Blackstone Commission (BCOM) Address

PotFace

[center][img]http://www.blackstonecommission.com/bcomseal.png[/img][/center]

Well, as a few of you may know, the Blackstone Commission declared itself to be on 20 April 2010. That means that our 6-month mark is approaching, and out of goodwill toward our neighbors here on Bob, it's our political responsibility to give everyone a summary of where we are today, how we got here, and some other information that you guys may or may not find useful. So, without further adieu, I present to you the most depressing, disappointing, and yet gallant alliance address of 2010:

[u][b]The Beginning[/b][/u]

Right from the get-go, BCOM stacked itself against pretty big odds. The "Blackstone" name wasn't remembered by many in the CN community, but enough people remembered it for the name to become a liability in itself. Its look and feel were also similar to the "Blackstone Collusion", a failed spy alliance that played a part in NPO's CB against OV, sparking the Karma War. Not exactly a great way to begin an alliance, sure, but the Commission's founding was initially intended to be more or less of a political experiment. And so, after 6 weeks of preparation, BCOM made its DoE with 4 founders and two newly enemies who were turned away from participating in BCOM's founding.

We were surprised at the reception that we received upon DoE - bids of good luck, welcome, and offers of assistance seemed to be the opposite of what we had expected. We turned on the "Open" sign, began recruiting, and put into place many of the military, economic, and educational programs that successful alliances have. We experimented with government, board lay-out, culture, and other major categories that compose the internal structure of an alliance. Meanwhile, we began reaching out with the establishment of our Foreign Affairs department, securing military and economic protection from UINE early on.

Over the course of BCOM trying to "find itself", as well as its allies, it had jumped spheres, from black, to brown, to blue, where it currently resides. During the course of its moves, it had allied itself with NSO, AzN, CIA, UINE, and IAA, while maintaining superb relations with other alliances that it considered allies, yet had no binding official documentation to, such as Ronin, IRON, OBR, NpO, and FnKA. Yet, during the course of these trials, tribulations soon followed, as they do with all alliances.

[u][b]Internal Strife[/b][/u]

Some of the experimentation was met with hostility and opposition. It was argued that so many changes displayed gross instability, and ultimately resulted in the resignations of Blind Murder v2, Dora the Explorer, Hadrian, and Reagan, as well as Combat Pope and Necromancer V4L. To complicate the consequences that came with these resignations, RL seemed to have policed up the rest - Tiberious, Newborn1000 and myself. The Commission found itself in a state of great stagnation - the likes of which almost always spell disbandment. For a micro-alliance, this was a detrimental loss.

BCOM attempted to stay active politically to assure our allies that such a loss will be of no liability to them. The Blackstone Chronicle was one such source of pride and joy for BCOM, as well as its high activity amongst its embassies. And despite all odds, the Commission continues to offer what I like to call "the basic package" - that being, the provision of a safe place to grow nations. During this internal struggle to remain operational, the basic package has naturally been, and will always be, the highest BCOM priority.

[u][b]Today's Commission[/b][/u]

The Blackstone Commission continues to struggle, maintaining a skeleton crew under the active guidance of SemperFidelis, Georgelopez, and Zhaan. With one of its closest allies (CIA) gone, activity has plunged into what is seemingly a "negative", having stopped publication of the Chronicle and losing its public channel to stagnation. But, we're still here, and as I've told everyone there, we will continue to stay afloat even if it means tying our ship to a really tall pier. We're not going around starting wars or causing any trouble, we still have the basic package, and the programs (and their policies) that we worked so hard on, are still there. All we lack is manpower and enthusiasm. And how many other alliances out there can say the same thing? As bad as it is now, we're not going anywhere !!!

I would like to extend my greatest gratitude to the Imperial Assault Alliance for being the life-blood of our alliance. We will pick ourselves up and make you proud one day. Thank you for sticking with us through thick and thin as you have. Everyone is free to post their questions about us here, but I can't guarantee any timely response.

[quote name='xR1 Fatal Instinct' timestamp='1286685396' post='2480163']
Glad to still see you guys around.

Without proper activity, is recruiting even going on in BCOM? Is keeping BCOM open in BCOM's members best interest?
[/quote]

Excellent question. To my knowledge, the last recruiting effort made by BCOM which we can account for, was made by World Peace on 01 September 2010. And for the 2nd part of your question, yes, it certainly is in their best interest. Nothing is more detrimental to an individual nation than a sudden disbandment of the alliance that it belongs to. That would leave them open-season for tech raiders.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1286686211' post='2480172']
Congrats on 6 months (soon) BCOM. I still think of Bad Company whenever I see your abbreviation.
[/quote]

Thank you very much. We've been bad company for ourselves, yet for everyone else, we're the sunshine of the gathering most of the time. Never really looked at it that way before. Odd.

[quote name='Randalla' timestamp='1286686704' post='2480186']
We here in Amazonia still :wub: you guys. You'll regain your time and enthusiasm, I'm sure. It happens. B-)
[/quote]

You know, every single time I hear from you, it always puts me in a really great mood !!!

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1286701613' post='2480289']
Glad to see you guys are doing well, here on Bob.

I wish you the best in the next six months.
[/quote]

We um.... we're [i]not[/i] doing well, here on Bob. Maybe I should add a "tl;dr" or something. But in any case, thanks :)

Hopefully the next six months will be better.

You mention that a disbandment would be a bad thing for BCOM, have you thought of finding a home in the near future for everyone to go to (a merger)?

What ever happens I wish you luck in keeping afloat in this wonderful free new world.

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1286704442' post='2480300']
You mention that a disbandment would be a bad thing for BCOM, have you thought of finding a home in the near future for everyone to go to (a merger)?

What ever happens I wish you luck in keeping afloat in this wonderful free new world.
[/quote]

Yes sir, there is a contingency plan in place. Locked away in a titanium vault at the bottom of the sea.

I wish to thank everyone for their kind comments. Thanks Pot for still being around.
I would also like to say that we are smaller in numbers than we were 6 months ago but stronger in strength. We are building our nations @ this time and no we are not recruiting.
I also want to thank all of the nations in our alliance that are sticking with us. I it is not easy.
Once again Thanks
Semper Fi

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1286683031' post='2480141']
Everyone is free to post their questions about us here, but I can't guarantee any timely response.
[/quote]
Would you be interested in working out some sort of deal....sigs, pips, etc for some compensation in maybe tech or something?

Let me know and I will get you the seals you can work with...you can find me in #USCN.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1286771022' post='2481184']
Would you be interested in working out some sort of deal....sigs, pips, etc for some compensation in maybe tech or something?

Let me know and I will get you the seals you can work with...you can find me in #USCN.
[/quote]

I simply can't right now. I'm very sorry. Maybe later down the road I'll be able to.