Ninja Election Announcement

nutkase

It would appear (with the addition of this DoW and another) a little annoyance of 2 small nations, has now turned into a serious conflict regarding 3 alliances and 50 nations and counting.

And to think, Methrage has started all this. Without him, this does not happen. Whether you like the ruler or not, just look at all that he has done to "do something about it."

GOONS, you tried to make him go away. Not only did you fail, but he is currently winning not the battle, but the war.

Good luck, Ninjas.

Edited by RePePe

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1285878756' post='2470132']
It would appear (with the addition of this DoW and another) a little annoyance of 2 small nations, has now turned into a serious conflict regarding 3 alliances and 50 nations and counting.

And to think, Methrage has started all this. Without him, this does not happen. Whether you like the ruler or not, just look at all that he has done to "do something about it."

GOONS, you tried to make him go away. Not only did you fail, but he is currently winning not the battle, but the war.

Good luck, Ninjas.
[/quote]
Not only holding Methrage solely responsible for the actions of Ninjas and FnKa (I'm sure their members would love to agree that they're only fighting us because Methrage said so), but already declaring they've beaten us eh.

The only way this could be more exaggerated would be if you declared that Methrage single-handedly defeated GOONS and all our allies.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285879331' post='2470147']
Not only holding Methrage solely responsible for the actions of Ninjas and FnKa (I'm sure their members would love to agree that they're only fighting us because Methrage said so), but already declaring they've beaten us eh.

The only way this could be more exaggerated would be if you declared that Methrage single-handedly defeated GOONS and all our allies.
[/quote]

Solely responsible? I've never thought or said that. It must merely be noted that Methrage was the spark in the powder keg.

You tried to silence, stop, and end him. Things only escalated exponentially.

Edited by RePePe

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285879331' post='2470147']

[/quote]
Don't you dare to underestimate our great and sovereign dictator His Imperial Highness Methrage!

Edited by Ziperia

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1285879770' post='2470151']
Solely responsible? I've never thought or said that. It must merely be noted that Methrage was the spark in the powder keg.

You tried to silence, stop, and end him. Things only escalated exponentially.
[/quote]
Not only did none of the recent attacks mention anything about Methrage (mostly "we don't like you," "we don't like your raiding policies," "you told us to", or "just because"), but Methrage attacked us when we were in a position to leave him alone indefinitely. Even if you actually believe any of this has anything at all to do with Methrage, he started it for literally no reason (a member of KN attacked us for no reason, and when we tried to resolve it, Methrage just attacked us instead).

If you really want to link disconnected events, you could pretend this is all the work of RUKUNU, who has been rogueing on us for something like 8+ months now. Clearly he caused Methrage to attack us, and then UOKMB, ninjas, and FnKa, despite none of them making that claim. You also didn't mention UOKMB in your claim, and they expressly wanted nothing to do with Methrage. So maybe THEY started this all!

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285880294' post='2470163']
Not only did none of the recent attacks mention anything about Methrage (mostly "we don't like you," "we don't like your raiding policies," "you told us to", or "just because"), but Methrage attacked us when we were in a position to leave him alone indefinitely. Even if you actually believe any of this has anything at all to do with Methrage, he started it for literally no reason (a member of KN attacked us for no reason, and when we tried to resolve it, Methrage just attacked us instead).

If you really want to link disconnected events, you could pretend this is all the work of RUKUNU, who has been rogueing on us for something like 8+ months now. Clearly he caused Methrage to attack us, and then UOKMB, ninjas, and FnKa, despite none of them making that claim. You also didn't mention UOKMB in your claim, and they expressly wanted nothing to do with Methrage. So maybe THEY started this all!
[/quote]

Ah, but RUKUNU is on the neutral shoving AA, and has obviously been doing it because he is the Highlander (there can be only one!). It is Neutral Shoving's fault this is happening.

Or the Scottish, I'm not certain.

Edited by Iserlohn

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285880294' post='2470163']
Not only did none of the recent attacks mention anything about Methrage (mostly "we don't like you," "we don't like your raiding policies," "you told us to", or "just because"), but Methrage attacked us when we were in a position to leave him alone indefinitely. Even if you actually believe any of this has anything at all to do with Methrage, he started it for literally no reason (a member of KN attacked us for no reason, and when we tried to resolve it, Methrage just attacked us instead).[/quote]

Seeing one person stand up against what they believed were wrongful raiding policies, others, who had been thinking of it for some time or not, decided it an opportune time to join the crusade. First Kerberos Nexus, then The Ninjas, then FnKa. Who will be next?

[quote]If you really want to link disconnected events, you could pretend this is all the work of RUKUNU, who has been rogueing on us for something like 8+ months now. Clearly he caused Methrage to attack us, and then UOKMB, ninjas, and FnKa, despite none of them making that claim. You also didn't mention UOKMB in your claim, and they expressly wanted nothing to do with Methrage. So maybe THEY started this all!
[/quote]

I'm not too fond of strawmen, so thanks but no thanks.

Edited by RePePe

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1285878756' post='2470132']
GOONS, you tried to make him go away. Not only did you fail, but [b]he is currently winning not the battle, but the war.[/b]

Good luck, Ninjas.
[/quote]
You are delusional.

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1285880560' post='2470171']
Seeing one person stand up against what they believed were wrongful raiding policies, others, who had been thinking of it for some time or not, decided it an opportune time to join the crusade. First Kerberos Nexus, then The Ninjas, then FnKa. Who will be next?
[/quote]
And what do you have to base this on other than whimsy and weak correlation? (correlation is not causation, you know!)

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1285880560' post='2470171']
[/quote]
You seem to be under the impression that it's all Methrage's fault any of this is going on. He "stood up" which led other people to do the same thing. It's not like they had their own motives or reasons, they all just did it because Methrage did. Right? Well even so, Methrage is not the first (as I said, RUKUNU has been doing this for far longer, so why aren't you crediting him?). So even if you think people are following someone else blindly without any reasons of their own, why even pin it on Methrage?

Actually why even discuss it. Let's ask. Ninjas, FnKa, you're all only doing this because of Methrage right? Your OPs where you cited other reasons that had nothing to do with Methrage, and didn't mention him at all, that's all just a ruse right? You're just joining Methrage's blind crusade against GOONS right? RePePe said so.

And yes, good question. Who [i]will[/i] be next?

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285881812' post='2470197']
You seem to be under the impression that it's all Methrage's fault any of this is going on. He "stood up" which led other people to do the same thing. It's not like they had their own motives or reasons, they all just did it because Methrage did. Right? Well even so, Methrage is not the first (as I said, RUKUNU has been doing this for far longer, so why aren't you crediting him?). So even if you think people are following someone else blindly without any reasons of their own, why even pin it on Methrage?

Actually why even discuss it. Let's ask. Ninjas, FnKa, you're all only doing this because of Methrage right? Your OPs where you cited other reasons that had nothing to do with Methrage, and didn't mention him at all, that's all just a ruse right? You're just joining Methrage's blind crusade against GOONS right? RePePe said so.[/quote]

You missed what I said, again. They have their own reasons for doing it, yes. But with the conflict with Kerberos Nexus escalating day-by-day, is not now an opportune time to finally go through with your plans?

Sure, perhaps it was just a coincidence that the conflict with Methrage and friend escalated into a conflict with a tiny alliance named Kerberos Nexus. Perhaps, it was just a coincidence that Jim decided to "do something about it." Perhaps, it was just a coincidence that Kerberos Nexus grew to 14 members and counting. Perhaps, it was just a coincidence that the Ninjas also decided to "do something about it" following events and arguments related to Methrage. Perhaps, it was just a coincidence that FnKa also chose this time to "do something about it." Or perhaps not.

[quote]And yes, good question. Who [i]will[/i] be next?
[/quote]

We shall see.

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1285882306' post='2470204']
Sure, perhaps it was just a coincidence that the conflict with Methrage and friend escalated into a conflict with a tiny alliance named Kerberos Nexus. Perhaps, it was just a coincidence that Jim decided to "do something about it." Perhaps, it was just a coincidence that Kerberos Nexus grew to 14 members and counting. Perhaps, it was just a coincidence that the Ninjas also decided to "do something about it" following events and arguments related to Methrage. Perhaps, it was just a coincidence that FnKa also chose this time to "do something about it." Or perhaps not.
[/quote]
Correct.

It was no coincidence that Methrage attacked us for no reason. He's just like that.

People have been secretly aiding Methrage for a while. WE are the ones who have been "doing something about it." We've dealt with 3 people secret aiding. Jim called our bluff not thinking we'd tangle with the 22nd nation. But we did.

KN is only growing because Methrage is sending out recruitment messages to brand new nations trying to bloat his AA so he can get more people to agree he's "an alliance" and probably so he can try to get people to unsanction him (which he's been doing for weeks). He's inviting people who have no idea what's going on. Check the stats on all the members if you want.

Ninjas and FnKa both said they're fighting because they want to, and for their own personal reasons. FnKa even expressly pointed out their war was already planned and has nothing to do with the others.

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1285882306' post='2470204']
[/quote]
UOKMB has done more damage than Methrage and his band of Kerberos Nexi. I'd say if anything, they were the "opportunity" that The Ninjas and FnKa used.

Edit: Even though I'm quite certain The Ninjas and FnKa have enough integrity to have gone through with their plans anyways, you're free to have your own "ideas".

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285882976' post='2470215']
Correct.

It was no coincidence that Methrage attacked us for no reason. He's just like that.

People have been secretly aiding Methrage for a while. WE are the ones who have been "doing something about it." We've dealt with 3 people secret aiding. Jim called our bluff not thinking we'd tangle with the 22nd nation. But we did.

KN is only growing because Methrage is sending out recruitment messages to brand new nations trying to bloat his AA so he can get more people to agree he's "an alliance" and probably so he can try to get people to unsanction him (which he's been doing for weeks). He's inviting people who have no idea what's going on. Check the stats on all the members if you want.

Ninjas and FnKa both said they're fighting because they want to, and for their own personal reasons. FnKa even expressly pointed out their war was already planned and has nothing to do with the others.
[/quote]
I've sent out no recruitment messages to new nations after our war started. Also I lead by example, so I didn't need to ask them to declare, they saw what I was doing was a just cause and followed my lead in declaring war on you guys for their own reasons. Maybe more will do the same. I think FnKa mentioned your abuse of sanctions in our war as one of their grievances with you guys and your attitude towards The Ninjas when they criticized your conduct in the war is what led to them declaring on you apparently.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1285861950' post='2469793']
Verily I do say, my good sir, you seem to be characterizing applying your "extensive vocabulary" proposes that the intelligence of the other party would be in question in this particular case but we recognize this to not be the case. It is simply a way to show off a lack of a certain fortitude, sir.

[/quote]
It was not I that took offense to my apparent consultation of my pocket thesaurus as some plainly lame attempt at playing the victim. But what fortitude are you referring to?

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1285875341' post='2470060']
No, she wasn't. Sal was intending to say that he is not one of the alliances that brought allies along to deal with rogues so he's allowed to throw that accusation, but that's butchering the meaning of the quote and then pretending that Beefspari was incorrect in inferring the true meaning.[/quote]

Really? You can read Sal's mind? I am impressed.

[quote](OOC: The original "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" was in reference to a woman who had committed adultery and was about to be stoned to death. The crowd eventually felt ashamed and left. Are you saying that every single person in the crowd had committed adultery? Unlikely. You can't use the quote to say "I'm not guilty of this particular sin so I get to point the finger" as that's totally warping the original meaning. So don't tell me that we're wrong for interpreting it correctly.)
[/quote][ooc]You do an excellent job of putting words in other people's mouths. I wonder how you're able to know what they're trying to say better than they themselves do?[/ooc]

You're doing an excellent job of proving my claim right so far. Two out of three, I think. It's clearly intentional, so will you oblige me by going for the full set?

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1285881371' post='2470186']
And what do you have to base this on other than whimsy and weak correlation? (correlation is not causation, you know!)
[/quote]
God I love using that phrase. It's amazing how often people make that mistake when drawing conclusions.

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1285875341' post='2470060']
No, she wasn't. Sal was intending to say that he is not one of the alliances that brought allies along to deal with rogues so he's allowed to throw that accusation, but that's butchering the meaning of the quote and then pretending that Beefspari was incorrect in inferring the true meaning.[/quote]

In the single-minded world of GOONS, my use of that quote had to be completely literal. There is no allusion or poetic license. Theirs is a dull and uninspired alliance. And because all GOONS are bereft of any intellectual integrity, they will twist argument and evidence to suit their pre-arrived at conclusions. The logic Dr Beefstupid is employing to argue that Beefspari's interpretation was correct, should be applied further. By this logic, not only was I saying that I was without sin, but I was also calling GOONS adulterers.

But this isn't why Beefspari was wrong. I said that he was not quite right, suggesting he was partially right. But don't let reality get in the way of a GOONS argument. I said whatever is convenient for them to use in twisting another embarrassingly incognizant attack. This is what happens when you recruit from a pool that thinks "simplicity" and "elementary" are big words.

What kind of school do you think most children learn a word like [i]elementary[/i]?

Is it any surprise that GOONS reading this thread are incapable of recognizing the straight forward arguments for their cowardice?

Edited by Sal Paradise

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1285889545' post='2470327']
In the single-minded world of GOONS, my use of that quote had to be completely literal. There is no allusion or poetic license. Theirs is a dull and uninspired alliance. And because all GOONS are bereft of any intellectual integrity, they will twist argument and evidence to suit their pre-arrived at conclusions. The logic Dr Beefstupid is employing to argue that Beefspari's interpretation was correct, should be applied further. By this logic, not only was I saying that I was without sin, but I was also calling GOONS adulterers.

But this isn't why Beefspari was wrong. I said that he was not quite right, suggesting he was partially right. But don't let reality get in the way of a GOONS argument. I said whatever is convenient for them to use in twisting another embarrassingly incognizant attack. This is what happens when you recruit from a pool that thinks "simplicity" and "elementary" are big words.

What kind of school do you think most children learn a word like [i]elementary[/i]?

Is it any surprise that GOONS reading this thread are incapable of recognizing the straight forward arguments for their cowardice?
[/quote]
You used a quote which almost literally means "Nobody is perfect, so don't be so quick to condemn others for their imperfections," then immediately went on to say "GOONS sucks though." Now you're defending to the death the secret hidden meanings that you probably made up just before replying. Just get over it, man. If you actually meant something other than what the quote literally means, use a different quote next time. Don't puff your chest out and try to pretend that nobody but you understands the secret meaning of a quote that's existed for centuries. Unless you were actually being [i]sarcastic[/i], in which case you could've just said that instead of "Ohoho, everyone but me is stupid!"

And utilizing prodigious words and semi-colons doesn't make you veracious or brilliant; it's merely distracting and pretentious.

I'm also not a he. :ehm:

Honestly, the truthful reason that I take issue with the phrase "elemtary simplicity" is its repetition and its redundancy. I hate and loathe redundant repetition.

On a serious note, I have a hard time believing that you have such a difficult time comprehending the meaning of these posts of GOONS. I mean, with all of your insinuation about the character of our intelligence, I would have thought you'd do a better job of parsing meaning yourself.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1285891345' post='2470360']
[b]Honestly, the truthful reason that I take issue with the phrase "elemtary simplicity" is its repetition and its redundancy. I hate and loathe redundant repetition.
[/b]
On a serious note, I have a hard time believing that you have such a difficult time comprehending the meaning of these posts of GOONS. I mean, with all of your insinuation about the character of our intelligence, I would have thought you'd do a better job of parsing meaning yourself.
[/quote]
Was the irony intentional? It's sometimes hard to tell.

Well, at least you're not taking deep offense to the words used. I was wondering if maybe GOONS was starting to develop a thin skin for a moment there. Which, given the context of this discussion, would be an uproariously amusing turn of events.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1285887984' post='2470302']
Really? You can read Sal's mind? I am impressed.[/quote]

I admit it was an assumption on my part, but the fact is that he was obviously very unclear. And you guys are mocking Beefspari for asking for clarification on an "elementarily simple" point while refusing to clarify so, hey, DUH, I'm going to start making guesses because you guys are giving me squat to work with.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1285887984' post='2470302'][ooc]You do an excellent job of putting words in other people's mouths. I wonder how you're able to know what they're trying to say better than they themselves do?[/ooc]
[/quote]

It's a good thing you're not doing that, then. That would be silly.

Edited by Dr Beefstupid

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1285892914' post='2470391']
I didn't know this thread was about what Sal meant in quoting the Bible.

Perhaps you should focus less on [i]how [/i]he called you cowards, and more on [i]that [/i]he called you cowards.
[/quote]
Actually this thread is supposed to be about the new elected officials, or the process thereof, of the ninjas. So congrats on your election stuff, ninjas!

In all seriousness, I'm fighting two ninjas right now and enjoying myself. I wish they would involve themselves in the war more. I declared on one and was declared on another. So far, about all that's coming through the cracks is the daily nuke.

Edited by Beefspari

Edit:

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1285893833' post='2470419']
I am without sin. Xavii's restrictions do not apply to me. You are cowards.
[/quote]
That ain't true. You've sinned heavily against the poor !@#$%^s in the GPA, you've even commented on it in your signature.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz