in the first week of applications.

[quote name='Luckao' timestamp='1288928555' post='2502620']
Do the player profiles have to be somewhat realistic in terms of ability? I'm assuming you don't want every single team submitting a line-up of Garrincha, Baresi, Yashin, etc. I'd just like a bit of clarification before I submit the GPA's team. Yes, the GPA is entering a team:

[img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/01/mourinho1201_228x182.jpg[/img]

Save a place for us, we have our squad. I shall get it to you tomorrow.
[/quote]

It will be better for you if you submit a balanced team from the start. I make sure that all teams are roughly equal in terms of ability and if there are no distinctive weaknesses within any given team that can be discerned from the descriptions then I will invent some.

On a similar note, don't name any of your players after blind pop stars if at all possible.

[quote name='Awesome Dog' timestamp='1288942815' post='2502795']
What are the chances this could be broadcast live on a Justin.tv type website before OnDemand style on youtube?

How cool would that be?
[/quote]

It's definitely something we've thought about, but the chances of it actually happening are exceptionally slim due to the quality of my internet connection. It'll be somewhat miraculous if I even manage to upload all the matches on time every day.

What we've done in past tournaments is simulated a live environment, with the matches being opened to the public at a specific time each night (typically 7PM GMT) and getting viewers together in a channel to watch in synchronisation.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1288838137' post='2501460']
I literally love this.

I need to hire some graphic artists to get some propaganda for O'Samurai.
[/quote]

I work for donations.

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1288861503' post='2501732']
Are there 3 referees? Or do your goalkeeper, the outfield players and the referees all wear the same colour shirts?
[/quote]

As LJ said, goalie has black shorts, other players have all green.

Org Image.
[img]http://briefcase.pathfinder.gr/download/superasre/20872/335664/0/10.04+055.jpg[/img]

[quote name='LJ Scott' timestamp='1288873442' post='2501815']
Goalkeeper has black shorts, whereas players outfield have green. If anything that'd make the guy in the dark top in the centre the ref.

If we're nitpicking I would have questioned where the hell the other 15 players are in that image instead :v:
[/quote]

They are chasing the ball outside of the frame :)

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1288976891' post='2502997']
Come on people...put some thought in to your names. We get sick of seeing ODN FC and Athens FC and Commie FC. Think of things like Athens Atletico. Or Stalin Olympiakos. Or Inter Oranje. FC is overused.
[/quote]

There's an implicit FC in everyone name imo, although I'm not actually sure who that was aimed at.

Also, you're not one to lecture others on names. :colbert:

Verde e Brancos become the 10th team to be accepted. As Jon Bon Jovi once stated: "Ohhh we're halfway there."

[quote name='James I' timestamp='1288979668' post='2503021']
There's an implicit FC in everyone name imo, although I'm not actually sure who that was aimed at.

Also, you're not one to lecture others on names. :colbert:
[/quote]

O'Samurai United has always worked as a name because it actually is actually a united team from two seperate entities.

The O'Samurai part could probably be improved upon, but the basics are sound. :P