Pandora's Box

supercoolyellow

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' timestamp='1286322038' post='2476476']
The best you have is "I don't like that you made fun of me" and then throw out a random pseudo insult?
[/quote]

And its still better than what you posted, how do you feel about that? :smug:

Not that any of this has to do anything with the topic. But you can make a new thread if you really want to! Might even make you feel better about yourself Mr Anti NPO.

Edited by silentkiller

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' timestamp='1286322354' post='2476487']
I'm starting to think you have a crush on me. Following me into other threads and posting off topic accusations? That's funny. Really, if you want to continue this conversation feel free to post a rebuttal to my last post in that thread in which I once again proved you wrong. Have fun!
[/quote]

Proved me wrong? Saying, "I (vocally) stood up to the NPO before it was cool but fought for them anyways and was a mere member in Sparta not controlling my destiny, I can't just go to another alliance to defend what I believe!!!" Isn't really proving me wrong. And I don't have a crush on you, quite the opposite. You decided to hate on me and mock me in a painful decision I had to make, like disbanding Carthage, for no damn reason. So do I think you're nothing more than a cheapskate who gets into these :smug: position due to bootlicking and opportunism? No, I'm saying I know you are.

And yes we're getting off topic. Probably should get back on track.

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1286322488' post='2476491']

Not that any of this has to do anything with the topic. But you can make a new thread if you really want to! Might even make you feel better about yourself Mr Anti NPO.
[/quote]

No matter how you feel about your terrible posts, it was a bad attempt at a "no u" line. But if that's the best you got, feel free to keep it up.

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1286285859' post='2475903']
VE are a terrible alliance with an inflated reputation and they will be right at home with their new found friends (until they jump from that ship too).
[/quote]
Hey, hows that world police thing going for ya? Im not a VE fan but you dont have much room to talk

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1286322488' post='2476491']

[/quote]

Ha, better, good stuff. Anyways, I know you're trying hard but at least make sense next time, I have no ideanwhat you want me to make a thread about.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1286322501' post='2476492']
Proved me wrong? Saying, "I (vocally) stood up to the NPO before it was cool but fought for them anyways and was a mere member in Sparta not controlling my destiny, I can't just go to another alliance to defend what I believe!!!" Isn't really proving me wrong. And I don't have a crush on you, quite the opposite. You decided to hate on me and mock me in a painful decision I had to make, like disbanding Carthage, for no damn reason. So do I think you're nothing more than a cheapskate who gets into these :smug: position due to bootlicking and opportunism? No, I'm saying I know you are.

And yes we're getting off topic. Probably should get back on track.
[/quote]

Do you even remember what thread I posted that in? I had pretty good reason, actually. I also never fought for NPO, fyi. Once again, if you're going to attack my history you should probably actually learn what happened.

Edited by Matthew Conrad

Yeah, stood by and did nothing, etc. didn't leave to fight for a cause you believed in I get it. You were scared. :)

[quote]Hey, hows that world police thing going for ya? Im not a VE fan but you dont have much room to talk [/quote]

You know what I'm a fan of? You lately...

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1286323024' post='2476500']
No matter how you feel about your terrible posts, it was a bad attempt at a "no u" line. But if that's the best you got, feel free to keep it up.
[/quote]

Criticising a "no u" by posting a "no u" yourself. :awesome:
Now how about you tell me that I am just trying to be relevant o Potato the "relevant one".

[size="1"]The feeling is mutual btw[/size]

[quote]Ha, better, good stuff. Anyways, I know you're trying hard but at least make sense next time, I have no ideanwhat you want me to make a thread about.[/quote]

I am sorry that you have no ideanwhat? I can give you some if you want.

Now on topic, I wonder if MK will be joining this new bloc. Seems likely they will but have to wait and see.

Edited by silentkiller

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1286323252' post='2476512']
Yeah, stood by and did nothing, etc. didn't leave to fight for a cause you believed in I get it. You were scared. :)

You know what I'm a fan of? You lately...
[/quote]

It's funny you think I've ever cared what happened to my pixels, especially given that it was sitting at 9K NS at that time. Try another line, maybe you'll eventually find a foothold.

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1286323332' post='2476516']
Criticising a "no u" by posting a "no u" yourself. :awesome:
Now how about you tell me that I am just trying to be relevant o Potato the "relevant one".

[size="1"]The feeling is mutual btw[/size]

[/quote]

I think we have a few problems here: 1. You don't know what "no u" means, 2. You actually think I'm trying to do anything more than mock the less intellectually gifted leaders of Bob on what ever side they are, 3. What feeling? I barely know who you are.

Edited by potato

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1286323830' post='2476528']
You can't possibly compare the climate of the time then to now. 9k is nothing then but joining a cause in a war you may never get out of with threats of at least ZI, possibly EZI and harsh reparations.. yeah kind of different.
[/quote]

Serious question (and I apologize if I misunderstand since I haven't been following the exchange the whole time): are you actually talking about your time in Vox here?

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1286324117' post='2476538']
Serious question (and I apologize if I misunderstand since I haven't been following the exchange the whole time): are you actually talking about your time in Vox here?
[/quote]

Just in general what was going on at that time. Not what I had to go through in particular. What you, I, so many others and what[b] no one [/b]should've been put through.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1286323830' post='2476528']
You can't possibly compare the climate of the time then to now. 9k is nothing then but joining a cause in a war you may never get out of with threats of at least ZI, possibly EZI and harsh reparations.. yeah kind of different.
[/quote]

I seriously think you misunderstand why I'm here. Hint: It has nothing to do with what happens with my nation's infra. It's size compared to how long I've been here should indicate to you that I've thrown it into the fire plenty of times. I never compared the climate, what I said was that ZI or EZI would not have made any difference to what I would have done concerning what alliance I would have joined.

Edited by Matthew Conrad

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1286323900' post='2476532']
I think we have a few problems here: 1. You don't know what "no u" means, 2. You actually think I'm trying to do anything more than mock the less intellectually gifted leaders of Bob on what ever side they are, 3. What feeling? I barely know who you are.
[/quote]

Have you been mocking your fellow shrooms again?

Now I would love to continue this discussion but I fear we have gone offtopic as it is so I will take my leave from this thread, unless ofcourse you want to talk about the Pandora's box. Good day.

Edited by silentkiller

1) Noway in hell MK is part of this.

2) I for one applaud this move. Don't know the political ramifications but based on the "leaked goldie speech" it's an attempt to end stagnation, and I for one can get behind that.

3) The question you should be asking is what tier 1 strength this bloc has versus the new superfriends (minus fark) and the new CnG (minus MK). (Tier 1 strength to my definition is = each individual alliance + direct MDPs/MDoAPs)

Edit: Extension to #3, if someone wants to do this, they should add a +/- for alliances with conflicting treaties... i'd do it but I'm lazy :P

Edited by Jay Z

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1286322725' post='2476496']
I think you should get someone a bit more realistic to replace you.
[/quote]

Realistic is the 3 million NS you lost during the time we fought you, compared to our 1 million, when you were 150% bigger than we were.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1286332321' post='2476720']
Realistic is the 3 million NS you lost during the time we fought you, compared to our 1 million, when you were 150% bigger than we were.
[/quote]

Yeah because we were fighting only you the might VE :laugh:

[quote name='Bilrow' timestamp='1286321479' post='2476465']
I find this line funny as well. VE getting the Messiah complex to be a guiding light for people.

And the real motivation behind all of this, political expedience to increase their influence while bringing a new era of politics to CN. Stuck on yourself much?
[/quote]

You're reaaaaaally stretching those two sound bytes for all they're worth Bilrow. I'm sure when NPO leadership attempts to sell members of the BR (who may not always be as politically knowledgeable as the gov members) on a significant new treaty like a bloc that they are sure to touch on the impact that the treaty would have on the alliance's influence and its position in the game.

This bloc has already started to fulfill part of what I said, it is breaking up stagnation in the game simply by such a seemingly polarizing issue being talked about. Hopefully it becomes a reality and then we can all continue to have fun with each other.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1286332477' post='2476726']
Yeah because we were fighting only you the might VE :laugh:
[/quote]

You're right, you weren't. You were fighting VE and our allies like Tetris, Ninjas, and WF, as well as Kronos, and their losses were negligible compared to ours because you focused your counterattack on us. All of the alliances plus VE combined were still far short of your NS at the time.