Ninja Election Announcement

nutkase

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285891339' post='2470359']
You used a quote which almost literally means "Nobody is perfect, so don't be so quick to condemn others for their imperfections," then immediately went on to say "GOONS sucks though." Now you're defending to the death the secret hidden meanings that you probably made up just before replying. Just get over it, man. If you actually meant something other than what the quote literally means, use a different quote next time. Don't puff your chest out and try to pretend that nobody but you understands the secret meaning of a quote that's existed for centuries. Unless you were actually being [i]sarcastic[/i], in which case you could've just said that instead of "Ohoho, everyone but me is stupid!"[/quote]

There is no hidden meaning. As I said, the meaning is simple. It should be obvious. I don't believe that nobody understands it, just you and Beefstupid, and in all likelihood everyone in GOONS.

Regardless of whatever convoluted interpretations you've come up with, the meaning is this and only this:

I am without sin. Xavii's restrictions do not apply to me. You are cowards.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1285892511' post='2470385']
I admit it was an assumption on my part, but the fact is that he was obviously very unclear. And you guys are mocking Beefspari for asking for clarification on an "elementarily simple" point while refusing to clarify so, hey, DUH, I'm going to start making guesses because you guys are giving me squat to work with.[/quote] I was not mocking anyone, simply pointing out that what Sal had said was misinterpreted.

If you take offense to every perceived slight, that simply isn't very healthy.

[quote]
It's a good thing you're not doing that, then. That would be silly.
[/quote]
You're free to prove me the hypocrite, as always. Or you can continue to just deflect, of course.

[quote]If you can't tell, then I won't tell you, and something about your intelligence too![/quote]I suppose I gave you too little credit then.

Honestly, you all are mighty thin-skinned these days. What ever happened to those rambunctious, take-no-prisoners edgy GOONS you were a short while ago?

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1285893976' post='2470423']
Honestly, you all are mighty thin-skinned these days. What ever happened to those rambunctious, take-no-prisoners edgy GOONS you were a short while ago?
[/quote]

They're hiding behind our allies.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285881812' post='2470197']
You seem to be under the impression that it's all Methrage's fault any of this is going on. He "stood up" which led other people to do the same thing. It's not like they had their own motives or reasons, they all just did it because Methrage did. Right? Well even so, Methrage is not the first (as I said, RUKUNU has been doing this for far longer, so why aren't you crediting him?). So even if you think people are following someone else blindly without any reasons of their own, why even pin it on Methrage?

Actually why even discuss it. Let's ask. Ninjas, FnKa, you're all only doing this because of Methrage right? Your OPs where you cited other reasons that had nothing to do with Methrage, and didn't mention him at all, that's all just a ruse right? You're just joining Methrage's blind crusade against GOONS right? RePePe said so.

And yes, good question. Who [i]will[/i] be next?
[/quote]

I'm hoping Methrage will be next. Myself out of anarchy and Methrage in my range would mean my next offensive slot cycle would likely be Methy and 2 GOONS*. I like fighting you guys because stuff goes boom, but a shot at Emperor <REDACTED> would be way to sweet to pass up.

*Pending of course any peace between our AAs.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1285893833' post='2470419']
There is no hidden meaning. As I said, the meaning is simple. It should be obvious. I don't believe that nobody understands it, just you and Beefstupid, and in all likelihood everyone in GOONS.

Regardless of whatever convoluted interpretations you've come up with, the meaning is this and only this:

I am without sin. Xavii's restrictions do not apply to me. You are cowards.
[/quote]Using the phrase "let he without sin cast the first stone" as an excuse to cast metaphorical stones is pretty much the most contradictory thing.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1285893833' post='2470419']
I don't believe that nobody understands it, just you and Beefstupid, and in all likelihood everyone in GOONS.[/quote]

I think I understand what you mean, but you pretty much just said that everyone in GOONS understands.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1285893833' post='2470419']I am without sin.[/quote]

Which is what Beefspari asked. Why did this turn into such a debate then?

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1285893976' post='2470423']
You're free to prove me the hypocrite, as always. Or you can continue to just deflect, of course.
[/quote]

What the hell am I deflecting? That "GOONS are cowards?" That's 100% an opinionated statement. I can't argue that. I don't think we are, but unless you actually back up "GOONS are cowards" with contestable evidence there's no point in arguing, is there? People have been calling us cowards for a while now. It's not news.

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1285836413' post='2469578']
Their average NS was in the hundreds as well (fun fact: their avg NS was less than their nation count). Somehow I think it's more difficult to fight an elite alliance (in both skill and avg NS) that utterly dominates the high-end tier than an alliance that consists largely of newbies who have neither the knowhow or strength to really deal damage.
You shouldn't dismiss the example so easily based on the nation count. The quality of the nations should be taken into account as well.
[/quote]
You're actually reinforcing my point, which is that the two situations are completely different and don't make a good comparison.

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1285894555' post='2470437']

What the hell am I deflecting? That "GOONS are cowards?" That's 100% an opinionated statement. I can't argue that. I don't think we are, but unless you actually back up "GOONS are cowards" with contestable evidence there's no point in arguing, is there? People have been calling us cowards for a while now. It's not news.
[/quote]
Well, making an aside into how Im an apparent hypocrite for vague and unproven reason [i]X[/i] with regards to this situation...somehow...Can't really be considered to be anything [i]but[/i] a deflection.

Anyway, it's still distressing to see that GOONS stances have changed so much that they've provoked reactions like this from various alliances. It truly is a sight to see.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1285895314' post='2470461']
Clarify, please. How have our stances changed exactly?
[/quote]
I was not referring to your political leanings, more of a reference to one's posture. Is there a better word I could have used? Im afraid I lost my thesaurus.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1285895456' post='2470462']
I was not referring to your political leanings, more of a reference to one's posture. Is there a better word I could have used? Im afraid I lost my thesaurus.
[/quote]

I still don't know what you're saying.

[sub]And no, I'm not lying.[/sub]

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1285883004' post='2470217']
UOKMB has done more damage than Methrage and his band of Kerberos Nexi. I'd say if anything, they were the "opportunity" that The Ninjas and FnKa used.

Edit: Even though I'm quite certain The Ninjas and FnKa have enough integrity to have gone through with their plans anyways, you're free to have your own "ideas".
[/quote]
This has nothing to do with Methrage really. In all fairness, his crusade doesn't benefit us one bit as we're all upper tier. I am sure we'll follow soon, and I am sure many of you will as well. :wub:

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1285895837' post='2470471']
I still don't know what you're saying.
[/quote]

THIS. Chron, you keep throwing around accusations like that we're deflecting, or changing our stance and not providing a single piece of evidence to back your statements up. Nothing you say makes any sense outside of your own head so I'm just going to ignore you now. Thank you for your contribution to my personal insanity.

Edit: Wait, let me guess your response:

"Nice deflection."

Edited by Dr Beefstupid

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1285895456' post='2470462']
[/quote]I believe the term you are seeking is "attitude", though I don't really think ours has changed much.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1285896365' post='2470490']
I believe the term you are seeking is "attitude", though I don't really think ours has changed much.
[/quote]
Attitude, yes, that would seem to work. Although it carries such a negative connotation. And you know, change always is least noticeable to the person who undergoes it the most.
[quote]
THIS. Chron, you keep throwing around accusations like that we're deflecting, or changing our stance and not providing a single piece of evidence to back your statements up. Nothing you say makes any sense outside of your own head so I'm just going to ignore you now. Thank you for your contribution to my personal insanity.
[/quote]But I [i]have[/i] proven it in other occurrences. That I have so far been so lazy as to not bother with filling my comments with exhaustive references to every time you all have changed your mind does not prove the evidence supporting my point does not exist.

I'll start with something simple: You just spent a great deal of time crying about how;

1) Sal and I were apparently mocking your intelligence for making use of a range of words in the English Language.

2) Arguing about an interpretation of what Sal meant by what he said, despite him contradicting your assertion despite your highly developed ability to make up people's minds for them.

3) Playing dumb, then smart, then dumb again, by not seeing how a deflection works in a discussion, while then proceeding to claim that you are not deflecting at all.

All of this, of course, is in reference to what started this chain of events, which is an extension of your attitude of telling people to suck it up, and yet here you are, playing the victim with all the unjustified insults levied at you which are completely untrue.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth here. You can't portray yourselves as the big bad while having a paper thin skin at the same time. It's a blatant contradiction. Some members of your alliance are apparently able to handle themselves without flying off the handle at the slightest provocation.

You are not demonstrating that capacity. If you don't like what people are saying, then do something about it.

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1285897223' post='2470507']
What are you talking about? Really?

I am obviously still missing the point.
[/quote]
Just commenting on the inherent irony of your sigged quote in relation to the conversation around this war your alliance is having with Ninjas. It's such a shame.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1285897583' post='2470515']
Just commenting on the inherent irony of your sigged quote in relation to the conversation around this war your alliance is having with Ninjas. It's such a shame.
[/quote]

When did Schattenman post?

I don't think I saw it.

He's saying you're a lot of talk, and absolutely no balls. An alliance of contradictions, mainly that you portray yourself as the criminal and the victim, which is clearly stated in his post. Silly Chron forgot the pictures (This is a blatant mocking of your intelligence, to save you the trouble of discerning that by yourself).

Edited by Unholy

[quote name='Unholy' timestamp='1285897712' post='2470519']
He's saying you're a lot of talk, and absolutely no balls. An alliance of contradictions (Mainly that you portray yourself as the criminal and the victim, which is clearly stated in his post). He didn't include pictures, that must be why you guys are having such a hard time.
[/quote]

No balls? What about all the fighting we're doing?

Oh rite, allies ;_; halp oh gods halp halp halp

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1285897659' post='2470516']
When did Schattenman post?

I don't think I saw it.
[/quote]
Man, you guys are really good at this irony thing. I may need to take notes before you all suddenly go out and start giving me the silent treatment en masse.

If only you had done the same to poor Ninjas...

Edited by Chron